question about courier bags

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

Gubbinz

question about courier bags

Post by Gubbinz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:24 am

not sure if this has been asked before, but
how many different sizes are there for courier bags?
lvl 74 paladin, single player, finished Hell - Sanctuary in Chaos
lvl 65 amazon, single player, Act 4 Hell - Sanctuary in Chaos

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: question about courier bags

Post by jbouley » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:41 am

Unless I've forgotten myself, I made four sizes:

Small, medium, large and huge.

The first three really only occupy a 1x1 square in the inventory...it's just the image itself that changes size slightly.

Huge bags occupy 1x2 squares.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:33 pm

One more question comes to my mind: IIRC there are more than just the Receiver's Dagger to be bought @ Asheara's, but what do these other daggers do? Are they of any use at all?
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:11 pm

As far as I can tell the other knives do nothing.

The courier bags generally yield "sellables", but occasionally you get very bizarre results... the Cherub Wing (fanged blood claw) has a decent chance to be in a large bag.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:51 pm

[quote=IronSigil";p="129853"]As far as I can tell the other knives do nothing.[/quote]

Well, I think that destroying the bag is "something." ;) :P

The wide variety of knives are intended to make trying to open the bags more of a gamble (until you figure out which one is the one you should use). I probably could have (or should have) made the system a little more complex, but oh, well. ;)

I'll try to look at treasure outputs and make sure I don't have things in there that are too overpowered that I might not have intended.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:29 pm

which brings up a somewhat good point to mind...
u mentioned that the cherub wing should be in the huge bags, the "1x2", right?
for some reason, in the smallest bags, i've gotten one, and then when i opened the next(i open several at a time) i got another one
is this a bug?
or do all the bags have the same percentage of creating the same items?

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:26 am

I don't know for certain, but I probably had the bag-within-a-bag one on purpose. I was just looking for different options for each bag to provide a fair amount of variety.
-Jeff Bouley

Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:45 am

i didn't mean bag-within-a-bag
i meant i got one cherub wing, and then the next one i opened, i got another cherub wing
o well
btw, a question about drops...u mentioned in another topic that each "super unique"'s drops were improved somewhat, but is it a good thing that i get mavina's entire set from blood raven, and natalya's entire set from the countess?(both hell)
i mean, searching for those hard to find items become way easier if u can find an entire set with just one super unique...

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:57 am

I don't know if it's "good" or not. I thought it might be nice to have certain sets drop from "appropriate" superuniques so that if you haven't found the set earlier, you can find it by Hell difficulty.

But, since I have to make more changes for 2.21B, perhaps I'll tinker with the set drops a bit more still. ;)
-Jeff Bouley

Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:10 am

well, if u mean appropriate, i'm not too sure if the countess counts as an assassin
i can understand mavina's set and blood raven though

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:33 am

It's nice to get sets without etherseeking, endlessly mfing, or using a recipe I stumbled upon and darest not repeat. As for the Cherub Wing, I am not sure that its overpowered. It sells nicely, but I can't imagine USING it...

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:43 am

I might go ahead and make the Hell drops not ALWAYS drop the full set, but do it so that you might get the full set or may have to do multiple runs to get it all.

Likewise, I might reduce the possibilities of the set items dropping in Nightmare a bit as well.

Nothing so drastic as to make set completion painful...but maybe something to add a slight more bit of work to it even in Hell.

EDIT
I always thought the Cherub's Wing would be good for characters who don't rely on melee (sorcs and necros) but sometimes need to get into the thick of things.
Last edited by jbouley on Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:53 am

yes, ironsigil, and never mention it again :)
but, i agree, the cherub wing, even though it sells nicely, is too high a lvl req to use, and at that point, there are better things to use
and good idea jbouley, to make it not drop the whole set, cause that would be....quite chaotic...have u tried fighting the smiths in the barracks?
3 FULL SETS of aldur's....lol
it took about 4 trips to sell all of it

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:21 am

[quote=Gubbinz";p="129997"]have u tried fighting the smiths in the barracks?
3 FULL SETS of aldur's....lol
it took about 4 trips to sell all of it[/quote]

ooopsie...the things one doesn't think about while modding (and rarely being able to play it)
;)
-Jeff Bouley

Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:29 am

well, its a nice way to make quick cash :roll: , but it gets annoying after u see neon green item, after neon green item, basically the entire screen is full of either "sets" or "recipes" :twisted:
i don't know which one is worse :)

Return to “Arcanum Archives”