item creation sticky

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

gbr_oNi

Post by gbr_oNi » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:13 pm

Here's the info for one of the secret runewords, taken from the median website:

5% Chance to cast level 18 Lightning Cascade on Attack
+(216 to 235)% Enhanced Damage
60% Increased Attack Speed
(19 to 24)% Life Stolen per Hit
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
8% Bonus to Vitality
(31 to 50)% Reanimate as: Evil Spirit
Level 6 Bloodlust (15 Charges)

AFAIK it works on rings too.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: item creation sticky

Post by pza » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:17 pm

yeah, it works, but the point of question is, if the summoned monster can be a variable. say, one time you find a ring with revive as skelleton, sometimes with revive as primus (^^) or whatever.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Flaming Toadstool

Post by Flaming Toadstool » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:15 am

I have an idea for a unique.

Coldwhip
Sash (Sacred)
100% Chance to cast Level 15 Doom Serpents on striking
Adds 200-400 Cold Damage
Cold Resist 80-120%
15% Slower Run/Walk
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+7 to Frozen Crown (Sorceress Only)
Last edited by Flaming Toadstool on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:46 am

100% Chance to cast Level 15 Doom Serpents on striking
Until Laz removes ND from DS, this skill will prevent your Bladestorm from striking your foes.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

gbr_oNi

Post by gbr_oNi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:15 pm

Here's an idea that could make melee sorcs more viable without having to make any new skills: Sorc-only items that have 100% ctc attacks on them. Then the melee sorc could be based around simply using regular attack until/as well as bladestorm, but the main attack would come from the ctc.
Flaming Toadstool's item kinda gave me the idea, but it would need to be implemented on sorc-only items so they can't be used to cheese with other classes. Example:

Judderstick
Sacred Globe (Sacred)

+(29 to 42) Energy Factor to Spell Damage (Automod)
100% Chance to cast level 25 Lemures on Attack
20% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Block Rate
250% Enhanced Damage
+(35 to 50)% to Cold Spell Damage
Requirements (-25 to -35)%

:edit: Changed to on attack as requested :)
Last edited by gbr_oNi on Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delreich
Paladin

Post by Delreich » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:37 pm

If you make that "on attack", maybe. Think Warpath, Boneclasp, Thundergod, Emperor etc.
For pony!
-----------------------------------------------------------
My legacy, death becomes me, I'll slaughter the world

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:49 pm

toadstools idea was kind of overpowered, on striking (fortress, war spirit)

on attack it's alright, but the idea isn't new, as delreich already said. using skills that the sorc can synergise would increase the usefulness for the sorc in specific.

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

gbr_oNi

Post by gbr_oNi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:42 pm

pza";p="368290" wrote:toadstools idea was kind of overpowered, on striking (fortress, war spirit)

on attack it's alright, but the idea isn't new, as delreich already said. using skills that the sorc can synergise would increase the usefulness for the sorc in specific.
I know the use of ctc items isn't new.. i have actually been playing this mod for quite some time now. My idea was to expand on the random ctc weapons currently used, instead providing a "set" of weapons to choose from, depending on preferred elemental dmg, type of attack, etc. Fire, lightning, magic, and pure physical versions of the orb i described in my previous post could be included, and perhaps even a tri-elemental version with fire cold and lightning damage, obviously each element on it nerfed to a third of the power of the ele damage on one of the single elemental weapons.

Basically an idea to quell the complaints about the lack of melee skills in the sorcs skill tree, providing a range of melee skills without having to expand the skill tree beyond bursting (it's already close as it is).

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:59 pm

yep. and that's why i propose to make it more sorc specific, read giving the item ctc's with sorcskills, because a sorc could max the synergy to the ctc proc.

example: 20% chance to cast level 25 flamestrike when killing an enemy (seen on meleesorc-set warmage's helmet)

the sorc can max meteor shower, so that she deals more damage with the ctc.

"problem" of this though is, if an amazon gets this item into her hands she starts casting LotS and calls herself "dozazon" (or whatever^^)

[/align]

gbr_oNi

Post by gbr_oNi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:55 pm

pza";p="368306" wrote:yep. and that's why i propose to make it more sorc specific, read giving the item ctc's with sorcskills, because a sorc could max the synergy to the ctc proc.

example: 20% chance to cast level 25 flamestrike when killing an enemy (seen on meleesorc-set warmage's helmet)

the sorc can max meteor shower, so that she deals more damage with the ctc.
Hm, my idea was to make the ctc skills melee skills (or skills that are originally set off as melee skills, e.g. lemures), to make the melee sorc more.. melee-y ^^ (and not just a ctc sorc). Could, for example, 100% ctc lvl 10 Titan Strike on attack be done? If so something along this line could work, buffing the sorc while ctc's from other items/bladestorm get to work.
pza";p="368306" wrote:"problem" of this though is, if an amazon gets this item into her hands she starts casting LotS and calls herself "dozazon" (or whatever^^)
Hence "sorc-only items" :)

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:20 pm

oh well. i think only meleeskills that cast things could be done as ctc's, like retaliate (i think), bladestorm, shower of rocks, bloodspeakers mark, lemures, blood thorns... titan strike doesn't cast anything, so i believe it's not possible. same with cautious strike (not possible wielding 2 weaps anyway).

although i'd find that 100% chance on meleeskill x would be a bit boring... it'd be like using the skill rightaway.

[/align]

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:10 am

Just wanted to point out in the wake of the 1.57 beta release that 1.57 is not an item patch.

Your contributions will be considered for 1.58, which will be about items and uberquests, instead of skills and cube recipes.

So keep them coming. ;)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:19 am

Moved my posts over to the new forum... so we can continue this thread after it gets locked, before 1.58. ;)

Return to “Mods By Laz”