Cheaters Choice Mod

Information and updates the Cheater's Choice mod series. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Volf

No votes

Total votes: 0

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: got a request from a newbie (me) :)

Post by Volf » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:53 pm

Griswolds drops are the same as in ccm3, if i remember correctly he still dropps Aldurs items

stishboo_barb

dazed and confused about a part in ccm 4

Post by stishboo_barb » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:53 pm

well i finnally founf where the dark side on town is and i think it doesn't work cause when i click on it ity says asserction failulure exery time and ps.. i love the ccm 4 but i hav really am waitin 4 the volf mod projest is done i wanna see pirates so aproximatly whens it comming out :?: and wat form is it gonna be in (like how will it be in stALLED) like ccm4 or like ccm2

help me!!!!

stishboo_barb

Re: new user seeking info

Post by stishboo_barb » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:58 pm

well u can by self muleing but u got to hav both patches on hand its pretty complacated but ne ways y would u want tooo u know u can't use battle. net

stishboo_barb

Re: got a request from a newbie (me) :)

Post by stishboo_barb » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:08 pm

yeah ur right srry i was thinking of aldurs lol oopsies

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: dazed and confused about a part in ccm 4

Post by Volf » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:56 pm

Make shore you installed al the dll files.

Volf mod will be a patch version with several dlls

stishboo_barb

Re: dazed and confused about a part in ccm 4

Post by stishboo_barb » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:09 am

THANKS VOLF :)
]IT WORKED

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: CCM 4 in developement (cuberecipes updated)

Post by Volf » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:01 pm

CCm4 is about to get another update

A while ago i remember saying i wont be updateing ccm4 any time soon but i was fixing a bug and couldnt resist to do some damage:

New runewords in 1.4c

Splendor
Works in: 2 socket Circlets
Runes: Sur Rune + Hel Rune
Bonuses:
10-15% dmg to Cold Skills
15-30 Faster Cast Rate
10% Cold Damage Absorbing
5% Life Stolen Per Hit

Starlight
Works In: 2 sock Belt
Runes: Hel Rune + Tal Rune
Bonuses:
15% To Resist Fire
60-70%Enhanced Damage

Still Water

Works In: 3 sock Staves And Rods
Runes: Ist Rune + Sol Rune + Eth Ryne
Bonuses:
Attacker Takes Damage of 4
8 to Minimum Fire Damage
12 to Maximum Fire Damage
1 +To Fire Skill Levels

Duress
Works In: Any 4 sock Shield
Runes: Dol Rune + Thul Rune + Ith Rune + Vex Rune
Bonuses:
50+To Defense
50-100+To Attack Rating
Enhanced Damage +% 60-100
40% To Mana

Storm
Works In: 3 sock Barbarian Item
Runes: Lum Rune + Hel Rune + Gul Rune
Bonuses:
50+To Defense
50+% To Resist Poison
Enhanced Damage +% 75-100
Adds elemental damage 3-6

Tempest
Works In: Any 2 sock Armor
Runes: Amn Rune + Io Rune
Bonuses:
10 To Strength
200-250 Enhanced Defense %
20 Faster Cast Rate
2% Mana Stolen Per Hit

Temptation
Works in: 2 sock Charm
Runes: Tir Rune + Ith Rune
Bonuses:
10+To Attack Rating
9+To Maximum Damage

Terror
Works in: 3 sock Charm
Runes: Tal Rune + Ko Rune + Pul Rune
Bonuses:
10+ to All Stats
10 Faster Hit Recovery
10+To Minimum Damage
5+% to Damage

Nightfall
Works in: 3 sock Charm
Runes: Amn Rune + Ko Rune + ccm4 Rune
Bonuses:
15-20 + To Fire Damage
50-80 Enhanced Damage +%
3+To Dexterity

-------------------------------------------------------
Also a,, lets say small cosmetic change but you have to wait and se if you notice it

This version will be releaseed today or tomorrow,, i just need to do some testing first

Edit:
CCM4 1.4c is out
i added 2 more runewords
Oath
Works In: 4 sock Weapon
Runes: ccm2 + ccm5 + ccm7 + Gul Rune
Bonuses:
150+ Lightning Damage
20% Lower Requirements
30% Chance of Deadly Strike
4%dual-leech
Enhanced Damage +%190-230
50+To Maximum Damage

Obedience
Works in: 2 sock Orbs
Runes: ccm1 + Zod Rune
Bonuses:
10%dual-leech
10+To Energy
10% Mana Regeneration
Level 10 Cleansing aura when equipped

Download CCM4 1.4c
Last edited by Volf on Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Havent forgotten about ccm

Post by Volf » Sun May 02, 2004 9:26 pm

Even thou im concentrateing mostly on volf mod,, i have once again gathered meny ideas that have no place in my main mod so there will be a ccm5,,,
ccm5 will have a differnt name and changes will be mostly added runewords, uniques a few sets and ofcourse some new areas and cuberesipes related to sets...

Also the old new areas will be changed,, well nor realy the areas but the bosses will become stronger and their dropps will make more sense.

CCM5 wont be developed at high speed in a few days like the other ccm versions were made,,,, i will work on it now and then during the summer and hopefully release it before the end of summer..
However i have made a bugfix so i will release ccm4 1.4d wery soon but there are no aditional changes, just the bug fixes.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: CCM 4 Updates

Post by Volf » Thu May 13, 2004 11:21 am

ccm4 1.4d - Bug releated to new stat fixed, bug with summoning 2 shadow masters fixed.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

CCM5 Developement

Post by Volf » Fri May 21, 2004 10:43 pm

Well i have gotten some work done on this one..
Al the Ancient bossess in sinners cavern are alot more difficult,, they now spawn with random nasty auras and other abilitys that will crush most characters at first attempt.

If you do manage to kill them you will get your reward:
The Ancients dropp special items that can be enhanced and built up to suite your characters needs,,,,
Here is a screenie of the Ancient Uniques and the first modifyer item
http://www.volf.biz/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=38

CCM5 will be out before the end of this summer

dbzlotrfan
Paladin

Post by dbzlotrfan » Fri May 21, 2004 11:49 pm

Nice job volf. :)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: CCM5 Developement

Post by Hades » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:37 pm

Look's good Volf.Keep up the great work.
Nuff said
Hades :reallyscary:
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

I_R_N00B

sorry to bug you guys but i need to know

Post by I_R_N00B » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:58 pm

how do i install the CCM mod =/ i really don't know how

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: sorry to bug you guys but i need to know

Post by Volf » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:34 am

Go to your diablo folder and make a backup copy of the folowing files ,
patch_d2.mpq
D2gfx.dll
D2Common.dll
D2Client.dll
D2Game.dll
best to keep the bacup copy in a differen folder outside the diablo2 folder.
Copy the patch_d2.mpq and the dll's that came with this zip to your diablo2 folder.
Start the game and have fun!

Note You need to have diablo2 expansion and 1.10 patch installed to play this mod!

beatngu

Re: CCM Bug reports

Post by beatngu » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:02 am

I got a problem with CCM4. It says to backup those files and i do and then it says to put the zip files into the diablo 2 folder and i do but i have to rename them because it won't let me replace the original files and i start it up and the mod don't work so i exit and try to delete the original files that i backed upand it won't let me. it tells me access denied. i'm {filtered}. really {filtered}. please, i really want to use ur MOD because it seems rockin so please help!!! :cry: i don't want to have to smash my {filtered} computer :firedevil:

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:24 am

Sounds to me like you have diablo2 running when you are installing.. close d2 when you install.

beatngu

Post by beatngu » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:18 pm

wait so don't have diablo 2 running while i copy the files into the diablo 2 folder? ok that's a good idea.......HEY! it works! HOORAAH!!!! :mrgreen: :) :D thanks a lot!

BorgKing

Post by BorgKing » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:52 am

Version: CCM4d
Error Message: none, didn't get to capture it(stupid me).
Problem: Sinners Cavern. I finally got strong enough to kill Diablo(Ancient) in it, and I killed him and I crashed(the screen turned black and froze for a couple seconds, then I started pushing keyboard buttons and it went to desktop), for some reason. Maybe someone else has had this problem?

Error Message: none
Problem: I can't make runewords in Set Items. I've done runewords in uniques, and I haven't tried runewording rares(no point, none are good enough). I tried making Delirium -> Immortal King Helmet, didn't work. Also tried making Breath of the Dying -> Immortal King Hammer, didn't work either. I'm guessing you can't make runewords in sets(even though it says you can).

Suggestions/Requests:
-Enable the ladder-only cube recipes? Like, I want to upgrade the base Martel de Fer(unique) to base Thunder Maul.
I believe the recipe currently is Pul + Lum + Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique = Same Unique Stats but base item is made into Elite form.
Make it the same as the Set Item upgrading recipes. At least we'll be able to upgrade to elite. =D

-Love the cow level... except cows drop too much stuff! :)

-The Dark Side of Kurast is cool. Maybe make a Dark Side of Every town(extend A1, A2, A4, and A5 a little bit).

I started 2 days ago, now my barbarian is level 78 and he's alot of fun! Very Fun and I am actually enjoying playing 1.10, haha. :)
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your vessels. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:19 pm

Error Message: none, didn't get to capture it(stupid me).
Problem: Sinners Cavern. I finally got strong enough to kill Diablo(Ancient) in it, and I killed him and I crashed(the screen turned black and froze for a couple seconds, then I started pushing keyboard buttons and it went to desktop), for some reason. Maybe someone else has had this problem?
Havent got any reports of sush a problem before,, also tested a few minutes ago and it worked,,,
Still could be a very rare bug or the crash might have been caused by something else,,
If it happens again,, please look in to the log and copy the error message (do this right after the crash)

Error Message: none
Problem: I can't make runewords in Set Items. I've done runewords in uniques, and I haven't tried runewording rares(no point, none are good enough). I tried making Delirium -> Immortal King Helmet, didn't work. Also tried making Breath of the Dying -> Immortal King Hammer, didn't work either. I'm guessing you can't make runewords in sets(even though it says you can).
Runrwords dont work in ccm4,, they were supposed to but there was a bug so the feature was removed in ccm4b
Runewords do work in magic,rare,crafted and uniques
Suggestions/Requests:
-Enable the ladder-only cube recipes? Like, I want to upgrade the base Martel de Fer(unique) to base Thunder Maul.
I believe the recipe currently is Pul + Lum + Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique = Same Unique Stats but base item is made into Elite form.
Make it the same as the Set Item upgrading recipes. At least we'll be able to upgrade to elite. =D
Al ladder recipes work in single player and also in ccm4 sense I have not disabled them :D
-Love the cow level... except cows drop too much stuff!

-The Dark Side of Kurast is cool. Maybe make a Dark Side of Every town(extend A1, A2, A4, and A5 a little bit).

I started 2 days ago, now my barbarian is level 78 and he's alot of fun! Very Fun and I am actually enjoying playing 1.10, haha.
Yes the cows dropp to mush,, this is coz the first ccm was a simple dropp and gamble mod,, however in ccm5 im trying to take the mod to another direction,, you wont find items as easily and the gambling will change,, I have aslo made some new levels and I propably will make more,, how mush will depend on how mush free time I will have..

Also in ccm5 runewords will work in set items..

Thanks for the feedback and if you get the crash again please let me know

Ligh7ning

[CCM4] stripped uniques?

Post by Ligh7ning » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:21 pm

Hey there, i think i have a minro problem.

I've been playing this mod since today, everything worked as it is supposed to worka dn all.

but after spending some time in the game i have found 3 uniques without any stats on it, is this a bug or some kind of recipe or something?? :X

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: [CCM4] stripped uniques?

Post by Volf » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:49 pm

The monster who dropped the item was not high enough and the item only has a unique version but sense the monster cant dropp the unique it dropps an empty item instead.. If you find the same item in nightmare or hell it will have stats.

To aswer your question,, no it is not a bug but the uniques you find in norm without stats are worthless. Was gonna make resipes so that you could have upgraded them when you reash hell but I never did.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

CCM Series [Merged threads}

Post by Volf » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:56 pm

To keep the board a bit more organised I have merged al threads related to ccm in to this thread.

CCm4 Faq Gathered from this thread.

Q: I found a unique without stats
A: The monster who dropped the item was not high enough and the item only has a unique version but sense the monster cant dropp the unique it dropps an empty item instead.. If you find the same item in nightmare or hell it will have stats.

[color=00FF00]To aswer your question,, no it is not a bug but the uniques you find in norm without stats are worthless. Was gonna make resipes so that you could have upgraded them when you reash hell but I never did.[/color]
----------------

Q: How do i install the CCM4
A: Go to your diablo folder and make a backup copy of the folowing files ,
patch_d2.mpq
D2gfx.dll
D2Common.dll
D2Client.dll
D2Game.dll
best to keep the bacup copy in a differen folder outside the diablo2 folder.
Copy the patch_d2.mpq and the dll's that came with this zip to your diablo2 folder.
Start the game and have fun!

Note You need to have diablo2 expansion and 1.10 patch installed to play this mod!

----------------

Q: When I try to enter one of the new levels I get an Assertion failure
A: Make shore you installed al the dll files.
----------------

Q: I got a problem with CCM4. It says to backup those files and i do and then it says to put the zip files into the diablo 2 folder and i do but i have to rename them because it won't let me replace the original files.
A:Sounds to me like you have diablo2 running when you are installing.. close d2 when you install.
----------------

Q: Problem: I can't make runewords in Set Items.A: Runewords dont work in ccm4,, they were supposed to but there was a bug so the feature was removed in ccm4b
Runewords do work in magic,rare,crafted and uniques

----------------
Last edited by Volf on Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cheater's Choice Series”