Drop rates explained

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Re: Drop rates explained

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:12 pm

Actually a unique can fail to spawn if the chest's level is not high enough for the unique in question, but is high enough for the unique's base item. I think what Laz did with the uniques is that he set the required level for the unique to spawn to at or below the required level for the base item to spawn. This way... every time a chest tries to unique fountain it will have no problem spawning uniques. The base item is decided before it's decided to make an item unique. This means that if the chest's drop level is between the level needed to make a base item drop and the level needed to make that base item drop as a unique it will fail to spawn a unique. As far as I can tell Laz set the level of all the non-sacred uniques to the level required to spawn at the base item's required spawning level so that there is never a failed unique which results in a triple durability rare.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:54 pm

[quote=Baerk Konnevala";p="337081"]Actually a unique can fail to spawn if the chest's level is not high enough for the unique in question, but is high enough for the unique's base item. I think what Laz did with the uniques is that he set the required level for the unique to spawn to at or below the required level for the base item to spawn. This way... every time a chest tries to unique fountain it will have no problem spawning uniques. The base item is decided before it's decided to make an item unique. This means that if the chest's drop level is between the level needed to make a base item drop and the level needed to make that base item drop as a unique it will fail to spawn a unique. As far as I can tell Laz set the level of all the non-sacred uniques to the level required to spawn at the base item's required spawning level so that there is never a failed unique which results in a triple durability rare.[/quote]

hmmm... thanks for explanation but....

MUUUMM!! I WANT THAT SWEETIEEEES!! I WANT TRIPPLE DURA RARES!!!!! :mrgreen:
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

cntr
Paladin

Post by cntr » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:23 pm

I have a question about these Sparkling Chests.

How can we calculate their level??I'm a bit confused,sorry.

Borgin
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Borgin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:11 pm

Sparkly Chests have levels equal to the area level. I think.

Haljegh

Post by Haljegh » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:30 pm

Not sure if Hatred Countess got an mLvl buff, but I just got a Ral off of her.

panzer111

Post by panzer111 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:36 pm

Nerds.. I don't get anything.. my eyes are bleeding

Kurrelgyre

Post by Kurrelgyre » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:01 am

[quote=Haljegh";p="350895"]Not sure if Hatred Countess got an mLvl buff, but I just got a Ral off of her.[/quote]

The Countess has special drops, she has her own treasure classes.

She tries four times to drop an item, this drop can include runes up to Ral in Hatred, Ko in Terror and Lo in Destruction but the rune chance is low. This drop has a fairly high chance of no drop (which does not add to the item count) and gold (each gold drop will be added to the total gold, and does count as an item drop).

She then tries either 2 or 3 times to drop a rune (total drops from a monster is capped at 6 I believe, so this depends on how many items dropped in step 1). Each try has about a 60% chance to drop nothing, and the rune is capped at Thul in Hatred, Lem in Terror and Ber in Destruction.

The odds are good that you will get at least 1 rune from the Countess (about 70% chance), and you will sometimes get two and rarely three or more.

HaveASmile
Champion of the Light

Post by HaveASmile » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:17 pm

Yeah, but the first post says that her rune drop on Hatred is capped at Ith rune due to ilvl... Though I got better runes pretty often.

Kurrelgyre

Post by Kurrelgyre » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:07 pm

As far as I know, mlvl caps only apply to high quality items (those above Magic grade) when TCs are involved.

If the monster's TC says it can drop a base (nonmagical) item, then it should be able to do so regardless of mlvl.

My modding experience is very limited, but I am 99% sure that this is how it works in CLOD. Of course, there is always that 1%, and this may be something that Laz has changed.

enkephalin07
Champion of the Light

Post by enkephalin07 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:32 pm

[quote=Brother Laz";p="320766"][quote=Keku";p="320722"]So, what are the best possible scenario for getting a unique to drop?[/quote]

Urns. Seriously.[/quote]

Tongue in cheek? Mostly I don't get anything from urns but a jingle of broken crockery, which is it's own reward, really. The rest of the time I'm as likely to get a trap as a treasure.
EAKS players often live by the phrase 'The journey is often more enjoyable than the destination.' They are motivated by meeting the challenges of the world, but they are usually in no rush--because seeing the creatures and places of the world is even more fun.

Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 40.00%, Socializer 26.67%

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:47 pm

Actually except for the uberquest areas with drop bias urns seriously are the best for uniques (this coming from play experience) the fastest. Last I checked those traps were only dangerous if you were starting out untwinked.

lyoro

Post by lyoro » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:49 pm

I regularly find the same sacred items at kurast 3000 it's normal?

Xeraan
Champion of the Light

Post by Xeraan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:47 pm

Yes.

Now seriously, you don't provide very much data... which same items, sets or blue/white ones? How many different items did you find, in how many runs?
Btw, nobody else is having problems with Kurast, although from personal experience I'd say that Witchhunter and some Warmage parts are dropping rather often.

And finally, the original post explains the drop mechanics rather well, and the only thing I could find there is that class specific items drop less often than others.

lyoro

Post by lyoro » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:01 pm

i dropp 1 sacred set items/run
and i have also dropp 8/10 items (see my trade liste page4 with all my unique items)

today i have dropp a sacred set item juste before baal ! it's a area levle 121 ?

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:14 am

[quote=lyoro";p="363491"]today i have dropp a sacred set item juste before baal ! it's a area levle 121 ?[/quote]

No, but have you read the pdfs? The bit just below the level 121 stuff.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:37 am

question about chaos reroll recipe (yes i know once used the ilvl is 99 and yes i know you only can use items which you found in 121 areas):
in 1.54 the chance to reroll a unique was 0,17%, is this still correct? (there are no numbers on the Web-Dokumentation)
i know that you need around 588,2352items to get one sacred unique. anyone got one sacred unique or set item allready? (i used the search funktion and some guy said, that he got 6sacred uniques but no set item, this was in 1.54 or earlier)

i dont want to spend hundreds of arcaneshards for nothing ;)

Return to “Mods By Laz”