Requiem of Sorrow 6.04+ Bugs & Feedback Thread

Information and updates for mods and plugins created by Talonrage. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: talonrage

No votes

Total votes: 0

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Requiem of Sorrow 6.04+ Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by talonrage » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:38 am

This thread is for posting any errors or problems you may find while playing Requiem of Sorrow v6.04+. Such errors will be looked into promptly and fixes will be released ASAP. If you are playing v6.03 or lower, please DO NOT post any errors as they may have already been addressed.

You can also post any topics concerning Feedback (Both negative and positive) or suggestions.

FuDgEiT

Post by FuDgEiT » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:45 pm

Yo Talonrage!

Nice to see that you finally released 6.04. I'm very happy, but there are still problems that i have noticed that i was posting back in the 6.03 bugs and feedback thread.

1) Assassin's Ninja skill is still bugged. But it isn't that it doesn't give attack speed bonuses, it's because it gives NEGATIVE attack speed bonus! When I enable it, it seems like my assassin is attacking MUCH slower that she would without it enabled! Please, I love my Ass (sorry about the pun) and hope you can fix this!

2) You posted back in 6.03 bugs and feedback that you would increase the paladin's skill "Soul Harvest" to have a longer duration, but that hasn't been implemented. Please implement it.

3) I read before that you played through as an amazon right? If this is that case then you probably didn't notice the bug with teleport that happens in certain areas with the sorc unless you used enigma or something. This is a bug that me and a few fellow mod players posted in the 6.03 bugs and feedback thread. Hope this can also be fixed.

Thanks Talonrage, and once again, your mod kicks ass!

Cheers :D
Zamisli "Diablo Tri" na "Nintendo Wii"... to bi bilo nesto!

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Requiem of Sorrow 6.04+ Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by talonrage » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:23 pm

1) Added to fix list. (Its writen down on my "to do" list)

2) Added to fix list.

3) Refresh my memory. What exactly is the problem with Teleport?

FuDgEiT

Post by FuDgEiT » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:18 pm

M'kay Talonrage...

The problem with teleport is that in certain areas or something, a gfx error is thrown. Here is my original message:
Hey Talonrage,

While I was playing with my sorc I got this error message about 30 times from normal through act 1 hell... and it's annoying. I think it's the chilling armor, something is bugged with the skill because it seems like the same error that I get with those dragon/human things in act 5.

Assertion Failure
Expression : eComponent < NUM_COMPONENTS

Cheers
I said here that it may be due to the dragon/human things, but others said that they got that EXACT same error while teleporting around and I got that error both while teleporting and not teleporting.........hmmmmmmmm

Here is a quote from another one of my posts in bugs to refresh more memory if needed:
Yo Talonrage, remeber when I told you about the gfx error with those act 5 human/dragon things casting their armor? Well, it happened again and here is the exact error I got while I was in Crystalline Passage, Act 5 with my lvl 70 Amazon.

Assertion Failure

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Here is another refresher if needed:
I just read something about some items from another topic that was posted. A fellow member, TKN, wrote this in the thread and I thought that it would be appropriate to copy and paste it into the bugs and feedback thread; it's about the super unique item "Deathstalker's Frenzy" and here is the message:

Quote:
That's right, it's the "Blood Knight" type boss monster in CS, but the hell diff version of the charm is bugged.
It has enhanced damage % based on STR which doesn't work, so you're stuck with a 2x2 charm that adds 10-18 dmg or so, not really worth it.

Like I mentioned in another post, I think you have to put that mod on something that has a damage range for it to work, either that or the bonus damage simply doesn't show up in your stat screen.
But I'm more inclined to think of the former.

There are some more items that have this problem, like Mephisto's Skull set helm.

Thanks TKN for that one...

Edit: Talonrage, how about adding sockets in throwing weapons and adding five or so runewords just for them. There are only a few mods that implement this feature and I think it is a cool feature.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:58 pm

Yo Talonrage, remeber when I told you about the gfx error with those act 5 human/dragon things casting their armor? Well, it happened again and here is the exact error I got while I was in Crystalline Passage, Act 5 with my lvl 70 Amazon.

Assertion Failure
This error has nothing to do with the teleport skill, but because of these reports I did look into the half-dragons and they were missing a gethit animation, which I fixed in patch 6.04.

Also, the Elemental that the sorc could summon for aid had a missing attack1 animation, so I replaced the summoned graphics of the elemental with those of the yeti.

So you shouldnt have any more crashes with either of these instances.
That's right, it's the "Blood Knight" type boss monster in CS, but the hell diff version of the charm is bugged.
It has enhanced damage % based on STR which doesn't work, so you're stuck with a 2x2 charm that adds 10-18 dmg or so, not really worth it.
I completely missed this one. I'll look into it sometime this weekend.

FuDgEiT

Post by FuDgEiT » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:39 pm

Yo Talonrage,

Whilst playing with my Ass (ahem), i noticed that the Dragon Talon skill, takes elemental damage from the current held weapon.......this is weird because it doesn't show on the damage reading, but if my weapon has poison damage, it will deal poison but it will not show in the damage reading for the kick (dragon talon)....also, i'm not using any poison charms just weapon that has poison........

thnx
cheers

FuDgEiT

Post by FuDgEiT » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:31 pm

Edit: I started using a unique military axe that gives a lot of elemental damage and shock aura and even though the elemental damage doesn't show in the kick damage reading, it is being delt because I freeze enemies and i can see fire and lighting damage being delt........again....i have no elemental charms and no other elemental damage in my equipment.

EDIT: SORRY TALONRAGE, I didn't mean to post twice.......that edit was meant for my last post....i just messed up.......it will not happen again.
Last edited by FuDgEiT on Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TribaL

Post by TribaL » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:33 pm

Nice changes so far :)..espeacilly the stronger summons!

some things:

1)Still like to see an option to reroll unique jewels and/or an option to upgrade rares to uniques(jewels).

2)While doing some hell act 1 runs, i found a lot of hell's tourment items.

3)Summoner Nec is a bit annoying, because u have too many units...maybe tone down the units per lvl up, but make them a bit stronger(mages and skeletons)

4)My lvl 45 nec's Merc (act 2 merc) went up to lvl 95 after the update.(not a big deal though ;) )
Last edited by TribaL on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xravenx

Post by xravenx » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:00 pm

yo i can't see the extra skills since the 6.0 version what can i do to correct that?

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:00 am

1)Still like to see an option to reroll unique jewels and/or an option to upgrade rares to uniques(jewels).
Well, I'm not gonna make a formula that rerolls uniques of any sort as I see it as unbalancing. However, I do plan on making a formula that allows you to make the lowest level unique jewel ONLY, simply for all the cubing formulas that require a Unique Jewel.
2)While doing some hell act 1 runs, i found a lot of hell's tourment items.

During my extensive testing, I never encountered this problem. However, I did change all the Hells Torment SuperUnique items to quest items (just like all my other superunique items) so they can only drop when called specifically for by a Superuniuqes TC Class. I'll look into this, but I honestly dont see it as a problem from my end (IE: did you modify any of the txt files yourself?)
4)My lvl 45 nec's Merc (act 2 merc) went up to lvl 95 after the update.
THIS is a problem, as a Merc should never bypass a players actual level. I suggest reinstalling the Mod from scratch.

FuDgEiT

Post by FuDgEiT » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:42 am

Yo Talonrage,

AGAIN, I seem to have gotten this error with those dragon/human things in the throne room on normal with my lvl 49 assassin....

12:34:48.796 -------- FILE: D2Client\Engine\GfxUtil LINE: 1437 --------

Assertion Failure

Cheers

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:11 pm

The emrc thing happened to me to, my level 109 sorc's level 109 merc went to elvel 125 after i installed the update, you may have dont somehting you didnt notice that caused this, and my summon may show as doing 9k damage but compared to my merc who does 9k he sitll does nothing, but at least hes a 100x betetr tnak than the emrc, :)

Delen

Post by Delen » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:29 pm

How do I install the new patch?

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:36 pm

Place the Mods.exe into your root Diablo II Directory (Or wherever you installed Requiem) and click it. It will self-extract to the currect folders.

Delen

Post by Delen » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:46 pm

Bug Report:
I have a set chestpiece (Khalem's Shroud) that gives me a level 5 prayer arua and +1 skills when equiped (among other things). However, when I equip it I can no longer regen mana.

Edit: Another bug is that in hell crystalline passage the game tends to freeze a lot. I've had it freeze about 5-6 times in a row there usually near a tp but not always.
Last edited by Delen on Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FuDgEiT

Post by FuDgEiT » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:50 am

About the freeze thing, it's happened to me about 10 times all over the place.......my computer just stops responding.......it's weird and only happens with 6.04

Delen

Post by Delen » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:24 pm

FuDgEiT";p="283747" wrote:About the freeze thing, it's happened to me about 10 times all over the place.......my computer just stops responding.......it's weird and only happens with 6.04
I can confirm this. I have tried in vain to complete act 5 in hell but I cannot get through it without a freeze happening (i.e. every single attempt). Also, this only started with patch 6.04.

TKN
Paladin

Post by TKN » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:32 pm

Delen";p="283820" wrote:
FuDgEiT";p="283747" wrote:About the freeze thing, it's happened to me about 10 times all over the place.......my computer just stops responding.......it's weird and only happens with 6.04
I can confirm this. I have tried in vain to complete act 5 in hell but I cannot get through it without a freeze happening (i.e. every single attempt). Also, this only started with patch 6.04.
Sounds like the problem I used to have.
What I experienced was that my whole PC would lock up sometimes, right after I enter a TP or go up or down some stairs.

The character I was playing was an Assassin, and I found that the cause of this problem was actually the Shadow Master, my workaround was to unsummon her before switching from one area to another and this pretty much fixed my problem.

I still got random freezes once in awhile though, and only on that assassin.
Are you people who get the freezes playing an assassin too? :0

Also, nice to see that this mod is still going on!
I'm not playing it at the moment but I think I'll pick it up again once the hells torment unique items are enabled and the place is rebalanced. :)

Delen

Post by Delen » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:24 pm

Yes, I play an assasin as well, but I had pretty much zero freezes in 6.03. Now I can hardly play for 20 minutes without a freeze. Sometimes it happens from something as simple as opening inventory or defeating an enemy. I used to think it was just when I TPed but it seems to come from everything now.

FuDgEiT

Post by FuDgEiT » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:15 am

LOL, I play an assassin too............hmmmmmmmmmm, this problem sucks ass. I hope Talonrage can fix this.........it seems the assassin is the buggiest character in this mod.........oh well, you gotta love Asses.....AHEM

Cheers

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:49 pm

I'll check into the Assassin and play her for awhile to see if I can track down these problems (as of yet I have not played her in any depth).

Delen

Post by Delen » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:04 am

TKN";p="283829" wrote:Sounds like the problem I used to have.
What I experienced was that my whole PC would lock up sometimes, right after I enter a TP or go up or down some stairs.

The character I was playing was an Assassin, and I found that the cause of this problem was actually the Shadow Master, my workaround was to unsummon her before switching from one area to another and this pretty much fixed my problem.

I still got random freezes once in awhile though, and only on that assassin.
Are you people who get the freezes playing an assassin too? :0

Also, nice to see that this mod is still going on!
I'm not playing it at the moment but I think I'll pick it up again once the hells torment unique items are enabled and the place is rebalanced. :)
Tried unsummoning and it worked for a while. But I have killed Baal in Hell 3 times now and every single time the game has crashed.

belael

Post by belael » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:43 am

Are some of the elite uniques disabled? Found a spiderweb sash and some scarabshell boots with orange name but with no stats. Just curious if it was just me or if it was something you forgot or done intentionly for now. Found items in Act 1 Hell.

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:34 am

Again, my starting screen shows version 6.02. Did you forget to change the plugy thing or did I do something wrong with the installation?

Edit: My bad. I installed the patch into the wrong folder :D.
Last edited by Phlebiac on Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Kalkano

Post by Kalkano » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:23 pm

belael";p="283994" wrote:Are some of the elite uniques disabled? Found a spiderweb sash and some scarabshell boots with orange name but with no stats. Just curious if it was just me or if it was something you forgot or done intentionly for now. Found items in Act 1 Hell.
Same question here, and I've been waiting a while to post. I found an ogre maul and scarabshell boots, orange like a unique but no stats. The scarbshells droped from Hell Duriel, the maul somewhere in act 1.
EDIT: Also, just now I've found a spiderwebsash and an eldritch orb, same deal. This appears to be a widespread phenomenon now.

Also, I have a pair or rare boots (carried over from 6.03) that are supposed to give me lightning asorb. For some reason, my character screen doesn't show their effect. To check it I put on a chest armors (a set and unique) with various absorbs; they did show the effect. Is this something possibly disabled with rare items?

:?: There was something else, but it escapes me atm. It'll come back to me...
Last edited by Kalkano on Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pie Iesu Domine, dona eis requiem. Dona eis requiem sempiternam.

Return to “Talonrage's Requiem of Sorrow”