Trade Posts :)

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

No votes

Total votes: 0

7w1573D M1nD

Trade Posts :)

Post by 7w1573D M1nD » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:42 pm

Ok people lets talk about business :D

Post here the things that U are looking for and your offers.
(sets, uniques , socketed , reagents , runes, charms etc... )

7w1573D M1nD

Re: Trade Posts :)

Post by 7w1573D M1nD » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:02 pm

As I see nobody here is interested in trading why is that ?? :-|
As I understand playin' tcp/ip game is impossible. But can't we at least create a game to trade in the town (if possible) or U all have all the runes sets, uniques,reagents and other stuff.... :?:
Just can't explain it to myself ?????

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:50 pm

I personally like to use only the stuff that I find, because finding things myself is what attracts me to this game.

Also, I don't know all the runes/uniques/sets etc. so I don't know what to look for (but then again, I much more like the thrill of finding that one item that I knew nothing about in the first place). Finally, I use up all my reagents except for the stamina-enhancing ones, so there is fairly little to trade.

Bottom line remains, the personal discovery of things is what attracts me to this mod/the game.

Farseer Ulthrion

7w1573D M1nD

Post by 7w1573D M1nD » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:55 pm

Ok

As I understand U don't want anything from me because U are interested in finding items by your own, so what will cost U sending your shared stash to me. I think nothing :?: I have already seen the runes and the reagents (except from 3 of them :( ) I am interested in seeing what are the bonuses of the sets and the unique items. I have alredy found about 10 sets ( fully collected ) about 20 sets (2-3 parts) and from the other I have only 1 item, 10 pages with unique items. If you dont believe me give me your E-mail and I'll send U my shared stash first to be sure I won't cheat U.

7w1573D M1nD

Post by 7w1573D M1nD » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:43 pm

As I read in the [trading] topic there are many people who are interested in trading and need some stuff. So why You all don't post your needs and offers here. I wonder if there are people still playing this mod.

Vlaeghor I think needed 4 socketed grand matron bow with 3 to bow and crossbow skills . I can give U 5 socketed :)

Someone need runes, reagents.... some parts of sets.
Please people ... If You still play just write something so I'll be sure You're still alive and gamin' :)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:53 pm

Firstly please refrain from double posting as that's against our ToS here, in future please edit your previous post instead.

As for the tradin stuff, you offered, Ulthrion (and presumably others) aren't interested. I completely agree with him still on not excepting stashes from others as it's not part of "his collection" but the same also works in reverse. He/we have spent countless hours running the UD or wherever and finally got those nice drops to be proud of (don't say this mod doesn't reward persistance) and the desire to just open up the "trophy cabinet" to someone to have a free for all rummage through just isn't there. Maybe I'm wrong but I see aquisitions as achievements not just a catalog of gear to be leafed through by whoever.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

7w1573D M1nD

Post by 7w1573D M1nD » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:13 am

1. That's not a double post. look at the date/hour of my posts.
2. U can try produce your shoes (spend hours on that so that you can be proud of them :) ) except from buying them from the shop.
3. Have you ever played in a game called MULTIPLAYER ??? ( U dont have to answer me ).
4. At least I understand what selfish people are playin' this mod.
5. I wonder why this forum is for ????? ( no runewords, no reciepes, no players to trade with, etc.. ) U can meet only peple who are talkin' how strong are their characters...
6. It was my mistake at first to start playing that mod ( By the way the mod is GRATE - for that I am serious )
7. I won't disturb you any more 'cause I'll start playing another mod where I can chat with more helpful and friendly people.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:06 am

7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:1. That's not a double post. look at the date/hour of my posts.
A double post means two consecutive posts - unless of course there is a few weeks or months in between posts in the same topic.
7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote: 4. At least I understand what selfish people are playin' this mod.
I haven't met any selfish people playing this mod. We've all helped each other in some way or another.

7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:5. I wonder why this forum is for ????? ( no runewords, no reciepes, no players to trade with, etc.. ) U can meet only peple who are talkin' how strong are their characters...
We don't except people to make the game any easier for us. Besides there are a slew of crafting recipes for using as tempered items in one of the topics in this forum. And I know I've seen some runewords mentioned in places too.

7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:6. It was my mistake at first to start playing that mod ( By the way the mod is GRATE - for that I am serious )
7. I won't disturb you any more 'cause I'll start playing another mod where I can chat with more helpful and friendly people.
Well, that's his loss.

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:15 am

7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:1. That's not a double post. look at the date/hour of my posts.
Well, since Phrozen is an admin on the site, I think that he knows what he is talking about. Note that the rules for double-posting (or when something is a double post) can differ very much from forum to forum.
7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:2. U can try produce your shoes (spend hours on that so that you can be proud of them :) ) except from buying them from the shop.

The fun of new shoes is walking around with them. The way you get the shoes has very little to do with the overall enjoyment. In the case of this game, the actual finding of items is the enjoyment while having them is not (it is only proof of what you have found). In this way, within this mod (and in my case, within the entire game), it's the finding of shoes that makes it interesting, not the wearing.
7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:3. Have you ever played in a game called MULTIPLAYER ??? ( U dont have to answer me ).
Yes, but only really on Battle.net. That means no copying of shared stashes. In addition, I only traded through a forum, which meant that everything I had was either found by me, or by someone on that forum (no public-trade items were allowed). As a result,the economy was very different.
If I would trade in this mod, then I would never have the same sense of value as I would have in the original multiplayer game, because I know nothing of the rarety of items, and in addition, I can copy my stash so that I can trade anything away.
Multiplayer is about overcomming enemies combined for me. The trading and sharing of items is a long-distant second. If that was what you were aiming at with this question.
7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:4. At least I understand what selfish people are playin' this mod.
Perhaps in your eyes. There is very little that I can do to change it other than saying that I enjoyed every hour of this mod. And that includes the hours spend while I had nothing and all the uniques weren't upgraded so that the only really useful ones were the ones that were left in here for the original. After many years, people (that includes me when I look back at my D2X time online) tend to forget that the levels 1-20 are also important to play through, and they can also offer you gaming pleasure. Instead, when I was playing online a lot, I only rushed new characters to be at the end of the game as fast as possible. That destroys a whole lot of the game in my opinion.
7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:5. I wonder why this forum is for ????? ( no runewords, no reciepes, no players to trade with, etc.. ) U can meet only peple who are talkin' how strong are their characters...
I'd suggest you take a look at the stickies. All the recipies for tempering items were collected by the community here and compiled by cc I believe. The same goes for most of the potion combining cubes. The runewords is in essence also something that the entire community has to do together if we want to have a chance at finding them. So far Phrozen has only given out a handful of the runewords and left the rest for discovery by us.

Also, the community is great for discussing builds and tactics to deal with certain enemies or areas. And then there is also the feedback threads. Feedback on the new versions of the mod. Feedback on the unique items. Feedback on just about everything.

This might not be what you are looking for in the community of a mod, but this is the way thus community has grown over time.
7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:6. It was my mistake at first to start playing that mod ( By the way the mod is GRATE - for that I am serious )
If you truely think that this is a great mod, then at least I have to disagree with you that it was a mistake to start it. I'd say give it a try. You'll get through the hard parts. You'll find some info on tempering in the stickies, you'll find some cool uniques and sets. You can get pretty powerful in this mod with only the stuff you find with a single character.
7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:7. I won't disturb you any more 'cause I'll start playing another mod where I can chat with more helpful and friendly people.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I personally try to be helpful when it comes to advice and tactics on character builds and defeating certain enemies. Just not when it comes to giving away the things that I spend hours getting.
But then again, if you don't enjoy yourself, then there is no real reason to stay. The game and all the mods are created for enjoyment first. If that's not he case, then there's no point in playing it.

Farseer Ulthrion

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:52 pm

A double post here is considered when posting consecutive messages in a relatively short period of time (such as a day or two) instead of editing the previous post. In your case, waiting 6 hours between posts is still double posting. While this isn't directly in our ToS, it's just common courtesy but since I asked you nicely and you decided to agrue anyway we can make this official if you'd prefer.
7w1573D M1nD";p="257128" wrote:7. I won't disturb you any more 'cause I'll start playing another mod where I can chat with more helpful and friendly people.
Please do and count yourself lucky that this borderline abusive behavior to a mini-community you know very little about didn't earn you a warning and/or removal from these forums. Causing trouble in a single forum here can and will lead to losing access to the site as a whole.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Return to “Pagan Heart”