item creation sticky

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

Nocte

Re: item creation sticky

Post by Nocte » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:47 pm

pza";p="366458" wrote:there is already a necromancer amulet, called felblood. it would be unfair to give the necro two unique amulets. other than that, it looks nice! though i'd increase the bonuses slightly to 15-25%, since your really massivly reducing the wearers life.
I know, but...

+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
(3 to 6)% Life Stolen per Hit
15% Crushing Blow to Darklings
+(1 to 3) to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+50 to Life

=\
Only good thing I would get out of it is the crushing blow.

Plus aside from the + necromancer skills the amulet can easily be used by the barb summoner or whoever else cares about minion stats.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:04 pm

Other characters would only get 3-6% life leech, which is nothing, and +50 to life, which, again, is nothing.

This definitely is a necro amulet. :roll:

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:46 pm

i think he'S talking about his amulet. anyway i still think it would be unfair against the other classes that only the necro had 2 specific amus. another option would be to create an amu for every class (but that would be unfair against the different types of builds of each char)
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:02 pm

Haha I was just going to suggest changing the necromancer skills to + to all skills, making the amulet for any class. :)

Now that it's not for necros though.... maybe the name should change to something like the Minionomicon. :twisted:

DemonTheSecond
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by DemonTheSecond » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:50 pm

Symbolic Eternity
Amulet(Sacred)
Level Requirement: 120

+2 To All Skill Levels
+0-1 Amazon Skill Levels
+0-1 Assassin Skill Levels
+0-1 Barbarian Skill Levels
+0-1 Druid Skill Levels
+0-1 Paladin Skill Levels
+0-1 Necromancer Skill Levels
+0-1 Sorceress Skill Levels
+(5..10)% Chance to Avoid Damage

(Does this fix that whole, "Oh this sucks compared to rares"?)

Claw of the Raven
Ring(Sacred)
Level Requirement: 90

35% Chance to cast level 8 Claw Tornado when struck
+(64-93)..(95..120) Maximum Damage
Hit Blinds Target

(Too much dmg? Nah..)

Claw of the Panther
Ring(Sacred)
Level Requirement: 95

4% Chance to cast level 1 Hades' Gate when struck
+(42-80)..(120..170) Minimum Damage
Slows Target by 5%

(Better?)

Illumination
Ring(Sacred)

9% Chance to cast level 12 StarTouch(Stormtouch) when struck.
-10% Enemy Resistances
+10% Spell Damage
-75% All Resistances

(Better?)

----Weapons----
Dumbstruck Clever
Axe(Sacred)
Strength Requirement: 649
Level Requirement: 85
One-handed Damage: (168-185)

25% Chance to cast level 10 Hamstring on striking
+(100..200)% Enhanced Damage
+(35..69)-(75..105) Damage
-50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+(120..300) Cold Damage
Stun Attack
Hit Blinds Target
Freezes Attacker
Freezes Target

(Hamstring when used, causes stun attack for xx amount of seconds, so if timestrike can be used - on strike - i think this one can be used.)

Dagger of Insanity
Dexterity Requirement: 0
Level Requirement: 92
One-handed Damage: (156-158)

4% Chance to cast level 1 Spike Nova on striking
3% Chance to cast level 4 Queen of Blades on kill
2% Chance to cast level 7 Death Metal on kill
+1000 Magic Damage
-25% All Resistances
Vulnerability Aura(SoulShatter effect)

(This one is probably "OVERPOWERED" not useless LMFAO! Check its PROCs again plz..)

----Armor----

Lazarus' Robes
Lamellar Armor(Sacred)
Strength Requirement: 0
Level Requirement: 109
Defense: (1851-2007)

+(1..4) All Skill Levels
+(2..3) to [Random Sorceress Skill](Sorceress Only)
+(10..30)% Fire Skill Damage
+(10..30)% Cold Skill Damage
+(10..30)% Lightning Skill Damage
+1 to Protector Spirit
-100% Requirements

(No, check your d1 history again, this has nothing to do with Brother Laz.)

----Jewels----

Glimmering Light
Jewel(Sacred)
Level Requirement: 75

2% Chance to cast level 4 Startouch when struck
Requirements +5%
Light Radius +1

(Why? Check what startouch[1.57 thread] does plz)

Sunfire
Jewel(Sacred)
Level Requirement: 75

2% Chance to cast level 15 Meteor Shower when struck
Requirements +10%

(Why? Using this could get overpowered since the %'s add up, not the level of the skill used, So imagine an armor (6x2) 12% When struck. Thats a pretty good amount of casting a lv 15 meteor shower when struck.)

Nightstalker
Jewel(Sacred)
Level Requirement: 90

4% Chance to cast level 1 Blink when struck
Chance to avoid damage +1%
-5 All Resistances

(LOL! Dupe plz.)

Pestilance
Jewel(Sacred)
Level Requirement: 80

+(12..25)% Poison Skill Damage
+(35..50)% Poison Skill Duration

Virgil[Name Changed]
Jewel(Sacred)

+1 To All Skills
Requirements +5%
Last edited by DemonTheSecond on Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nocte

Post by Nocte » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:12 pm

DemonicAngel";p="366514" wrote:Haha I was just going to suggest changing the necromancer skills to + to all skills, making the amulet for any class. :)

Now that it's not for necros though.... maybe the name should change to something like the Minionomicon. :twisted:
;) I'll take that into consideration for a better name.

Sidenote1:
pza, I changed it for universal summoners!

Sidenote2:
Maybe I should call it Amplio Monstrum.
Kinda loose Latin words there.. it means "to improve monster(s)".

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:47 pm

DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Symbolic Eternity
do'h. easy to achive a rare that is much better than this one. i got one from anya yesterday: 4 skills, 20 str, >200 mana etc... improve your's a bit. only having skills is abit annoying, too.
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Claw of the Raven
ok, maybe abit too much damage, but fine.
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Claw of the Panther
same as above ,and slows target is too high. get two of them and enemies start creeping already.
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Illumination
everything too high. half all numbers and it will be ok, imo. resists are too easy to get, especially as sorc.

----Weapons----
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Dumbstruck Clever
Axe(Sacred)
lol one, but fine, only problem is that hamstring on striking won't work i guess, because how will that work when a barb wearing this weapon uses fortress that procs that? will the barb start attacking the air without reason? no. so i guess it's not possible.
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Dagger of Insanity
nono. why does it have -resis if you die in one hit anyways? such weapons are just imbalanced. either overpowered or useless.

----Armor----
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Lazarus' Robes
Lamellar Armor(Sacred)
if you're referring to brother laz (what i suppose) that's not good. by saying that it doesn't need any requirements to wear it, it seems even an offend to him. and then there is the protector spirit oskill. do you want to say that he has always some protectors around him? :P overthink this one again, please. the other stats are fine. and why 2007 def? next year this armor will get "out" :P

----Jewels----
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Glimmering Light
Jewel(Sacred)
what is actually the point of this jewel? why would anyone want to use it?

DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Sunfire
Jewel(Sacred)
see above.
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Nightstalker
Jewel(Sacred)
a char cn have 32 free sockets. now think of an assassin that fills all sockets with this jewel. i don't know how many avoid she can get, either she's gonna be 100% invulnerable or extremely close to that. even the druid could get more than 80% avoid, which is already too much.
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Pestilance
Jewel(Sacred)
nice one. maybe a bit too much spelldamage. 20 are more than sufficient, imo.
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Zodiac
Jewel(Sacred)

do'h. 32 sockets. +32 to all skills. nono. don't like that. and the name already exists.

@nocte: yeah good idea.
Last edited by pza on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

DemonTheSecond
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by DemonTheSecond » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:05 am

pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Symbolic Eternity
do'h. easy to achive a rare that is much better than this one. i got one from anya yesterday: 4 skills, 20 str, >200 mana etc... improve your's a bit. only having skills is abit annoying, too.
Lol...k. Upgraded it.
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Claw of the Raven
ok, maybe abit too much damage, but fine.
Lol....kk. Not really though.
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Claw of the Panther
same as above ,and slows target is too high. get two of them and enemies start creeping already.
Agreed, fixed.
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Illumination
everything too high. half all numbers and it will be ok, imo. resists are too easy to get, especially as sorc.
Not really, but fixed.

----Weapons----
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Dumbstruck Clever
Axe(Sacred)
lol one, but fine, only problem is that hamstring on striking won't work i guess, because how will that work when a barb wearing this weapon uses fortress that procs that? will the barb start attacking the air without reason? no. so i guess it's not possible.
yeah, if time strike is able to be used. Then hamstring should be able to. Since it really wouldnt be "swinging at the air" it would be just casted LIKE YOU 'DID' swing at the air, your attacks would then be causing stun attack for xx amount of seconds.
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Dagger of Insanity
nono. why does it have -resis if you die in one hit anyways? such weapons are just imbalanced. either overpowered or useless.
LMFAO AT THIS! Check the PROC's again....it'd be overpowered before useless....

----Armor----
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Lazarus' Robes
Lamellar Armor(Sacred)
if you're referring to brother laz (what i suppose) that's not good. by saying that it doesn't need any requirements to wear it, it seems even an offend to him. and then there is the protector spirit oskill. do you want to say that he has always some protectors around him? :P overthink this one again, please. the other stats are fine. and why 2007 def? next year this armor will get "out" :P
Thats base defense, check the "Base Item" Values.... and this has NOTHING to do with Laz...if you played D1 you would know who "Lazarus" is. So no...im not changing ANYTHING on that armor, its more than perfect.

----Jewels----
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Glimmering Light
Jewel(Sacred)
what is actually the point of this jewel? why would anyone want to use it?
Who wouldnt use it is my question, if you dont know what "Startouch" does then go check out the 1.57 tentatives thread....it lowers resists.

pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Sunfire
Jewel(Sacred)
see above.
See my asshole.
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Nightstalker
Jewel(Sacred)
a char cn have 32 free sockets. now think of an assassin that fills all sockets with this jewel. i don't know how many avoid she can get, either she's gonna be 100% invulnerable or extremely close to that. even the druid could get more than 80% avoid, which is already too much.
DUPE MORE PLOX! Kk, finding 2 of these would be a hoot. Find 2 of different colors and ill quit, turn off internet and slit my wrists. K? Oh wait, that'll never happen kk...you'll find one then dupe em all to hell, {filtered} YOU DUPERS!
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Pestilance
Jewel(Sacred)
Lmao. Not really.
pza";p="366558" wrote:
DemonTheSecond";p="366529" wrote:Zodiac
Jewel(Sacred)

do'h. 32 sockets. +32 to all skills. nono. don't like that. and the name already exists.

Name changed, And see my asshole one more time. {filtered} use 6 of these in a sacred armor. And check its Requirements. 6 x 5 = 30% Requirements. LOL? Unless your using it in a unique (Wisdom's Wrap would be best) Then your not gonna be able to use that armor once your done with it unless you either 1. hack or 2. hack or 3. hack...

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:19 am

woh, calm down... that is critisism, and if you don't learn to accept the others opinion you should not be arguing here. i wonder anyway why do you react like that? i hope for you no mod sees this.
yeah, if time strike is able to be used. Then hamstring should be able to. Since it really wouldnt be "swinging at the air" it would be just casted LIKE YOU 'DID' swing at the air, your attacks would then be causing stun attack for xx amount of seconds.

hamstring's stun is only affected if you hit. it doesn't cast anything that hits the enemy after a short while. that's why i only believe it if i see it, or if everyone's against me.
.it'd be overpowered before useless.

so you agree that it is imbalanced, right? that it will never be balanced for any character? i'm 100% sure this item will never exist.
Thats base defense, check the "Base Item" Values.... and this has NOTHING to do with Laz...if you played D1 you would know who "Lazarus" is. So no...im not changing ANYTHING on that armor, its more than perfect.
ok, but then change the name. laz would definetly not like it. actually laz is short for lazarus, you know, probably.
Who wouldnt use it is my question, if you dont know what "Startouch" does then go check out the 1.57 tentatives thread....it lowers resists.
allright, i didn't follow that discussion, i guess. is it really called startouch rather than stormtouch? actually it's called stormtouch, so it will be renamed?
DUPE MORE PLOX! Kk, finding 2 of these would be a hoot. Find 2 of different colors and ill quit, turn off internet and slit my wrists. K? Oh wait, that'll never happen kk...you'll find one then dupe em all to hell, YOU DUPERS!
YOU TRADER! <--- destroying the joy of a game just because you trade items should not be possible.
Lmao. Not really.
actual crafted jewels can have a maximum of 15%. and these are already gozu jewels. also, they don't even have poison duration. we want BALANCED items, not IMBALANCED.
Name changed, And see my asshole one more time. use 6 of these in a sacred armor. And check its Requirements. 6 x 5 = 30% Requirements. LOL? Unless your using it in a unique (Wisdom's Wrap would be best) Then your not gonna be able to use that armor once your done with it unless you either 1. hack or 2. hack or 3. hack...
what does hinder me using a unique then? and just let me remind you something: how much requirements do DIADEMS need?
and WHY will i need to socket them in SACRED stuff?
even IF i socket them in a sacred armor: +30% requirements increase the strengh requirement from 1000 str (that's more than ANY armor needs!) to 1300 str! either you never played a barb or you never invested in strengh, because I know that a barb and probably the paladin too, can both reach easily over 2000 strengh. even the amazon with paragon a special helmet can get 1300 strengh easily. and remember: we're talking about sacred stuff and exagered numbers, worstcase of worstcase. lol.

this thread will be about to close if you don't behave like a normal person.

[/align]

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:59 pm

yeah demon, thats no way to act especially since you screwed up medians first tourney... and that you started the tourney. lol.

Nocte

Post by Nocte » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:48 am

Rathma's Stick*
Necromancer Wands Only
(Yul Xar)
Required Level: 120
3% chance to cast level 37 Bloodlust when struck
+(250 to 400)% bonus to Minion Damage
+(100 to 250)% bonus to Minion Attack Rating
+(20 to 25)% bonus to Minion Resistances
+(200 to 300)% bonus to Minion Life

Right Now:-30 to All Stats**
Alternative: -25% to All Stats
Reduces Maximum Minions to 3***

*Name needs to be changed..
How about something like.. Rathma's Wand.. Wand of Rathma..
Any suggestions?

** this might need to be boosted to a higher negative value, or changed to something else.. such as -25% to Energy or Vitality. If that's possible.

*** the whole balance comes from this, or at least.. I think it does. However if it's impossible to do then scrap my idea.

Late Edit.. if you think these bonuses (the ones with the matching color) are too big. Tell me why.

Late Late Edit.. is this ctc (teal colored text @ top) too good/too bad/need improvement?

This was posted previously, but had zero feedback.. so I was hoping I could get some now..
And I gave it a name!
[As you can tell.. I wanna make the necromancer pure summoner better in ubers.. lol]

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:53 am

yeah the name needs to be changed XD. i like rathma's wand.

the -twenty five stats isnt enough but the negative percent is.
im not sure if the reduce minions can work.

id love to have that wand! screw faster cast rate!

Nocte

Post by Nocte » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:34 am

oneillz808";p="366748" wrote:yeah the name needs to be changed XD. i like rathma's wand.

the -twenty five stats isnt enough but the negative percent is.
im not sure if the reduce minions can work.

id love to have that wand! screw faster cast rate!
Well I figure.. you have to be level 120 and you have to have those high runes.. so it might not be too bad.. but people twink all the time so. =[
And yeah I think it would only be viable or good enough if the reduce minions worked.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:21 am

It would work ;) like the old Rathma's Chosen idea, reducing # of minions to 1 but adds massive bonuses. It should really go with Rathma's Chosen for extra single-minion damage.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:23 am

:mrgreen: im loving that wand you made nocte!

Nocte

Post by Nocte » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:25 am

oneillz808";p="366762" wrote: :mrgreen: im loving that wand you made nocte!
Thanks, but it's all up to Laz if he wants to implement anything and I doubt the wand is balanced enough for the mod or maybe it is.
No idea.
Glad someone likes it. :)

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:28 am

Nocte";p="366771" wrote: Thanks, but it's all up to Laz if he wants to implement anything and I doubt the wand is balanced enough for the mod or maybe it is.
No idea.
I hope Laz is even looking at this thread and picking items to include in 1.57...
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nocte

Post by Nocte » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 am

DemonicAngel";p="366772" wrote:
Nocte";p="366771" wrote: Thanks, but it's all up to Laz if he wants to implement anything and I doubt the wand is balanced enough for the mod or maybe it is.
No idea.
I hope Laz is even looking at this thread and picking items to include in 1.57...
Haha.. yeah. It could be here just to distract Median players with item-dreams!

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:58 am

i guess if he looks into this thread at all, it's just for getting some ideas of items. you know, it might be quite hard to always, when implementing new items, have to implement at least 50, otherwise the people would not care or even complain. and whenever he needs some ideas for new items, he will take a look here :P
Haha.. yeah. It could be here just to distract Median players with item-dreams!
yeah, this could be a good reason too^^

[/align]

jackrabbitfp

Post by jackrabbitfp » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:07 pm

i have an idea for a jewel, tho mabe its overpowered...

Diablo's Gem
Required lvl: 120
Damage reduced by (2-5)%
+(1.25-1.3) to life (based on lvl)
+10% to magic find
+120% to gold from monsters

thats what i think would be a good uneique jewel
Death and destruction will come quick and painful for those who oppose me.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:15 pm

150-156 to life/per jewel at clvl 120, 10%MF/jewel, +120% GF/jewel. Not overpowered. Maybe the GF is a little high. It should probably be closer to the MF value.

Even if you use 32 of these jewels in your gear, that's only 5k life, 320% MF, and so far, 3840% GF. <- (That's where it becomes too high, btw.)

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:46 pm

you have overseen: Damage reduced by (2-5)%. it's maybe really a bit overpowered with this stat. btw, extragold is not overpowered. there are rares with 120 EG, too. probably even more.

edit: ok sorry, maximum for jewel extragold is 100%... i've probably mixed up with %damage return...
Last edited by pza on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/align]

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:52 pm

Oops, didn't see that. ><

Smiling Hobo
Champion of the Light

Post by Smiling Hobo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:10 am

Lapis Lazuli
Ring

Adds 50-100 cold damage
50-75% chance to revive as: Spectre (varies)
-2 to light radius

I forget if you can make "chance to revive" variable or not...

*Nibbles on kitten*

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:43 am

never heard of it. guess not. but idea of the name is good, there could be several such rings, like, tourmaline, opal, aquamarine

[/align]

Return to “Mods By Laz”