str/dex bonus cap?

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

enkephalin07
Champion of the Light

str/dex bonus cap?

Post by enkephalin07 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Is there a limit to how much enhanced damage you can gain from the stat bonuses? For that matter, is there a hard limit to total enhanced bonus you can get from combined modifiers?
EAKS players often live by the phrase 'The journey is often more enjoyable than the destination.' They are motivated by meeting the challenges of the world, but they are usually in no rush--because seeing the creatures and places of the world is even more fun.

Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 40.00%, Socializer 26.67%

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:00 pm

AFAIK no. More str, more dex = better. aerial tried a str/dex based barb before so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a limit.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

Delreich
Paladin

Re: str/dex bonus cap?

Post by Delreich » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 pm

Beware that you can't have more than 1023 base points in any single stat though.
Well, at least not for more than one game. It'll get capped on save.
This shouldn't be a problem in most cases, but with 1205 points to distribute it could be in some.

Bonuses from skills and equipment can still get you high above this limit of course.
For pony!
-----------------------------------------------------------
My legacy, death becomes me, I'll slaughter the world

enkephalin07
Champion of the Light

Post by enkephalin07 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:43 pm

I don't think I'll come close to that in base stats. How about in modified stats; will that automatically update on restart, or do I have to re-equip everything?

Also, the manual says the ED% bonus is per 100 stats; is that 100 a hard breakpoint, or would 150 give you 150% of that bonus?
EAKS players often live by the phrase 'The journey is often more enjoyable than the destination.' They are motivated by meeting the challenges of the world, but they are usually in no rush--because seeing the creatures and places of the world is even more fun.

aerial
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by aerial » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:47 pm

I guess paladin would be better (dark). He can use dark king, mountain king, and liche totem. Barb has phoenix stance instead of dark king, but imo dark king is better.
With barb and high damage sacred weapon it was possible to get >200k (with many buffs, ctc, oskills, vanqiuish ect) physical damage and more. But if youre using 1.11, lion stance is enough to reach damage cap.
::::: my median videos :::::

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:48 pm

I think he means your based saved stats (the points you put in str/dex) should never exceed 1023. Then you can pump gears and skills however you want, it'll still update correctly ingame.

The 100 str bonus thing is not correct anymore, check Laz's site for a new list. The str/dex bonus means you have a bonus to weapon %ED every 100 points (so str bonus of 50 means 0.5% ED per str point) .

enkephalin07
Champion of the Light

Post by enkephalin07 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:51 pm

I'm using the manual straight off the website, searches quicker and takes less mem to keep multiple pages open. Isn't that up to date? The link I'm reading is: http://modsbylaz.planetdiablo.gamespy.com/ on the base items page.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:58 pm

I guess I misinterpreted your last sentence. :-| Sorry (I was thinking about old LOD str bonus) .

The latter is correct (you don't need to have str in 100s, even 1 point have an effect) .

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Re: str/dex bonus cap?

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:08 am

Actually I thought my 2nd retaliator paladin had 1050 Base vitality. As for the level your stats can be after boosts has no practical limit of any sort (because the rollover point is over 100,000 for stats such as strength).

Return to “Mods By Laz”