Problems installing

Information and updates for mods and plugins created by Talonrage. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: talonrage

SimplySublime

Problems installing

Post by SimplySublime » Wed May 09, 2007 1:25 pm

My friend and I are trying to LAN some RoS, but for some reason we are unable to install it on his computer.

After it didn't work the first time, we erased all his Diablo and started over. Made a clean install, redownloaded the files from your site, everything. When we run 'Mods' the first time, it does all its stuff, but two weird things happen when he tries to play it. For one, the VBScript file 'LaunchModGame' does not work... his computer gives an error something like: "Windows Script Host could not find the script engine for VBScript LaunchModGame'. But, we can just click Game.exe and Diablo will open. Now, though the game admits to being RoS down in the lower left corner, it still has the original D2LoD screen. Then, when we click single player and then create new char, the game crashes when it goes to the loading screen with diablo in front of the opening door.

Installing the 6.08 patch does not fix anything, all that happens is that the lower left on the first screen now says 6.08, but he still cannot play, and the VBScript file will still not run.

You clearly know more about this mod than I do, so I hope you can help us!

Thanks

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Re: Problems installing

Post by Al-T » Mon May 28, 2007 8:45 am

[quote=SimplySublime";p="323302"]....For one, the VBScript file 'LaunchModGame' does not work... his computer gives an error something like: "Windows Script Host could not find the script engine for VBScript LaunchModGame'. [/quote]

It isn't anything to do with the mod. Your friend needs to install Windows Scripting Host to get the VBScript to run. If running XP or 2000 then try this link .
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Return to “Talonrage's Requiem of Sorrow”