opinion of the three brothers?

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

odin9001

opinion of the three brothers?

Post by odin9001 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:42 pm

I love this mod a lot. I've only made 1 real character and working on a 2nd sorc who I have to say I think I might like more than my throw barb. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else thinks its good that the brothers run away from you when they reach about half health? I can't stand it. Mephisto runs over the moat or pools of blood so I can kill him, but I get nothing that he would of dropped and Diablo I love his whole thing of summoning minions, but when he's half health he walks away and cast that stupid little purple thing 30x over. It may not hurt much, but get 10 of those right behind you while hitting him they take their toll on you. Baal didn't run as much as the other 2, but trying to find him when he did tele away was a pain.

So I was wondering what do you all think of that or do I just have really odd and bad luck and for everyone else they stand and fight?

PopizzdioJazz
Champion of the Light

Post by PopizzdioJazz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:53 pm

the thing that's bothering you is not that they run aways, but that you don't kill them before they do so.

as for mephisto, kite him closer to you and kill those priests and then kill the bugger himself if you can't do them all at the same time.

as for diablo, before he spawns, summon some traps for him and his guys and they'll take care of him.

anyways, this never happened to me. that's just to say that you CAN do it wit every character, that is kill them fast. just boost your dmg and make them suffer ;)
i think, there for i don't know for sure...

gbr_oNi

Post by gbr_oNi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:59 pm

Is this a 1.57 implementation or something? None of the brothers have ever started running away from me, at any point in the fight. It could be that i kill them too quickly, but it has taken me up to 40-60 seconds to kill baal before, throughout which he never teled away or ran :P
Last edited by gbr_oNi on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neado

Re: opinion of the three brothers?

Post by Neado » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:29 pm

This happened to me and a few of my friends when we first encountered mephisto, we tried to kill all his cronies before attacking him and he kept spawning more and it became to much to handle so then we just attacked him and he began to run around. After that we decided to just ignore or aoe the cronies and he hasn't run since so it must be on a timer.

Just beat his ass and it won't happen.

Skeleon
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Skeleon » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:37 pm

Yeah, Mephisto is really bothering me with my weaker chars, too. Especially untwinked /players 8. Diablo only ran away from me once and Baal never did.

I think Mephisto should be changed by either making him unable to fly over those blood pools or giving him a slower "walking" speed or not making him flee from you at all. One of these should be sufficient.

jedimaster86
Champion of the Light

Post by jedimaster86 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:31 pm

The only "Brotherly Evil" of those I occassionally have a grudge with is Mephisto, because of his chickenness. Diablo I can usually take with some kind of trap, and I never had problems with Baal running away.

If you have summons that can kind of surround Meph (doesn't even need to be completely surround I think), like I've seen my barb's spirits on him, and he doesn't run away - instead he sits there and melee's the summons.

I'm sure many people have problems with Mephisto because he can run away and be in a position where even in you kill him, he doesn't drop anything (either if he is on an unwalkable area like in the pool, or against a wall in a way where it seems he is past the map area where loot can drop.

If you wanted to change Meph around and either make him slower or something, perhaps you can compensate by increasing his summoning of groups, like Meph's own version of FCR.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:57 pm

Meph won't stay above the pool. He'll usually fly right across and proceed to summon more stuff before you get back to him.

The wall thing really isn't my fault.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Moja
Paladin

Post by Moja » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:15 pm

Meph is the most annoying since he runs over the pools, which you have to go around, chasing him in a game of musical chairs til you can corner him. He pretty much always flees from me unless I kill him very quickly

Diablo is minorly annoying (fleeing) sometimes but I usually don't have problems with him. He's also easier to corner.

Baal never flees from me, even when it takes forever to kill him...

odin9001

Post by odin9001 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:01 am

Brother Laz";p="370049" wrote:Meph won't stay above the pool. He'll usually fly right across and proceed to summon more stuff before you get back to him.

The wall thing really isn't my fault.
Laz I know it's your mod, but you're forgetting one thing. In the back room there is a moat that he will sit in the middle of if you're butchering his minions. I only encountered this problem with my sorc. She killed everything so fast that all he had time to do was run away and I only play /players 8 so he didn't take as fatal damage as say the priest did. He went a top several pools and i had to basically stand there and wait for him to be scared off out into the open and then he would run into anther pool and just sit there again. He doesn't stand and fight if you're too strong, but just weak enough that you don't rapid kill him before he moves. He doesn't stay at the blood moat in the front, but the ones on the side and the back are where he likes to hide. My thrower barb didn't have this issue, but that was partly because I used so much mana trying to kill him that he had an endless horde of minions hounding me trying to kill me so he followed them and every hit on them also hit him in the end.

As for Diablo and killing him fast... how do you kill him fast with low end equipment on /players 8? I don't spend my time gambling till at least my 4th real character. Until that day I just play the game. I did lay traps with my barb, but did only a little chunk of damage. The rest of the 1/2 of his health was spent walking over the traps until he just ran. He almost ran out of the sanctuary after he got to 1/4 hp remaining. Only thing that stopped him was he ran into a corner and that i was able to keep my summons on him long enough for each one that he didn't move again..

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:59 am

odin9001";p="370220" wrote:She killed everything so fast that all he had time to do was run away and I only play /players 8
odin9001";p="370220" wrote:As for Diablo and killing him fast... how do you kill him fast with low end equipment on /players 8?
That's why. If you don't kill them fast, they keep running away. And if you have bad items on /players 8, you won't kill them fast.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Return to “Mods By Laz”