Deathstrike is very frustrating!

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

pacmania90

Deathstrike is very frustrating!

Post by pacmania90 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:17 pm

Don't have much to say, so I'll get to the point.

WHY CAN'T LAZ MAP DEATHSTRIKE TO THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON!

Sorry for shouting.

Skivverus
Champion of the Light

Post by Skivverus » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:15 pm

He can, but so long as Deathstrike is actually on the left mouse button your character is unable to open doors. And maybe unable to do a few other things which I've forgotten. Hence, to forestall complaints about that, Laz has opted to keep Deathstrike a rightclick-only skill.

PopizzdioJazz
Champion of the Light

Post by PopizzdioJazz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:56 pm

LMB stances would do wonders too... ;)

as for doors, i think it's easier to change something on LMB in order to open a door than being unable to set your commands the way you like them. but hey. you can't drive your car with joystick, can you?
i think, there for i don't know for sure...

Skeleon
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Deathstrike is very frustrating!

Post by Skeleon » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:33 pm

Yeah, pretty much the same thing I complained about with Ancient Strike, until he changed it. Dunno if I can't open doors anymore, actually. There are very few in the game.
First act dungeons.
Second act tombs.
Third act... none?
Fourth act... none?
Fifth act... none?
I may be wrong about the last three, dunno. :lol:
I vote for a lot more LMB skills. ^^
On the other hand, Nova Charge, though a buff now, is still a LMB skill. :D

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:53 pm

Any skill can open doors except point and click skills with no special startfunc. (Of which there are more than you'd think: Bloodstorm, Rain of Bombs, Guard Tower, Plague/Winter Avatar, Deathstrike, Meteor Shower, Flamestrike, Vortex)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:44 am

Brother Laz";p="370047" wrote:Any skill can open doors except point and click skills with no special startfunc. (Of which there are more than you'd think: Bloodstorm, Rain of Bombs, Guard Tower, Plague/Winter Avatar, Deathstrike, Meteor Shower, Flamestrike, Vortex)
That sucks.

I still say Guard Tower should be a LMB skill and my reasoning is presented in the 1.57 thread.
Last edited by Logger_120 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:52 am

lrn2usehotkeys.

that's what they said when i complained once about having to change skills too often. and the ones who said that were very right.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:08 am

pza";p="370076" wrote:lrn2usehotkeys.

that's what they said when i complained once about having to change skills too often. and the ones who said that were very right.

ONE SECOND SKILL TIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a huge fan of hotkeysbut I do know how to use them effectively. I hated it at first on my unholy pally but I got used to it. The key difference is that I only needed to hotkey every 5 to 10 seconds. 1 second is a big big difference than 5-10. Try to imagine it like playing a LoD Paladin with Zeal but Zeal is only a LMB skill. If that was the case nobody would have used Zeal. Hence nobody uses Guard Tower. It's not just difficult IT IS UNPLAYABLE!

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:22 am

I do not know what's with you guys and your vendetta against fast hotkey switching. Considering I often can beat up monsters with using only the mouse. I can quickly rotate my right click skill with the mouse wheel. I can then also use my left hand to quickly change left click skill via hitting my F# hotkeys.

rickcarson
Paladin

Post by rickcarson » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:28 am

The problem isn't that we're all newbs who don't know how to assign hotkeys.

But thanks for insulting us this way.

The problem is that Laz has decided to (as much as possible) eliminate single tree necros. He wants us all to use hybrids. (And to a certain extent I found he's right, even a single point in Shadows makes a huge difference at low levels where Demon Seed still sucks, getting to the end of Act 2 without that point in Shadows is too much like hard work, with it it isn't too bad)

... and the problem with that is that you then end up having to rapidly switch between about 18 different skills.

Adding 'just one more' hotkey may not sound like a big deal. But it isn't the straw that is breaking the camels back, it is that the back of the camel is already broken.

------

E.g. Fortress vs Guard Tower. I think that with a Guard Tower timer down around 1 sec and duration of what 20 secs?, that Guard Tower is technically the more powerful of these two skills (by a large margin).

However, not having the most uberest gearzorz in existence, I find that I actually would like my stance to be on. Having to switch to GT every second to recast would mean that my stance was only on for about half the time at best. Fortress on the other hand... no aiming, can keep stance active... great... we have a winner.

--------

I think the Void Archon has a whopping great timer as well, it would be nice if he dropped a corpse when he died.

Other ideas: a portable corpse shrine? Problem is it's only real useful at low levels, but you know that to 'balance' it, Laz would give it a massive cost (and a 2 hour timer). NB: I think the book of summoning to a certain extent functions like this, allowing you to summon a single critter, which your minions can easily kill. Of course, it has a massive timer so we're back to square one...

I think it's funny how much Laz hates the non-hybrid necro. The Dark King build must really give him the {filtered}. :D Lol.

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:43 pm

rickcarson";p="370119" wrote: ------

E.g. Fortress vs Guard Tower. I think that with a Guard Tower timer down around 1 sec and duration of what 20 secs?, that Guard Tower is technically the more powerful of these two skills (by a large margin).

However, not having the most uberest gearzorz in existence, I find that I actually would like my stance to be on. Having to switch to GT every second to recast would mean that my stance was only on for about half the time at best. Fortress on the other hand... no aiming, can keep stance active... great... we have a winner.

--------

Exactly. GT = lower dmg + pain in the ass to use = loser. Hence why everyone thinks it needs to be replaced when it doesnt. It could actually help to support Fortress if you are trying to make a Fortbarb. Or it could be use alone as support for other barb builds.
Last edited by Logger_120 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rickcarson
Paladin

Post by rickcarson » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:51 pm

It seems to me that it would be a rather clumsy addition to a FortBarb, given that both skills are timered.

It seems like GT is basically incompatible with other timered skills and stances.

Hmmm..... bit of a problem there.... not sure that it is fixable though. What are you going to throw out to fix it? Stances? Probably not. Timers? Hmmm.... senses the screams of imba already.

Blizzard 'solved' these problems with Ass Traps and Hydra by giving them a maximum number cap and making them slow shooting, which is also a bit unsatisfying.

With something like Snake Stance though, you could say that you only need to flash the stance every now and again, because the poison lasts 5.1 seconds, you could flash it, then cast four GT, then flash the aura^H^H^H^H stance again, then cast four more GT. That'd be alright. And, as a side benefit, your Fortress would have a huge sight radius.

The downside of course is that Laz will then mock you for being one of the SS sheeple. :roll:

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:54 pm

who would use fortress if guard tower was superior? and it weld BE superior if it was lmb.

although i suggest then to make the tower spawn on char's location when casted. it would nerf guard tower a bit, but at least those LMB whiners would get satisfied.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:21 pm

rickcarson";p="370152" wrote:It seems to me that it would be a rather clumsy addition to a FortBarb, given that both skills are timered.

It seems like GT is basically incompatible with other timered skills and stances.

They wouldn't really be used together. GT would be used in open areas where Fortress is weaker b/c of the tower spread and random attacking and Fortress would be used in indoor areas where you can stack towers for maximum effect like intended.

pza";p="370155" wrote: who would use fortress if guard tower was superior? and it weld BE superior if it was lmb.
In some situations.

Return to “Mods By Laz”