Where to start sacred hunting?

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

Evilbookworm

Where to start sacred hunting?

Post by Evilbookworm » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:42 am

Hello again. I know you must tire of me by now, but I have to beg your indulgence once more. My sorceress, as last I spoke was below level 60, but she has grown to 113, and defeated baal on destruction difficulty. I failed level challenge 2 (fauntizville was beyond me at level 100, for similar reasons that I come to you now) but I have the ability to attribute craft, though i am one (1) point from att. challenge 2 (the 1000 point one, to my chagrin). But this is not why I speak to you today. I have gotten to the point where I feel I should be attempting to get some of the sacred items that look so nice and pretty upon the set pages and uniques. indeed, such was my main reason for playing a sorceress, that her elemental skills would aid me in the acquiring of these items. Alas, I have encountered difficulty.

Kurast 3000 is simply beyond me, a pity as this seems to be the place to go for sets. indeed, my poor character finds herself dead within one strike or two arrows, and despite my 20,000 defense rating, such attacks seem to seek me out with uncanny precision. This keeps me from destroying the shield generators, much less any of the necromancers that plague me. I am stuck with the dregs of the summons that hunt me down, my skills (cataclysm/frozen soul) availing me little against htier immunities, for cataclsym is suicide a the distance I must get for the spell to be effective, and therefore any ranged cold immunes kill me with little trouble.

"Very well" I said, and I turned to the island of the sunless sea, for this has not the immunity shields, and despite being "harder" if i can find foes that my spells can harm I will be in a better condition. This was proven true, as I began to go through the level and destroy the creatures there. Indeed, after many deaths and returns, I managed to get the price of the six angel bag, to my delight. Lucian, of course is far out of my reach, the one time I encounterd him he had an ice immunity, and the nature of the sunless sea makes corpse gathering an impossible proposition.

My difficulty is this: despite my ability to attack the level, I am restricted to /players 3 at best, and this seems inadequate for hunting the items that will allow me to continue my quest for power and defeating the more reclusive and dangerous of Diablo's minions. I realize that creation of another, less fragile character would probably be wisest now, but I am loath to give up Neverniana (my sorceress) without some of the green and gold items I created her to hunt. Even after putting each item through the chaos reroll recipe, I have yet to find more than one set item (an assasin splint mail) at all, though the reroll recipe worries me, as all items seem to be capped at level 99, even before putting them in the 'cube.

Therefore, my question for you is thus: where should I begin sacred hunting? I can do the sunless sea on a low players level, mostly headed for the sparkly chest, but this doesn't seem like an effective proposition until my computer breaks down from age, and kurast is out of my reach at the moment. How should I begin hunting for these sacred items then?

EDIT: I also can do the dreaded cow level, but only at /players 1-2 (if I'm lucky) and this seems even less effective than the sunless sea.

my character is level 113, with several hundred stat poitns (soon many of these will go into vitality, to attempt to save her from sudden death) and is equipped with tier 6 unique items, namly the unique lamelliar armor, sash, jared's stone, and helm, all with jewelcraft (mostly resistance craft.) I have the ability to class craft with the 600 att. points, and am considering using this to bolster my items until the sacreds can be gained. I am using a shield with low def (but +2 to skills) and runeword gloves also based around skills.

I have access to some of the higher runes, a fortuitous drop giving me one that nears Xar in power, and via painstaking saving of all emeralds and crafting pointed-items, I have over 1400 in craft points.

I thank you for your time and patience.
Last edited by Evilbookworm on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Where to start sacred hunting?

Post by xMeox » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:19 pm

The place with the best sacred unique drop chances is Tran Athulua with /players5.
but with your sorc it will be realy difficult to do that. instead i would farm khalimgrad. but also it will be quite hard for a sorc (sorc is one of the best, if not THE best, character to farm.. if you have perfect equipt...

i farm every level (except Azmudan, therfore i use the DoZaZoN) with my mEa.. maby the King Kobra Barb is bether, but i dont like the playstyle of him, and he got nerved in 1.57 (farmed Tran Athulua as fast as with mEa, but with mEa you havnt to watch your life.. if you play save (=slower) you could make the lvl without get hit once...)

if you want to farm with a sorc, there are two oppinions:
1., you push your defense and life and use "mele-range"-spells (i havnt tried it but i think lighningwall is very strong in 1.57). catalysm is very nice against near monsters (multiple hits)
2., you use huge AoE-Spells (Apocalypse, coldblood) the problem with this spells is, that you need some distance between you and your enemies.
you can mix those options offcourse

i havnt played a sorc for a long time, so i cant tell you details, but i know that a option2 sorc with ice elementals is very powerfull (iceelementals got much stronger in 1.56)

i hope that something of this stuff helped you and if you have some other questions, dont hesitate to ask

pacmania90

Post by pacmania90 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:15 pm

You can do Kurast 3kba for sets. Just kill all the skellies where you first come in and keep triggering summons from the closest totem. It's a bit slow, but much, much safer, and garuntees set drops.

Another way to help your char is to level to 120, or at least 114, for the next skill breakpoint. Run Baal or DP for a while. Remember, potions of greater XP are your friend here!

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:53 pm

first of all, farming with an untwinked sorceress is the biggest mistake anyone could possibly make.

do it with another character.

sacred uniques are in tran athulua.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:01 pm

Tran is one of the harder areas though. Any of the level 121 areas will do for sacred uniques. It's just the items that drop in Tran have a higher chance of being unique. Besides... Tran is a ranged nightmare that would be extra bad for your sorc (read much worse than Kurast)

Evilbookworm

Post by Evilbookworm » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:30 am

Thanks everyone. I think I"m going to work with my holy paladin for a while, since that seems to be the consensus to get some items before I can farm with my sorc. I'll be able to use some of the gear I've found now, it'll be fun to slaughter these things with my uber-pally... :lol:

PopizzdioJazz
Champion of the Light

Post by PopizzdioJazz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:12 am

for tran authulua, use throwersin and equip something with HCMTF.
then spam some knives until you get something killed.
after than you spam gates of hades until everything is killed.

clean the level several times and MAYBE you'll be so lucky to find some sacred uniques.
i think, there for i don't know for sure...

Return to “Mods By Laz”