"Protecting" set/unique items when socketing

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

TheOneDM

"Protecting" set/unique items when socketing

Post by TheOneDM » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:55 am

I'm running through the game as a druid (I'm in A2 Normal) and I found a nice little beatstick (Beufort's Stick (?), from Champion of the Downtrodden set) to go with my shield. So I decided to socket it. I threw it in the ol' Cube with a Mechanist's Wierd, and..... *bang* Out comes a superior Spiked Club with two sockets. Needless to say, I'm rather disappointed with the result. However, it was a fault completely of my own, as I was just perusing the readme and found something about "using the right recipes to preserve the powers of the item when socketing in the Cube".

I'm wondering.... What are the recipes that allow socketing of items with magic/rare/set/unique powers?

~Chris

P.S. For those who were curious as to what I did to procure another weapon, I grabbled the spare Diggler :P in my stash and have been searching every boss and sparkly chest in Act One to find another Beufort's Stick. I'm sorta attached to the Stick's powers. :) Wish me luck.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: "Protecting" set/unique items when socketing

Post by jbouley » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:00 pm

I don't recall for certain, but I'm willing to bet the answer is in the sticky thread on cube recipe spoiler, the link to which is below:

viewtopic.php?t=4647
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Return to “Arcanum Archives”