Random Questions

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

Ashurbanipal

Random Questions

Post by Ashurbanipal » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:10 am

Hey all, this is my first post here in ages,

I need to mention that I have been playing SiC for many a revision, and have enjoyed it a lot. Good work Jay!

I do have a couple questions though...

1. Do the Act I mercs generate a 'Thorns' aura in 2.21b, that is detrimental to the enemy? (Seems almost all the monsters that rush me are 'Thorned'...?) If so (?) do the different mercs in different acts have different auras?

2. Are any of the Orbs or Rods one can craft in the cube considered staff-class weapons for Sorcs? (I know some Rods aren't -- they don't allow you to cast the tree that requires a Mage weapon).

3. Having just returned to SiC after about a year break from D2, I don't recall what qualities of a socketable item are counted when placed into jewelry... (shield or armour?)

4. The upgradable gems that can be bought from e.g., Lysander (I think they are Fire Opals): do these count as perfect gems when upgraded to max, for the purposes of cube recipes?

5. Does a list exist anywhere of what items one shouldn't hoard? (e.g., the items that are only to be sold, that don't factor in cube recipes, etc. so I can get rid of them but not get spoilers?)

6. Can only weapons be upgraded in the cube from superior to elite in normal difficulty in SiC? (I was hoarding superior armour/boots/gloves to try in the cube, but figure I better ask to see if I am wasting my time).

7. I have played a few other mods as well (sorry but I have to ask...) anyone mod their SiC to incorporate the Merc Patch (full equip for the Mercs) or the Stash Patch (which adds buttons to the bottom of the stash screen, permitting several pages worth of stash storage space -- I think it comes from the Nezer Mod?) Takes up lots of space to hoard the items I think might be useful in cube recipes later!

Cheers,
-Chris
Last edited by Ashurbanipal on Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ashurbanipal

Re: Random Questions

Post by Ashurbanipal » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:41 pm

Whoops, sorry about that.
Last edited by Ashurbanipal on Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Ashurbanipal
"Some people are so far behind in the race that they actually believe they are leading."

BJ

Post by BJ » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:58 pm

1. The amazon skill inner sight has been turned into an aura & uses the graphics of might as you have seen. The rogues in act one use this aura now.
2. As long as they're 2-handed they should work. ;) Hence, this precludes most rods, unless I'm mistaken.
3. The shield rings, when socketed, count as shield stats.
4. You'll have to try it to see, I'm not sure but I think I've used it once or twice.
5. some aren't needed, eg. the coins that come in piles. Almost all the trinkets you need can be bought from some merchant somewhere in some difficulty. In any case you prob. won't need to hoard many of each type...
6&7. beh.

Return to “Arcanum Archives”