Some thing wierd [bug?]

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

CiViC
Paladin

Some thing wierd [bug?]

Post by CiViC » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:52 pm

Before i report any bugs i think this mod is really great.
It is the first one i tried when i started tinkering with D2 again :)

Just a small report nothing big, i don't know if it has been reported or if it is a bug at all.
Bears seemed to be invisible in the "Den of Evil", i couldn't even hit them with my staff.
The only way to kill them was to shoot fire balls all around me, hoping to hit something.

But, no harm done (luckily i was a sorceress) :mrgreen: , this could be trouble for paladins and barbarians. :-|

I was wondering can this be a bug report topic?
The mod does not seem to have one. :(

I'm also writing a cube recepie list, if anyone is interrested PM me.

:arrow: Well Anyway thanks for the great mod Jeff. ;)
Last edited by CiViC on Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[color=339999]"Death , dont try to find it .. it will find you."[/color]
|RPG WORLD||RPGW FORUM||PLANET DIABLO||WEBSITE SOON AVAILABLE|

[color=339999]Do you like RPG ? Do you like Comics ? Visit RPG WORLD!
Comic Every Sunday , Wednesday and Friday![/color]

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Some thing wierd [bug?]

Post by jbouley » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:40 am

Someone else mentioned invisible bears in the Den of Evil recently (don't remember which thread it was...but it was very recently). Seems not to be a problem for everyone. Not sure what's causing it yet...though I will try to fix if I can. :)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:06 am

as long as your right click to attack the invisible monsters, you hit them, but if you left click, you will just run around them

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:32 am

Well Jeff, I dunno whats going on here :? I finally got 2.21b and got it running. I started a new character and for some reason i crash constantly in act 1.... I have no idea why but it always seems to be right when Im in the middle of hardcore action, like by bishbosh the unique shaman in cold plains, i usually get like 40 monsters chasing me then just go at em all.. this is in normal by the way with a lvl 20 if that makes any difference :mischievous: i figured maybe too many monsters piling up was the problem but im not sure.. anyways, sofar, youve added alot of cool stuff since 2.20 ... and some of the items im seeing, well, heh, all i gotta say is ownage :turnevil: at any rate, im definitely not complaining about the game crashing every two hours, cuz id rather have that than nothing at all, but i figured since you are the mod creator, you would be interested in my :2c: every now and then when i see something wrong... anyways, take it easy ... thx

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:47 am

Whoa... something weird happened today.. i was in act 2 lost city and the game started to lag like bnet would, i could run around but the monsters stood there, but even worse, it stayed like that. i tried manually shutting down diablo but it didnt work, it totally froze my pc... dunno what thats all about.. lol the mod still rocks tho, nice changes im seeing around almost every corner O-H happy turkey everyone :drunk: :drinking: :sleep:

BJ

Post by BJ » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:02 pm

Never heard this from anyone else.... :\
Patched everything to 1.09B?
Any specific items/skill you've been using?

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:10 pm

Well, my barb is lvl 30 now, and something else happened.. my barb froze after taking a hit from something in act 3. he was just froze there leaning back like he was hit, and everything just kept trying to hit him, they didnt get another hit off after that and i had to restart the computer.. ive also had a problem putting on this one rare item for pally onto my barb... its like some kind of spirit harp or something, i was gonna see what it looked like on the outside appearance. its not a class specific or anything but when i put it on, the game once again froze.. lol. you know what, maybe its cuz i got like 50 unique charms i made on me at the same time .. hmmm? lol i can understand certain skill charges and chance to cast on get hit or hit skills can make the game unstable when they coincide with eachother so ill just leave it at that.. its pretty obvious to me that JB could prolly make his own game with a lil help from his friends, he ought to.. hell, if he really wanted to, he might also feel inclined to just change the whole damn game, which would own. but, who has the time hu. JB, u should make ur own game and make a million bux..

:beer: ill drink to that

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:16 am

Making my own game would require programming knowledge. I have absolutely none. ;)

That's why there's nothing in my mod that involves code editing. If D2 weren't relatively easy to mod, I wouldn't have any mods out at all. :)

No idea what your problem is with the freezing up.

Just so that you know, the harp won't really change your appearance. Adding animations to the game is difficult enough even for skilled animators/programmers...you need thousands of individual animations to do it...so "wearing" one of the musical instruments is kind of like having a shield that doesn't display. Your arm will be "empty"
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:58 pm

ive been searching all over, and i cant find a few things i need for the life of me... one is a faceted orb, ive not once seen one.. two is faceted skyshard likewise, and an amberstar jewel... i think ive seen the last one somewhere but i forget, plz help :OI:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:04 pm

Faceted Orbs are pretty powerful, so they don't drop as often as most other "gems"

However, if all else fails, you can always buy them from Larzuk in Act 5 if you have enough gold.

The skyshard and amberstar won't start dropping until Nightmare difficulty. I assume you want them for a recipe (since they aren't socketable and are mainly used to sell back to vendors for gold). There's no way to get them before Nightmare, I don't think. Those two items just drop as part of some general treasure classes...they aren't tied to specific monster types.
Last edited by jbouley on Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:57 pm

lol, i dont get it, as soon as i post a question about certain things that ive had extensive time trying to find or figure out, it ends up coming right out in the open, cuz not even a half hour after i posted the last question, i found all 3 , i got confused in the spoilers with faceted orb, when its actually faceted dusk orb, i know, im a moron. :n00b: thx for replying tho

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:02 pm

ive totally forgotten myself, theres more than one faceted orb, i think :OI:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:05 pm

Three of them, I think (maybe four, but certainly no more than that...yeesh, I've added so many things I've forgotten what many of them are. :roll:)
-Jeff Bouley

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:26 pm

would you happen to know the recipe for making items rare? ive been trying to transmute a talisminac mantle with the recipes in the spoiler docs, but for some reason both recipes dont work, one requires a sorcerers eye with amberstar jewel and a faceted skyshard and the other is any magestone with the other two, it just makes it magical, possibly the recipe that makes items magical is the one for rares in the docs, i have no clue

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:47 pm

Everything seems right with the recipes. Have you tested it out on any other items...maybe that item specifically is very temperamental.

As far as I know from earlier testing, the recipe works in general.

One thing that MIGHT be your problem (or maybe not) is to make sure you have the right amberstar and skyshard. Make sure you're not using the "uncut" varieties, the ones that can be right-clicked to become an amberstar jewel or faceted skyshard.

Can anyone else report on the usefulness (or lack thereof) of the rare-making recipe? I've never tried to make any of the "sorc armors" like the talismanic mantle into a rare myself, and I don't really have the time to go in for any testing right now to see if it's specifically funky.
-Jeff Bouley

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:25 am

ya its kinda weird, talismanic mantle wont become a rare for me, ive used the right kinds of amberstar and skyshard, but whats even weirder, i purged one and made it basic, then had charsi imbue it and it turned out to be magical :bad-words: grrrr charsi... what ive been trying to do is, since i cant find the unique talismanic mantle, ive been trying to seek it..

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:16 am

oh by the way, i keep forgetting to ask you, and since ive had a bit to drink, i finally remembered :drinking: whats the most powerful barb weapon in this mod, and while im on the subject, and if you have the time, whats the best setup in your opinion for a barb. i know you havent really had the time to play your own mod, but what do you think would be the perfect barb setup as far as gear and charms go. my inventory is basically packed with unique charms that i created from your spoiler docs, many are pretty good and i find it hard to get rid of any. the gear is ok but what i find difficult is knowing what kind of gear to be looking for. back in 2.2 patch i was using numerous set and unique items with sockets with socketables and they work pretty well for normal and nightmare. but as you probably know, hell difficulty is like a complete 180, the difficulty jumps from pretty easy to almost impossible if you are limited to certain skills. like what one person posted, one second you own, the next ur pwned. not only that but what id like to do is try and get others into dueling with your mods. the versatility of battling with SO MANY different items and different modifications to those items makes battle.net look like the stone age, i mean really, bnet could be so much better and i think youve proved that fact with sic. as a matter of fact, i think alot of ppl that play on bnet and have played sic before are a little intimidated by the amount of difference between classic xpac and your mod. truthefully i was too, but its just like learning a whole new game and thats what makes it fun, what makes it even better is what i was saying before, the amount of different items and skills and all that rolled into one makes it even more strategic as far as dueling. and the other thing i was wondering is why in the hell isnt anyone playing it..... prolly pure ignorance cuz if bnet and 1.10 patch was ANYthing like this mod, ppl would be soiling themselves. granted there are alot of easy ins and outs, but when you duel someone, you have many different ways of winning or loosing. bnet, if you have a gf or ccqob as a barb along with valor and what not, you own no matter what basically, along with 290 psn and all that CRAP. or a zon with wf or a sorc with occy and tals / shako/ whatnot , its basically all the same setup. that is what makes games boring. what i like most about this mod is, when the realm is up, you dont really see hacked items and therefore its a fair game. well enough blabbin, ill just hold this thought for now, oh, any news on bnetd? :?:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:24 am

No news about BnetD (aka {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning}) that I've heard...are they still down?

As for barbs even if I played my mod more often, I'm not sure I'd be the best person to ask about barb builds...I know so little about them (I'm a sorc and amazon man myself...and occasionally the paladin).

However, I will say that the the two-item set called Mated Fists, which consists of two different barb punching bracer-type weapons, is probably one of the best things a barb can get. If you want to read more about that, check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=16564

As for other items that would be "best" for a barb, I'm not sure. But as far as charms go, I should think the Hratethos charm item would be a good bet. The Crypt Charm of Zhoulom or the Imperial Midyah Orb would be good charms as well. Sure, both of them are very large, but they can hold 5 or 6 gems, and with the right gems in them, you could have some serious pain for enemies.
-Jeff Bouley

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:49 pm

ya... bnetd has been down for quite some time now... some of the posts on their forums are as old as august and i dont think jebs has posted anything since october.. i wonder if something has happened, has anyone heard from them? the last site post was about the temporary sic 2.21b realm and that was back in october... come to think about it, its been at least a month since theyve been up and running... i do think its kinda strange that they didnt at least leave a post or anything of the sort to let the players know what was going on... one player that is usually on the eastern sun realm (impassible) is the last one to even post anything on a regular basis asking what the hellz going on, and ya, hes been counting the days, lol..... anyways, i hope everythings alright ... if you hear anything leave a post if you would jb, or anyone else that has info, thx much

Return to “Arcanum Archives”