attribute challenge reroll?

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

ferinz

attribute challenge reroll?

Post by ferinz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:51 am

ok i just got my 1k attibute challenge done finally all happy and everything then i roll it and get +4 shadow refuge... i don't ever use that skill =="

so i was wondering if i got another zakarum's ear and idol of vanity, and of course still have 1k attributes would i be able to reroll the mods or am i stuck with these mods?

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:54 am

:-|
I think you're stuck with them.

If you make another assassin, you could make an entire other charm and hope to get +x to a different skill...

ferinz

Re: attribute challenge reroll?

Post by ferinz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:10 am

i remembered hearing something about rerolling the priestess' sunstones so was wonderin if it was the same here

yeh... i could make another... but that would take a long time... and there aren't really any i wanna try :(

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:15 am

The rest of the bonuses of the challenge charm should be more than worth it. Just keep playing you're character until you get tired of it. Don't worry that it has +4 to a skill you don't use. (After all, it doesn't really hurt you any...) ;)

If you do make a new char to make a new challenge charm, remember that the new character will have to be an assassin for your current assassin to use it.

Moja
Paladin

Post by Moja » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:29 am

There is a way to "reroll" the charm before you do that upgrade... It involves questionable methods that some find cheap and that Laz may frown on though...

***Questionable Method Alert***
What you do is get all the ingredients, copy your save file in the D2 directory somewhere else, then cube your charm. Save and exit. If you want a different skill, then just copy your old save file (the one outside D2 directory) over the D2 one, make a new game, and cube it again... You are basically "resetting" your character to before you rolled the charm...
***End Questionable Method Alert***

Another thing you can do is get a ton of different class charms, share them in a common PlugY stash, and cube each of those charms until you get the one you want... This is way more legit to me, and is equivalent to making a new character without the hassle, or throwing away your old charm and finding another to cube it...

Once you get one you like you can do the other challenges on a new char... <<sigh>>

[EDIT] BTW I think Laz should make a recipe for rerolling charms like he did for rerolling uniques / runewords, so people don't resort to these shenanigans... <<hint hint cough cough>> [/EDIT]
Last edited by Moja on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:38 am

just download udietoo and modify your char >.>

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:16 am

oneillz808";p="365184" wrote:just download udietoo and modify your char >.>

Telling people to cheat, again??! 8-O

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:18 am

sorry! >.<

i could not help myself again this time

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:59 am

maby you could edit your post?? because a lot of people doesnt know the names of such programms --> they cant use them
Last edited by xMeox on Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:30 pm

Moja";p="365182" wrote:What you do is get all the ingredients, copy your save file in the D2 directory somewhere else, then cube your charm.
Moja";p="365182" wrote:Another thing you can do is get a ton of different class charms, share them in a common PlugY stash, and cube each of those charms until you get the one you want...
Alright. In 1.57 I'm removing this entire quest.
Moja";p="365182" wrote:[EDIT] BTW I think Laz should make a recipe for rerolling charms like he did for rerolling uniques / runewords, so people don't resort to these shenanigans... <<hint hint cough cough>> [/EDIT]
'Laz, those random recipes encourage cheating because we don't have the self-control to play legitly if we don't get something and other people do. Bring on communism!'

oneillz808";p="365184" wrote:just download udietoo and modify your char &.&
:OI:

xMeox";p="365206" wrote:maby you could edit your post?? because a lot of people doesnt know the names of such programms --& they cant cheat
Well, you see, according to the terms of service of the Keep, telling people how to cheat is legal. Just make sure you don't double post in the process and you're fine.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:58 pm

Brother Laz";p="365227" wrote: Well, you see, according to the terms of service of the Keep, telling people how to cheat is legal. Just make sure you don't double post in the process and you're fine.
:eeek:

rickcarson
Paladin

Post by rickcarson » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:17 pm

xMeox";p="365229" wrote: :eeek:
Oh please, spare us the moral outrage. :roll:

What Moja described (both methods) is every bit as much cheating as what oneillz808 described.

Except that oneillz808 was either more honest about it, or being sarcastic.

How is backing up your save files or cheating via plugy any more legitimate than using a character editor?

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:20 pm

i was being both honest and sarcastic.

its not like there hasnt been cheating before.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:25 pm

no but this is the secound or thirt post where you animate players to cheat.. and btw, my "moral outrage" wasnt about his post, it was about laz´s post. (i realy didnt get it, you can tell people how to cheat?!?)

btw, this was about oneillz post:
xMeox";p="365206" wrote: maby you could edit your post?? because a lot of people doesnt know the names of such programms --> they cant use them

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:26 pm

well its their choice isnt it. to cheat or not to cheat. it amazes me to think that i would have such influence on people.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:57 pm

you have..
if you tell in one thread, that you have a cheesy life because you are so rich, and in the next one that cheating is ok people will think you are rich because of cheating (btw i dont want to post my oppinion to this, maby youll get it when you read between the lines -.-)

and before the whole "i only cheat for myself, i dont trade"-discussion starts again (this isnt against you oneillz, but i read some of those discussions of other players) just keep your stuff in private please..

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:12 pm

whats funny is how people get so worked up over this.
over of what i say.
you think its wrong, fine. you think its right, fine.

im really unfazed by any of this but yet i feel the need to defend myself because its like everyone is against me.

umm so what if i made a post about being rich its their choice whether they want to believe it or not. have you actually even seen my characters and what they have.

oh but wait, that doesnt matter right. because i TOLD people to cheat. therefore, that makes me a cheater.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:31 pm

sry, maby was a little bit to rude

you never said that you have a cheesy life, but thats exactly that what you was negotiating...
and if, as you said, everybody is against you, why you just dont stop?

i want to give you this example with smokers and nonsmokers:
Non-smokers say, that they shouldnt smoke next to them because they hate the smell or whatever. (I know there are a lot of nonsmokers havnt problems with smokers btw - this is just an example)
So why nonsmokers cant go out of the room when a smoker wants to smoke? if they have a problem with the smell, he just should leave the room...

again: this is just an example, i dont have problems with smokers

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Alright. In 1.57 I'm removing this entire quest.
Wait, the entire attribute challenge? Gone? :-|

(Signaling the end of Median, IMO).
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ferinz

Post by ferinz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:16 pm

Brother Laz";p="365227" wrote: Alright. In 1.57 I'm removing this entire quest.
wait what why? it's a good quest just anoying when you don't get what you want but still good.
maybe if you got special uberquest items and cubed them you could reroll... or not reroll at all... it doesn't matter but to take the quest away? :-|

{edit] btw i just noticed i only have a total of 1095 attribute points (yes i included the ones i used already in the count) at lvl 119... is this normal?
Last edited by ferinz on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delreich
Paladin

Post by Delreich » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:13 pm

ferinz";p="365262" wrote:i just noticed i only have a total of 1095 attribute points (yes i included the ones i used already in the count) at lvl 119... is this normal?
No, you're missing 100. Only reason for this that I can think of is that you saved up more than 1023. When saving, the game discards anything above that.
For pony!
-----------------------------------------------------------
My legacy, death becomes me, I'll slaughter the world

ferinz

Post by ferinz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:51 pm

oh... yeh that would be it i guess...
thanks

orase_yanagi

Post by orase_yanagi » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:17 pm

how about using Jitan's drop to reroll :D

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:29 pm

ferinz";p="365262" wrote:maybe if you got special uberquest items and cubed them you could reroll... or not reroll at all... it doesn't matter but to take the quest away? :-|
It is not so easy to reroll enhanced items without losing the enhancements.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:39 pm

understand sarcasm. i coudln't think of laz taking away the entire atc :P would be somekind of "back to stone age (aka hellfire *jk*)'"
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Return to “Mods By Laz”