LC1 speedrun - 1.56

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

Moja
Paladin

LC1 speedrun - 1.56

Post by Moja » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:00 am

For those that complain that the LC1 (1.56) takes too long, and is too hard, and stuff, I did a speedrun to see how long it took.

Time: 13 mins, 27 seconds -> Killing all 3 priestesses and cubing the charms; does not mean full clear, since that's not the quest.

Did it with a druid. Basically I played fast and loose with charm on the minions, killed the bosses with blindside. I did die 3 times: twice against bosses (which can no longer be stunned; fair enough) and once when I got too cocky against a pack of zons. I recommend *running* (not walking) since you can dodge guided chain if you keep moving.

I did use the 1.54 dreamcatcher (tier 2), and the charms (already upgraded) while doing it, so undoubtedly those measures sped up the process. Even so, that's proof that the level isn't the grueling grind that people complain about, at least not for this class (earning those charms in the first place took 30-45 mins in Tran, and I didn't know my way around so I went the long way).

Anyways, I don't really hope to convince Laz to not change it (though I would say level 30,35,40, instead of 60,70,80). He's already gotten too much QQ for it, and the level is drastically worse for most any other class... Just wanted to prove a point :)

Hurry and snag your charms before 1.57 ;) <sigh>

k'

Re: LC1 speedrun - 1.56

Post by k' » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:14 am

It's not cuz you did it with druid it means it's not hard, it depends on character so did this lvc1 with all characters come back and we'll talk.I don't see the use of the " im so gud" topic.

Biazu

Post by Biazu » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:38 am

Try do it again with a untwinked char instead, and see if it goes just as fast and "easy" ^_^

aerial
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by aerial » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:30 am

If you want speedrun use sorc. Now its possible to survive there even with sfaff. Sorc can kill ALL zons in few mins, if you use conquest oskill to run faster (if it still works that way). 5M life princess, is not a problem due to flamestrike buff, wich makes this spell strongest single target pwner in the game (up to 2M dmg per second).
Assassin could run through level fastest (fast blinks and shadow refugee) but she cant kill that fast.

Actually thats weird but two hardest areas became lot easier after 'bug' fixes (guided chain - tran, harpylisk discs - fauztinville). I knew that it 'solve' tran problem, but didnt expect harpy disc's were so important in fauztinville. That was a main factor of difficulty.
And on top of it generally builds get buffed, no big nerfs (if they are - stampade, lots of whining follows, and barb gain eagle dive wich allows him to kill ALL mobs with snake stance/stampede, so he can no bother about switching stances).
Imo this game is getting bit too easy. Im not saying everything should be super hard to complete, but not even thise few ultrahard areas are easy. I know it happend because they suppose to be doable by other builds (new ones), but because old imba builds are not nerfed - they can rule those areas even more.
::::: my median videos :::::

k'

Post by k' » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:41 am

Try hardcore play?

aerial
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by aerial » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:18 pm

I didnt say im invulnerable.
Hardcore game is completely different strategy, different builds ect. You can still die, but if not, you can kill mobs lot faster now.
::::: my median videos :::::

jedimaster86
Champion of the Light

Post by jedimaster86 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:04 pm

The part for me was never the level itself - it was preparation for the level. Back then I was part of the group that would gamble, and gamble, and gamble...etc. However, now that gambling was fixed, and with the improved drop rates it should actually be better, even if that takes constant runs through Cathedral/Catacombs in a chest frenzy.

Moja
Paladin

Post by Moja » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:38 pm

aerial, I'm talking about the lvl 10 challenge :)

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:22 am

aerial";p="370267" wrote:Imo this game is getting bit too easy. Im not saying everything should be super hard to complete, but not even thise few ultrahard areas are easy. I know it happend because they suppose to be doable by other builds (new ones), but because old imba builds are not nerfed - they can rule those areas even more.
Every thread is about 'Laz buff this, improve that, build X doesn't have 1000% ED anymore, build Y is worthless because it requires corpses and it takes 5 seconds to spawn them, build Z is garbage because you need to switch skills, oh and please increase unique drop rate and add improved crafting recipes for jewelry because there is no reason why you can't craft them so fix this Laz, and sorcs are completely broken because they can't one-hit Fauztinville'.

Expect certain changes in the 1.57 RC.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

rickcarson
Paladin

Post by rickcarson » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:54 pm

Brother Laz";p="370379" wrote:...build Y is worthless because it requires corpses and it takes 5 seconds to spawn them...
Well, I don't know what planet you're on, but when I downloaded median I found that Demon Seed takes a lot longer than 5 seconds to spawn. Even with a hojillion points in Demon Seed I don't think it would spawn in 5 seconds.

Darn. Looks like I got the wrong file. Again. *sigh*

NB: please don't 'fix' necros on my account. I had an insight the other day that even though they're my favourite class in cLod, the bits that I like about them in cLod just aren't there in Median. And that some of the classes that I loathe and despise in cLod (like the Barb) I actually enjoy playing in Median.

PS if you were going to 'fix' necros, doing something interesting with the shrunken heads would be a good start. :D You've done some really creative things with Median and I'm really impressed. I for one would find it interesting to see what weird and wacky thing you could come up with for the fetishes.

Return to “Mods By Laz”