[Query] Joun stones? scrying glass?

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

No votes

Total votes: 0

boldie
Paladin

[Query] Joun stones? scrying glass?

Post by boldie » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:25 pm

any significant reason of them being there apart from wearing as a helmet? can you cube them to make something?

scrying glass "can be transmuted with any unmarked potion to learn its identity" what do you mean by unmarked?

ive collected alot of these in thinking they will be usefull in the futue, are they?

Boldie
victormink@msn.com

"there is no spoone" - the matricks

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:10 pm

Ioun stones are magical items from AD&D which float around your head when activated, hence they replace the helmet. They can be tri-cubed into other ioun stones. They make quite decent helmets for mercenaries though, as they are always ethereal. They are mainly there to add a little diversity to the helmet slot, just like the chromatic lenses etc. do for the shields.

As for the scrying glasses, they are very useful. In normal difficulty (and only on normal) you can buy the unmarked potions from Gheed. Normally you don't know what happens when you drink them, but you can cube 1 potion with a scrying glass and you know exactly what the potion does. These potions are very cool, as they can give permanent + to skills (maximum I've seen was a +3 skill potion), and + to attributes (maximum I've seen was +25 IIRC. +15 exists at least). Without the scrying glasses you run the risk of drinking bad potions, which can range from poison, curses, or permanent life/stat losses, which is something you might not want to have :).

I hope that clears things up for you.

Farseer Ulthrion

boldie
Paladin

Post by boldie » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:59 am

oh right, well i guess they would be good for mercenaries, if i were to use them ;) i guess ill just sell them all. is tri-cubing where you take 3 of the same and it makes another?

oh right i didnt know that gheed sold unmarked potions, ill chek it out.

thnx for helping man :mrgreen:

Boldie
victormink@msn.com

"there is no spoone" - the matricks

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:16 am

boldie";p="261045" wrote:oh right, well i guess they would be good for mercenaries, if i were to use them ;) i guess ill just sell them all. is tri-cubing where you take 3 of the same and it makes another?
tri-cubing is indeed taking three of the same kind and cubing it into one of another (like with gems and runes). As for their usefulness, I personally use the one that gives resist all for my mercenary on the lower levels. they are nice alternatives in normal and maybe nightmare. After that you should try to find some of the better sets and unique helms.
boldie";p="261045" wrote:thnx for helping man :mrgreen:
No problem.

Farseer Ulthrion

Return to “Pagan Heart”