[1.10]New D2ModPlugins

Discuss applications of D2Mod (v1.10), NefEx (v1.11+), and PlugY, and post suggestions for future plugins.

Moderators: Nefarius, Yohann, SVR

100%

Total votes: 1

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

[1.10]New D2ModPlugins

Post by dav92 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi,

I've written a couple of D2ModPlugins recently and now I want to release them, so everybody can use them.

The plugins were only tested with v1.03 of the D2ModSystem, but should work with every version.

D2AddSkill
Create spellbooks, like in D1.

D2DC6
Your monster or object animations are in DC6? Then just use this plugin.

D2ExpRes
The biggest plugin I've written. It allows you to change the resolutions, that are used ingame. But you have to do more than just changing the resolution. Every panel, every button or text needs to be changed by you. This can be done through the D2ExpRes.ini which comes with this plugin.
If you want to use this plugin together with the GlideWrapper, you have to use the following version:
Glide
Some virus scanner will tell you that the D2ExpRes.dll is a virus/trojan horse, but that's only a false positive.
Could conflict with the following plugins: 4th Skill Page Plugin, Skill Tree Plugin v1.3, Utility Plugin, PlugY

D2ExtendedMercV2 UPDATED
Makes your hireling completely equipable and allows you to add merc only items.
Could conflict with the following plugins: Utility Plugin, Hireling PlugIn v2.02
02.08.2011:Fixed the bug that the "merc-only"-string wasnt'd displayed at sets

D2KillCounter
This plugin allows you to add a value to a stat after each kill. It doesn't matter if you kill the monster, your minions do it or your merc. You could also add more than one kill counter, for example one for weak and one for strong monsters.

D2NewStats
Let's you display new stats in the charscreen.
The color-fields are for values only, not for the color codes.
Could conflict with the following plugins: PlugY

D2NPCs
Nearly every modder wants to do this, but not everyone was able to. Now it is no problem anymore: Add new and modify existing NPCs. It doesn't matter if they are vendors, gamblers or hires. Everything's possible.
If you get any error, then please double check your entries. Be also aware of that you have to add a new line to Npc.txt for new vendors.

D2RedPortal
Adds a new pSpell which allows you to open a RedPortal from a specific level to another level.

D2SmallUtility v1.01
Since the old UtilityPlugin doesn't work with some of my plugins, I've decided to write my own. If you want other simple features, then tell me, maybe I'm going to add them.
Could conflict with the following plugins: Utility Plugin, Stat Fix Plugin

D2Spawn
Adds a new pSpell which allows you to spawn monsters and SuperUniques through an item.

D2StashScroll
Adds another new pSpell which gives you access to your stash through using an item.

D2Towns
Allows you to add new towns and spawn points.
05.12.2010: Added missing information to it.

That's all for now. If you need help, just post here. I'm going to help you as good as I can.

If you want, I could post the edits which need to be done in order to get some of the features.

These plugins were tested both in SP and MP, if you get crashes just tell me what you have done and post the important lines of your debug log.

Greetings
Dav92

Edit: Updated some of the links to point to the plugins with updated ReadMe for credits.
Added some plugins that could conflict with my plugins.
Last edited by dav92 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: [1.10]New D2ModPlugins

Post by Necrolis » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:25 pm

There is already a killcounter plugin, and an addskill plugin, if these are updated versions please state as much(or name them version 2) else we're going to have even more confusion than with the waypoints plugin. Also how did you make these plugins if the sdk requires private access which you don't have... Other than that, wd on making some new plugins. Edit: also, I don't think Nefarius would appreciate not being mentioned in the credits of a few of the plugins that are based on his code and research(mainly the npc and town ones). And seeing as you state some plugins clash, you should state the exact ones, else people are gonna send you useless errors left right and center
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:33 pm

The killcounter and addskill plugins are completely different from the ones, that are already posted. I've named them D2... to prevent the confusion.
Also how did you make these plugins if the sdk requires private access which you don't have
You don't need the SDK for making new plugins. I've just studied how D2Mod loads the existing plugins and created my plugins from that. But I think the D2Mod SDK was created for use with the programming language C, but I have used HLA for creating all the plugins.
Other than that, wd on making some new plugins.
Thx.
also, I don't think Nefarius would appreciate not being mentioned in the credits of a few of the plugins that are based on his code and research(mainly the npc and town ones)
You are right, I'll change it asap, they are really based on his research.
And seeing as you state some plugins clash
Will also be done asap.

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:37 pm

These ones are something great man.I've been desperately needing something like few of them.
I'm happy to see people's still are developing D2Mod.Keep up the good work.

We're looking forward for more Plugins avaliable.

Greetings ;]

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey !

Really nice plugins here ! I wanted some of thems since so much time ^^

By the way, just some questions :
With the Addskill plugin, can you allow an item to only add a skill if you don't have already learned an other one ? I'm trying to do that with the SpellBook plugin but it seems to no work. Maybe you'r plugin can do the job ^^

I'm glad to see a Killcounter plugin that work even if minions and hireables do the kill. So bad you cant have display messages like the other KillCounter plugin we have. Do you plan to do this in a future update ?

Once again, really nice plugins ;)

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:30 pm

With the Addskill plugin, can you allow an item to only add a skill if you don't have already learned an other one ? I'm trying to do that with the SpellBook plugin but it seems to no work.
So far my plugin can't do that, but it's an interesting point. I am going to add that in the next update.
So bad you cant have display messages like the other KillCounter plugin we have. Do you plan to do this in a future update ?
Maybe I will add that with the next update, too.

inferno-hero
Champion of the Light

Post by inferno-hero » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:21 am

i have a couple questions....

D2NewStats: is this the same setup as PlugY (ex: the different pages) or does this use the main page.

D2Towns: does this have an option to split the area into a town/area... for example creating an arena, crossing a line into hostile territory.

D2AddSkill: i assume since you cant add the skill without learning the prerequisite. then you cant use non-class specific books?

i would test these out myself, but it seems that a lot of them conflict with plugins i already have.
Necrolis wrote: Wtf this needs no code.
WTF you n00bs!!!
Short Answer: NO
The Forgotten: In The Making
The Forgotten
Read the TERMS OF SERVICE before posting!!!

nightshade00123
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by nightshade00123 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:09 am

Oh man is that good news, greeeeaaat job on all the pluggins. I can't wait to try them all.

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:31 am

D2NewStats: is this the same setup as PlugY (ex: the different pages) or does this use the main page.
It uses the main page.
D2Towns: does this have an option to split the area into a town/area... for example creating an arena, crossing a line into hostile territory.
No, so far not and it would be difficult to implement, I think.
D2AddSkill: i assume since you cant add the skill without learning the prerequisite. then you cant use non-class specific books?
The skill will only be saved it is a class specific skill. You can add up to four skills, which have to be on at least lvl X. As written before, I will add calc-fields, so that you could do something like that: Only add a skill if skill X is NOT skilled.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Ok, did some tests with the D2ExpRes plugin :

Work really good as I can see. I've constated the following :
- Plugy seems to work with it. Shared / Infinite / Gold shared work witout problem. You only need to reposition the buttons. New stats windows don't work, but don't crash. The stat windows is just freezed and you need to hit escape to continue playing. That's not a problem considering your Newstats plugin :)

- As I thinked, 5thskilltree plugin cause a crash. However, it's not that important since you have so many room in the 3 tabs with the high resolution (6x12 skills per tab, total of 72 per tab and 216 per char, way enought). Just divide one tab into 2 and you'r done ;) That's like a 6th tab plugin !

Btw, is 6x12 skills the max we can have or can we have more by editing the D2ExpRez.ini ?

- Lastly, and sadly, the Waypoints plugin don't work well. It dosen't crash, but you get some bad graphics glitches, and the arrows to go to the next or previous pages added by the plugin are in the middle of the panel (see the picture at the end of the post). This is the only downside I've found with this plugin because we can't have more than 9 WP per act, and many mods used to have more.

But there is a lot more space on the waypoint panel, can it be possible to add the ability to add more wayponts like you did with skills ? In 1024x768, you can easily show 18 WP per page :)

I diden't see any other conflicts with the plugins I'm using, wich are :
PlugY=PlugY.dll
NewTxt = NewTxt.dll
Nosock=Nosock.dll
Utility = utility.dll
ExtLvl = extlvl.dll
; (cause graphics glitchs) Waypoints = Waypoints.dll
CustomTbl=CustomTbl.dll
LevelFX = levelFX.dll
D2ExtendedMerc=D2ExtendedMerc.dll
; (causes crash) SklTree=SklTree.dll
StatFix=StatFix.dll
SkillShort=SkillShort.dll
CharStart=CharStart.dll
LevelUp=LevelUp.dll
KillExp=KillExp.dll
Portal = Portal.dll
ScrollItem=ScrollItem.dll
SBook=SBook.dll
D2ExpRes=D2ExpRes.dll

All in all, very nice plugin ! Just the WP issue wich is a bit problematic, but still very interesting plugin ;)
Attachments
Screenshot001.jpg
Glich with the Waypoint plugin
(229.85 KiB) Downloaded 15425 times

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Xaphan" wrote: Btw, is 6x12 skills the max we can have or can we have more by editing the D2ExpRez.ini ?
Yes, for the moment it's the maximum, but I could easily add morw with the next version.
Xaphan" wrote:- Lastly, and sadly, the Waypoints plugin don't work well. It dosen't crash, but you get some bad graphics glitches, and the arrows to go to the next or previous pages added by the plugin are in the middle of the panel (see the picture at the end of the post). This is the only downside I've found with this plugin because we can't have more than 9 WP per act, and many mods used to have more.

But there is a lot more space on the waypoint panel, can it be possible to add the ability to add more wayponts like you did with skills ? In 1024x768, you can easily show 18 WP per page :)
That's a problem, but the next version will have it implemented, so that you can add new waypoints as you need.

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Xaphan: thats really interesting UI (iwd?) and act1 town part. Could you reveal some more screenshots? ;)
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:26 am

mirecek" wrote:Xaphan: thats really interesting UI (iwd?) and act1 town part. Could you reveal some more screenshots? ;)
I can, but not here and not right now. I may start to speak about my mod when it will be a bit more advanced, because there is still a lot to do before I can do a pre-release :) And yes it's Iwd based ;)

Back on topic, I think I've found a bug in the SmallUtility plugin, or it may be a conflict with an other plugin I'm using :
The spells icons never turn red (in the control panel, at each corner of the screen) when you use a skill that have a delay before it can be cast again (Meteor for exemple) or if you don't have enought mana to cast a spell. This is not a big issue however.

And maybe an other one with the StashScroll plugin :You can't open the Horadric Cube while you'r stash is opened, but only if you open the stash with an item (right click). Opending the stash by clicking on it in the town still allow to open the cube at the same time.

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:28 pm

The spells icons never turn red
You are right, I'll fix that with the next release.
You can't open the Horadric Cube while you'r stash is opened, but only if you open the stash with an item (right click).
That's intended, but maybe I will change that, too.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi, I've found a new bug with the SmallUtility plugin :

If you kill someone with a poison attack (in my case, a wand with poison damage on it), the game crash with an access violation. The bug only appear when the monster is poisonned (turn green) and is supposed to die while poisoned.

I think this has something to do with the "Burn damage now add xp" setting :)

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:27 pm

I'll look into it as soon as I have time. And you are right, the only possible cause of this is the burn damage thingy.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Hey ! Me again :)

Ok, just some questions :

- Doses the D2RedPortal and D2Towns plugins works if you cast a portal in or to a level with an ID greater than 255 ? Currently, with the extended levels plugin you can have 1000+ levels but TP and some objects (maybe waypoints too) just don't work in levels with an ID greater than 255.
If this work with your plugin, it may be a verry good thing ! ;)

- How to move the D2 Logo on the main and Trademark screen? It is not centered currently. I Did not found where it is in the D2Res.ini

- Is there a limit to the number of NPC you can create with the D2NPCs plugin ? If yes, how many ?

- Can you have a custom NPC showing the quest "!" in front of his head for exemple, a custom quest (even if it dosen't apear in the quest log) ? Not really needed, but can ecourage a player to click on the NPC.

- Can you add sound when clicking a custom NPC ? If you can, I've missed it ^^

Here is a very litle bug :

- With the NPC plugin, akara don't speak when you click on her (She usualy say things like "Hello", etc...)

That's all for now ;)

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:28 pm

- Doses the D2RedPortal and D2Towns plugins works if you cast a portal in or to a level with an ID greater than 255 ? Currently, with the extended levels plugin you can have 1000+ levels but TP and some objects (maybe waypoints too) just don't work in levels with an ID greater than 255.
If this work with your plugin, it may be a verry good thing ! ;)
To be honest, I haven't tested that. It would be up to you to test it.
- How to move the D2 Logo on the main and Trademark screen? It is not centered currently. I Did not found where it is in the D2Res.ini
You just need to change the X/Y Offset in the dc6s.
- Is there a limit to the number of NPC you can create with the D2NPCs plugin ? If yes, how many ?
I haven't build in a limit and I removed the limit of 64 NPCs by Blizzard, so there shouldn't be any limit.
- Can you have a custom NPC showing the quest "!" in front of his head for exemple, a custom quest (even if it dosen't apear in the quest log) ? Not really needed, but can ecourage a player to click on the NPC.
So far not, but it will be added with the next release.
- Can you add sound when clicking a custom NPC ? If you can, I've missed it ^^
Do you want such things like "Hello" or sounds to the speech?
There comes a new txt with the D2NPCs-plugin that allows adding new sound to the speech, like the gossip texts. If you want other messages like the "Hello", then I will look into it.
Edit:Just found the switch and the table for the things like "Hello", expanding it is an easy one.
- With the NPC plugin, akara don't speak when you click on her (She usualy say things like "Hello", etc...)
You are right, I am looking into it.
Edit: That's an easy fix, just change the "ukn5"-field of Akara in D2NPCFunc.txt to 1.

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Hello, dav92. These are some nice plugins you have here, I may use a few of them (such as towns, NPCS!!?, higher res, etc).

I have two questions:

1. You say that new NPCs can be hireling vendors. Will this work at all with Act 4, where there are none, or are you working on a plugin for this?

2. How do town portals work with the new towns? Do they send you to the closest town back, closest town forward/back, what?
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:10 pm

1. You say that new NPCs can be hireling vendors. Will this work at all with Act 4, where there are none, or are you working on a plugin for this?
It will work in all acts, but so far you are not able to add new hirelings, but this will be changed with the next version of my D2ExtendedMerc-Plugin.
2. How do town portals work with the new towns? Do they send you to the closest town back, closest town forward/back, what?
The town portals will send you to the town you have specified in D2SpawnTown.txt.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:39 pm

dav92" wrote:
You just need to change the X/Y Offset in the dc6s.
You are right, I am looking into it.
Edit: That's an easy fix, just change the "ukn5"-field of Akara in D2NPCFunc.txt to 1.
D2 Logo move work like a charm, thanks !

Will try to set unk5 to 1, thanks !
Edit : Done and works ;)

Here are, I think, 2 more bugs, with D2MultiRes this time :
On the [TCPIP] section of the ini, changing canY and canX don't seems to move the cancel button for me. Maybe that's a conflict with a code edit I've done (Clicking on other multiplayer on the main screen put you directly in the TCPIP scren in my mod.)
On the [TCPJoin] section, the fipY seems to not work, hovever, fipX works. Again, may be a conflict.

That's all for now, but it seems I'm slowing you with all theses bugs to make a new release ^^ Hope I don't slow you too much ;o

GeorgiaBoy
Champion of the Light
Turks & Caicos Is

Post by GeorgiaBoy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Xaphan" wrote:
If this work with your plugin, it may be a verry good thing ! :)
Hi Xaphan,

I have been unsuccessful in having over 255 total levels with afj's extended levels plugin (with or without town portal). I understand that it would take quite a bit of work to fix, so unless dav92 plans on releasing an additional plugin, the maximum number of levels will be 255 :(.

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

On the [TCPIP] section of the ini, changing canY and canX don't seems to move the cancel button for me. Maybe that's a conflict with a code edit I've done (Clicking on other multiplayer on the main screen put you directly in the TCPIP scren in my mod.)
On the [TCPJoin] section, the fipY seems to not work, hovever, fipX works. Again, may be a conflict.
I'll look into it.

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Only complaint I have with the ExpRes is that the menus look nothing at all like D2's. I'd be more likely to use it if it did. It's just a lot of work otherwise. :P
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:05 am

You have to use the D2ExpRes.ini to change the position of any element (button, string, etc...) in the game. It's up to you, you have the choice :)

Return to “PlugY|NefEx|D2Mod”