Question about my paladin.

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

Kingpolo

Question about my paladin.

Post by Kingpolo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:27 am

Okay so I have a level 114 Vessel Pala. I kill in terror, testing out the uberquest places and stuff.
I have 10k hp, and I can kill the monsters very easily. Only thing is, they kill me fast. I don't know why though... and can't seem to figure it out.

In Rocky Waste, that Stone Tomb place, they kill me easily yet I can kill them if I get them first easily.

So yeah, I'm confused. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Kingpolo

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:37 am

on list to get -
shadowform charm
adrenaline pots
abuse of holy armor
better gear, meaning no rares, crafted. only runewords and uniques.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Re: Question about my paladin.

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:05 am

I wouldn't quite take oneillz advice barbatum myself. 10k life isn't horrible but it isn't awesome either. Crafts of the beta are currently an unknown so there might actually be something that's awesome among them. Things that could be killing you though are lack of: defense rating, physical damage reduction%, resists, and chance to block. Since physical damage is usually the main killer in levels the odds are your defense rating, physical damage reduction % and block chance may be getting you nailed.

Lionheart and Arcane Strike (many hard points for the latter though) can boost your defense rating sky high. Lionheart also has a meaty blocking bonus. Shadowform grants both %physical damage reduction and resist all. Although it requires a lot of hard points blessed life can provide some hefty % DR as well.

Unique armor is a good idea though because it gives a lot of base defense for lionheart and arcane strike to boost. As for runewords it really depends on if the runeword has a substancial enhanced defense bonus or not. Atlantis for example has a huge defense bonus (but it's not a cheap runeword however).

lanfeara

Post by lanfeara » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:03 am

This might be obvious but you should be walking...Running will reduce what defense you have to 0.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:11 am

Actually running does worse than simply set your defense to 0 actually. It gives a monster a smite's chance of hitting which is an automatic 95% (and you'll only have 1/3 your normal chance to block that hit if you didn't run out of the way to avoid the hit manually).

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:23 am

[quote=Kingpolo";p="369585"]In Rocky Waste, that Stone Tomb place, they kill me easily yet I can kill them if I get them first easily.[/quote]
I don't think you didn't know where you're in, but here goes a reminder: that IS a chameleon level, all monsters there is quite tough!

Which alignment you're on? Holy or Unholy?

Also, abusing Divine Appriation(did I spelled it right? I'm not sure) makes about a half of monsters frozen on Terror difiiculty.

Don't forget to get Shadowform even you're in Holy! (via charm, or you can use Oblivion runeword for 10 charges of lvl 15 Shadowform which lasts for about a half of hour) Also some Tir runes would help your damage.
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:46 pm

[quote=oneillz808";p="369586"]on list to get -
no rares[/quote]
.. i think there are som rars which realy rocks (some oSkill rars, amus, rings, for some chars [dont know if there are some for paly too] like thrwosin weapons...

no crafted[/quote]
ever saw a barbarian 600AC crafted belt?

Kingpolo

Post by Kingpolo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:47 pm

Wow many responses.
Thank you!

My pally is Unholy. I know the monsters there are tough, but you would think a level 114 Pally could kill some in Terror.

It has to be the running.. and my defense is pretty low.. only 7k.
Last edited by Kingpolo on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:45 am

only 7k? wow... that's terribly low for destruction uberquests. Problem with fauztenville though is that it ignores defense so your low defense rating isn't killing you so much there. The running though will be turning your max block into only 25% blocking... that will get you murdered in fauztenville though because blocking is your main defense there.

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:59 am

What other skills do you use? Mind Flay + Slayer or Lemures + Blood Thorns??? What is you current gear?

General advice;

If you can handle it try running Azmodan and look for a charm with +Blessed Life or Lionheart these will be a great help in keeping you alive.

I will give more advice once you answer the two big questions at the top.

PS; Don't listen what oneillzz808 says. His advice is almost always crap.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:07 am

[quote=Logger_120";p="369763"]
[/quote]
at least he wasnt animate him to cheat :roll:

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:48 pm

[quote=Logger_120";p="369763"]What other skills do you use? Mind Flay + Slayer or Lemures + Blood Thorns??? What is you current gear?

General advice;

If you can handle it try running Azmodan and look for a charm with +Blessed Life or Lionheart these will be a great help in keeping you alive.

I will give more advice once you answer the two big questions at the top.

PS; Don't listen what oneillzz808 says. His advice is almost always crap.[/quote]

im sure that better gear, shadowform, and adrenaline pots to abuse timered skills is crappy advice, loggy.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:54 pm

adrenalin potions are imba..
you can do (i did it it IS possible!) KoS with a necro NAKED. only equipted a xbow for jhuris khan..
but i doubt that he has got enough gems to make that much adrenalin potions.. :)
they can be very helpfull, but dont play with them every time... a character should be good enough to kill everything in normal without them..

bether equipt: you need to know what skills he uses... otherwise you cant give detailed help...

shadowform offcourse is a help, in every situation...
Last edited by xMeox on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:57 pm

adrenaline potions isnt imbalanced. its there if you have the tools to make it; crafting gear.

second of all; i was the first to reply and he didnt give any information other than that he was a vessel paladin in a chameleon level.

third of all, youre right. shadowform is in fact a help in every situation.

logger seems to think its complete crap.
Last edited by oneillz808 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:08 pm

shadowform charm
adrenaline pots
abuse of holy armor
better gear, meaning no rares, crafted. only runewords and uniques.[/quote]
[quote=Logger_120";p="369763"]
[/quote]
dont take it personlal but 1 of 4 advices is right.. 1maby (holy amor, if he uses other spelltimered skills it isnt usefull)
adrenalin pots: if you have the tools... -.- again
rars: look in one of my older posts

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:12 pm

i dont take it personal, after all, its bash oneillz month.

and i did look in your older post. yes, rares can be WAY BETTER. but what are the chances of finding that exact rare that you need. its slim to none.

its better to just rely on uniques and runewords and kill stuff to maybe have fortune come your way and THEN find your rare.

but if the rare drops, and its the one you need, then by all means, use it.

and no i didnt see a barbarian crafted belt. mind telling me what it is, because i dont use crafted gear.

his first post said that he was a vessel paladin and he didnt make a mention of using shadowform.

so i assumed he was a holy paladin and i recommended that he get a charm with shadowform.

he also said that he gets killed very easily, and with an unholy paladin, its very easy if you dont know how to play him. use black sleep and play slowly.
Last edited by oneillz808 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:22 pm

first of all, i noticed that you tend to not tell people how or with what programs to cheat in the last days.
but the month can easiely become a year if you go on telling them..

and rar amulets and rings --> gambling ;)

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:24 pm

obviously people here on the forum are very GOOD people;
meaning they dont cheat at all, theyre so righteous in every way, that whatever oneillz says, is irrelevant.

actually, gambling is for rares now, since i heard that uniques are ungammable.

god, im such a bad person. please, everyone;

throw an insult at me or two, and then put me on your ignore list, because god KNOWS you havent used that function of the forum yet.
Last edited by oneillz808 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:12 pm

[quote=oneillz808";p="369803"]im sure that better gear, shadowform, and adrenaline pots to abuse timered skills is crappy advice, loggy.
[/quote]

3 out 4 is crappy. Notice I said almost always.

He is an Unholy paladin so he has Shadowform. Adrenaline pots are not a pratical itme to use during normal gameplay only specific ubers. Abuse of Holy Armor is not necessary. So the only useful thing you said wasupgrade your gear but you also said that he need to use specific items. The thing is rares and crafts are the best paladin weapons; try to find something better than a 6os, +4 pally, +40-45% spell dmg crafted scepter (and that's not even the best mods you cna get more spell or phyical/magic spell dmg also). Same goes for belts rares and Barb crafts are the best belts for almost all paladins b/c then can get +skills.

The problem is the way that you give the advice; meaning you say things like use 'only runewords and uniques' or worse stuff like 'just cheat'. Some people will actually take the time to give detailed and reasonable advice but you always post your advice first b/c you are jsut saying the same thing over and over. I iknow sometimes you are being sarcastic but sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet.

Please don't take this a me attacking or bashing you. I just have a problem with the way you give advice sometimes.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:16 pm

[quote=Logger_120";p="369884"][quote=oneillz808";p="369803"]im sure that better gear, shadowform, and adrenaline pots to abuse timered skills is crappy advice, loggy.
[/quote]

3 out 4 is crappy. Notice I said almost always.[/quote]

but the majority always win, doesnt it loggy. you and just everyone else here on the forum is gunning for me.

[quote=Logger_120";p="369884"].................

The problem is the way that you give the advice; meaning you say things like use 'only runewords and uniques' or worse stuff like 'just cheat'. Some people will actually take the time to give detailed and reasonable advice but you always post your advice first b/c you are jsut saying the same thing over and over. I iknow sometimes you are being sarcastic but sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet.

Please don't take this a me attacking or bashing you. I just have a problem with the way you give advice sometimes.[/quote]

i DO take it as attacking and bashing, but not personal. the thing is, you guys cant be the bigger person and just ignore me, WITHOUT trying to insult me, directly or indirectly.

i give advice, you give advice.
the player wants to follow it or not, thats what theyre gonna do.

too bad no one is going to be the bigger person but me.

Skivverus
Champion of the Light

Post by Skivverus » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:27 pm

Off-topic - oneillz, I at least don't ignore you because I tend to disagree with your posts (I prefer to emphasize tactics over items since there is less randomness involved in acquiring the former), and I can't exactly respond to them if I can't see them.
On-topic - I haven't had so much experience with the unholy Vessel of Judgement, but the tricky bit is the relatively low range of it - getting enough enemies in range means you'll have a lot of enemies who are probably close enough to hit back. The unholy paladin has a few options here - Shadowform has been mentioned, but I'd focus on Divine Apparition, Black Sleep, and Holy Armor. All three are timered, but if used well they will each provide you with plenty of targets and a minimum of danger.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 pm

[quote=Skivverus";p="369910"]Off-topic - oneillz, I at least don't ignore you because I tend to disagree with your posts (I prefer to emphasize tactics over items since there is less randomness involved in acquiring the former), and I can't exactly respond to them if I can't see them. [/quote]

i dont ignore anyone at all, and most of time, i always disagree with anyone's other posts;

but heres the difference, i don't make snide comments about it, whether its directly or passive.

people here have done that, either by mimicking me in a negative way which puts me down, or have either put it in small text, and then saying something thats 'on topic' to avoid being off topic.

its weird how that works, its almost like being in middle school again.

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:14 am

[quote=oneillz808";p="369886"]i DO take it as attacking and bashing, but not personal. the thing is, you guys cant be the bigger person and just ignore me, WITHOUT trying to insult me, directly or indirectly.

too bad no one is going to be the bigger person but me.[/quote]

You being the bigger person, thats funny. If you were the bigger person you would stop posting crap advice to every question and stop telling people to cheat. I honestly think that you are one of the primary reasons that Median is getting kicked off the Keep. Not the only reason but a large part of it. But that's just my opinion...

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:23 am

[quote=Logger_120";p="369966"][quote=oneillz808";p="369886"]i DO take it as attacking and bashing, but not personal. the thing is, you guys cant be the bigger person and just ignore me, WITHOUT trying to insult me, directly or indirectly.

You being the bigger person, thats funny. If you were the bigger person you would stop posting crap advice to every question and stop telling people to cheat. I honestly think that you are one of the primary reasons that Median is getting kicked off the Keep. Not the only reason but a large part of it. But that's just my opinion...[/quote]

Wow. What's happened here at Median? I just read the Announcement concerning the impending move. I certainly wish ES received the traffic that Median now receives. Tournaments would be through the roof. I guess I should be careful of what I wish for.

Keep in touch, Logger :(.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger — Friedrich Nietzsche
Eastern Sun DatabaseEastern Sun WikiZy-El Wiki
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:41 am

[quote=Logger_120";p="369966"][quote=oneillz808";p="369886"]i DO take it as attacking and bashing, but not personal. the thing is, you guys cant be the bigger person and just ignore me, WITHOUT trying to insult me, directly or indirectly.

You being the bigger person, thats funny. If you were the bigger person you would stop posting crap advice to every question and stop telling people to cheat. I honestly think that you are one of the primary reasons that Median is getting kicked off the Keep. Not the only reason but a large part of it. But that's just my opinion...[/quote]

gee. my advice is crappy.
the solution would have been to ignore me, but no; people still have to make negative comments about me of what i say or do.

everyone else besides me MUST be perfect, logger, as they always tell non-crappy advice.

fine if you think that im a large reason for getting median kicked off the keep; i just BET that everyone else must think that also.

at least i dont put you guys down.

Return to “Mods By Laz”