D2 Updating

Discuss applications of D2Mod (v1.10), NefEx (v1.11+), and PlugY, and post suggestions for future plugins.

Moderators: Nefarius, Yohann, SVR

Raptor22

D2 Updating

Post by Raptor22 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:26 am

Hope this is a good place to ask this question.

I re-installed D2/LOD (with the Ancestral Recall mod and PlugY) from the original CDs. This means the game was installed as V1.7.

I downloaded and updated (to v1.10) LOD. Connected AR and Plug Y, and everything works fine.

However, I did notice it was kind of dark (running under W10/Edge). Tried to run the video test again, but it wouldn't even load (I did run it before upgrading to v1.10). Further, when I get a large(r) group of enemies on the screen, such as when you kill Bloodraven, and some of the groups out in the different areas, everything slows down to a point where it's almost impossible to play. Everything moves very slowly, and it's hard to aim weapons and fire. Nice lag lol.

I think what happened is I made a mistake when I upgraded to v1.10 - I upgraded LOD, and didn't think about upgrading D2. Can I go back and upgrade D2 now without having any adverse reactions from the game (hopefully, if I can the vid test will run then). Is it even necessary?

Thanks for your input.

Forgot to mention, the Gamma bar, and the other bar (dark/Lighter ??) don't have any effect and don't work.

R

Texalic
Paladin

Re: D2 Updating

Post by Texalic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:06 pm

:scratchhead: :scratchhead:

From what I remember, you didn't had to update diablo 2 before updating the game to LoD.

Now, if it is dark in the game, that suggest me that your video mode is set either to DDraw or D3D where I think that you don't have a glide on your PC, right?

Now why do you have lag I don't know - I think that one of those options are also bad for me, but I suggest you to try to run the game with glide - everything will look a lot better and run better...

...now you can download glide files only:
Put this in the root of the game folder, near game.exe - after this you will need to run D2VidTst.exe file so you can choose glide as an option.
http://www.svenswrapper.de/gl32ogl14e.zip

Or you can just install D2SE Modmanager as it was already suggested to you in other topic, it allows you to have multiple mods installed on your PC, this will also install glide files on your PC. - try first option, we can do this one later.
http://d2se.org/d2se/D2SE_V2.2.0.exe

About D2VidTst.exe file, make sure that compatibility is set to windows XP - SP3 and run as admin can help, run it now and see if you can choose glide as an option, if D2VidTst doesn't open you can delete registry keys related i.e. VideoConfig, sometimes that works if D2VidTst.exe doesn't want to run, backup registry first before deleting certain key.

If you are able to run D2VidTst and were able to choose glide, game should work, you will notice that the colors are a lot better now.

You also have glide.exe with various options which can be modified to your need but for that you have read me file provided with glide.

I guess that is it, just ask more questions if needed. :mrgreen:

Raptor22

Re: D2 Updating

Post by Raptor22 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:30 pm

Thank you, will try tonight.

Note: I didn't want to install the D2SE game manager because I was only playing the Teknokyo mod and had no plans to try something else. I'm with Verizon DSL (USA East Coast), and for months the lag has been terrible. I usually play on-line games (i.e., WoW, ESO, Rift, etc.), but get locked out by lag for hours at the time (sometimes all day), and D2 is my backup go-to game.

For example, this morning my latency was 75 (in WoW), played for about 45 minutes and then the latency shot up to over 6000, making the game completely unplayable.

Return to “PlugY|NefEx|D2Mod”