Help my druid

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

Deathpoint

Re: Help my druid

Post by Deathpoint » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:21 pm

Is it possible to wear every single item with 0 in str and dex at the end? Why not put the few points you have to spare in those to make it easier to wear equipment while you are leveling up untwinked? What is a few vitality going to do as you level up anyway?

Skivverus
Champion of the Light

Post by Skivverus » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:33 pm

A very good question, to which I personally think the answer is "not much" - then again, I'm rather biased in favor of low-vitality builds, perhaps due to playing mostly softcore. 200 points in strength does make those diamonds go a lot farther though.

Delreich
Paladin

Post by Delreich » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:55 pm

You can't put all your points in vitality anyways, as the highest base vitality the game will let you keep after saving is 1023.
For pony!
-----------------------------------------------------------
My legacy, death becomes me, I'll slaughter the world

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:04 am

Skivverus";p="370038" wrote:A very good question, to which I personally think the answer is "not much" - then again, I'm rather biased in favor of low-vitality builds, perhaps due to playing mostly softcore. 200 points in strength does make those diamonds go a lot farther though.
very agreed. indeed, if you are playing a bloodzon or sorceress, you could even spend all points equally to each stat. of course it wouldn't make much sense, but it would be viable :)

btw, is the 1023-cap reached with or without +flat-stat-bonus from equipment?

btw, why not continueing this discussion in the new forums? we should try stop posting here.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:11 am

pza";p="370071" wrote:btw, is the 1023-cap reached with or without +flat-stat-bonus from equipment?
Without. The base stat must be less than or equal to 1023.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:23 am

Strange... I could of swore I had a base vita on my paladin of 1040 or 1050 once and it saved fine despite being above 1023.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:55 am

Was this with or without Dark King?
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:49 pm

Without Dark King... I just did a further test with a certain mod tolerant character editor. Set base energy on a necro to 2500 and it saved just fine. It must mean the base stats save field size are atleast 12 bits.

Delreich
Paladin

Post by Delreich » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Hmm... I guess I recalled incorrectly this time. Just tried it myself with my beta barb, 1150 vitality stayed the same after reloading.
Base life is caped at around 8190 though, so for a barbarian for example investing more than 790 points in vitality has limited usefulness.
(Life before S&E: 24594. After reloading: 21713.)

Edit: Should apply to mana/energy as well. Amounts required to hit these cap varies for different chars.
For a druid, the 986th point invested in vitality would hit the base life cap (assuming you've done the potion quests).
Last edited by Delreich on Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
For pony!
-----------------------------------------------------------
My legacy, death becomes me, I'll slaughter the world

Rainalkar

Post by Rainalkar » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:20 am

I am clvl 87 now, so I'll guess I'll try Fauz uberquest soon... I still can't kill anything, but I guess now could be a good time to ask, so that I know in advance: what would you recommend for really top of the notch gear?
I looked at sets and uniques and rwords and got a feeling that rwords are the best, but I would like to hear your opinion. Also, what would be an optimal distribution of stat points? Some of you speak of placing (almost) everything to vita, is that actually possible?
And the most important, what weapon would you recommend to a lvl 90 char taking Fauz challenge who has almost base str and dex? From clvl 70 to now I almost didn't shoot at all... Just summoned Fiends :) What do you think is the best merc for this build? I found the Shapeshifter to be ok, at least he doesn't die easily.

edit: and btw what is in your opinion the best build for uberquests/levels? I read the guides, but they are mostly obsolete.
Last edited by Rainalkar on Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:58 am

Rainalkar";p="370486" wrote:I looked at sets and uniques and rwords and got a feeling that rwords are the best, but I would like to hear your opinion.
Way to generalise every character slot. Also remember runewords don't have sockets.
Rainalkar";p="370486" wrote:And the most important, what weapon would you recommend to a lvl 90 char taking Fauz challenge who has almost base str and dex?
The best one you have access to, I guess. Unless you're cheating, you can't really count on having Unique X or Rune Y.

Most importantly, the 'best' merc and items and stats are those you have fun with. If you like to trigger lots of fire with Ryuuseiu Kyanon and think Necrolyte mercs are cute, feel free to use them. :D
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Rainalkar

Post by Rainalkar » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:42 pm

True, but I can gamble a lot for a unique, I just wanted to know which :)

Return to “Mods By Laz”