[FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.96b Comments

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat May 21, 2005 2:58 am

Who knows ;) I'll rework the aura when I get around to it (hopefully soon) and do a bit of running around to see if it cuts out on me. Was it at intervals or just constant cutting out?
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Sat May 21, 2005 3:46 am

I think it was doing it in Intervals, It would be up for a few seconds, cut out for half a second or so, then go up again for a few seconds, cut out for half a second.
Kinda like that, I did't notice it when I first started using it, but in later when I needed to use it and started using it more I noticed it was doing this.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat May 21, 2005 7:15 pm

Let's hope it doesn't keep happening then ;)

I really do hate skills with a passion...

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Re: [FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.96b Comments

Post by Vhaeghar » Sat May 21, 2005 7:17 pm

we could remove every skill except melee and range attack? *wink*

of course then they'd probably get bugged.

on another note the dropping of unique/set amulets and rings still seems a little generous on where you get them from =)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat May 21, 2005 7:25 pm

[quote=Vhaeghar";p="225511"]we could remove every skill except melee and range attack? *wink*

of course then they'd probably get bugged.[/quote]
*wonders if the closet will hold Ulthrion AND Vhaeghar*

[quote=Vhaeghar";p="225511"]on another note the dropping of unique/set amulets and rings still seems a little generous on where you get them from =)[/quote]
That may have something to do with the drop/item levels being the same as their level requirement instead of a bit higher. I'll look into it...

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Sat May 21, 2005 7:41 pm

It's a sturdy closet ~_^

The most noticeable culprita are Mellinos' Wedding band (would be my fault ~_^) and most of the amulets/rings from the Faction leader sets.

They seem to drop early.

(i'm not going to mention Toraks stones... other than that man must have more bling than mr T the way he leaves it lying around for us to find)

=)

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Sat May 21, 2005 9:11 pm

Okay I know this isent the place for this but iv looked around this forum for awhile.
Where is the underdark?

From what iv been reading around its eather not ready yet, or not hard enough, or getting beefed up.

But I cant for the love of me find it lol.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat May 21, 2005 9:16 pm

It's the cave outside of the monastery ;) It DOES work but 0.97 has the beefed up version :D

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Sat May 21, 2005 9:38 pm

OH, I thought it was like in act 5 or something =P

Thnx for the Info.

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Sat May 21, 2005 11:50 pm

it's still pretty fun and good loot, even without the beef =)
Of course, you have to watch for floor 6. It can be dangerous even for our level 90+ powerhouses if you get a few mindflayer packs with conviction and fanat =)

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Sun May 22, 2005 1:56 am

Testing the poison resist aura it does not seem to be lowering my resists nemore, and its not poping on and off... Really strange because I used it alot in act 5 with my barb merc and it would flux but now its not doing it.

Yea underdark is a nice place great to get crafting reagents, I got a whole stash page full of reagents i just need to make a tempered item now....

I dont know if this is a bug or not but duriel's loot table seems pretty fuged up. Ill run at him in normal or nightmare and even with greed potions and magic find items He only drops gold and a blue. While andarial/meph/diablo/baal all will at least drop a rare with the stuff I have...

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun May 22, 2005 3:51 am

Fairly sure his drops are about the same as vanilla but I'm open to suggestions ;)

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Sun May 22, 2005 6:15 am

Well iv done every boss about 30 times in normal trying to get the new sets/uniques but i only seem to beable to find 1 peice of each set so i have like 20 set pieces but all of a diffrent set =P
The uniques I find are pretty good but they are not useful for a necro... I have been setting aside some assassin equipment tho for later.

Neways as I was saying, Duriel always seems to drop the same, Always gold + a blue. I guess maby Im just unlucky but even andarial has been dropping better than him and it gets kinda fishy.

And I dont mean to post repeated stuff like this in the comments part but im a forum junky and im just passing along my playing info. =P

Also for poison nova with a poison necro I made, there is a display error, not sure if its known or not just saying. =P
My poison for the skill tap will show like xxxx-xxxx damage over 2 seconds, while on the character sheet it shows a really low number like xx-xxx.

AND, Poison necro is hard to level up, with vanilla poison necro you at least had poison dagger to hold you off till you could do explosion, and those 2 to hold you off till nova.
But with the current skill set I gatta go barbarian necro with no skills on the mobs till im high enough for poison nova. Which was a really hard task to do.

Just passing along the info again :lol:

Guess its hard for a mod to replace some skills but forget about some builds which makes it really really hard on some builds. But It was still doable, I did have to sacrafice energy for vit/str/dex tho so I could survive =P :roll:

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Sun May 22, 2005 9:20 am

[quote=Nevbo";p="225577"]Well iv done every boss about 30 times in normal trying to get the new sets/uniques but i only seem to beable to find 1 peice of each set so i have like 20 set pieces but all of a diffrent set =P[/quote]

I have a lot of sets which are missing 1 piece. I guess it's a matter of having a bit of luck, complete set bonusses aren't that great for nothing you know ;).

[quote=Nevbo";p="225577"]The uniques I find are pretty good but they are not useful for a necro... I have been setting aside some assassin equipment tho for later.[/quote]

Depending on the type of necro build I think, as I've found a few decent necro-items so far (although I don't remember what they were, as I usually don't play necro's).

[quote=Nevbo";p="225577"]Neways as I was saying, Duriel always seems to drop the same, Always gold + a blue. I guess maby Im just unlucky but even andarial has been dropping better than him and it gets kinda fishy.[/quote]

All I can say is: get used to it. It was this way in vanilla LoD. I even had a town portal scroll drop on my first duriel kill on hell once (that means: all his drops were 1 town portal scroll). Andariel almost always drops better than Duriel, has always been that way, will (probably) always bethat way.

[quote=Nevbo";p="225577"]AND, Poison necro is hard to level up, with vanilla poison necro you at least had poison dagger to hold you off till you could do explosion, and those 2 to hold you off till nova.
But with the current skill set I gatta go barbarian necro with no skills on the mobs till im high enough for poison nova. Which was a really hard task to do.[/quote]

I don't know too much about necro's, but from what I've seen on Battle.net, most poison necro's use a goo dmix of minions too, so you could focus on those until you get poison nova.

Farseer Ulthrion

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Sun May 22, 2005 11:41 am

Duriel just really sucks and always have. i don't think i've ever had anything good off him, in either vanilla, LoD or a mod =)

as for the sets theres a lot of sets around (and more coming ~_^) so its hard to complete them. There is a low level necro set going in next patch which isn't awful, so look out for that =)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon May 23, 2005 1:10 am

Well much swearing I've concluded that I still hate skills with a passion :x

Re: Resist Poison - Hidden passive didn't work the first few times but I may take another look before the next release.

Re: Poison Nova - I see what you mean, no freakin idea...

Re: Duriel - Pumped his drops up a little (trying to avoid another "Demogorgon") and PR has done three tests in NM and one in normal with good results so after a few more tests, he'll be a confirmed "modification".

Re: Everything Else - Braindead today so I'll re-read the last few posts later :D

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Mon May 23, 2005 9:43 am

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="225685"]Re: Duriel - Pumped his drops up a little (trying to avoid another "Demogorgon") and PR has done three tests in NM and one in normal with good results so after a few more tests, he'll be a confirmed "modification".[/quote]

I don't Demogorgon is that bad. The only problem I have with him is that he is fire enchanted, which means he'll blow up once you kill him, which has already killed me while I had 5.5K life (I hate fire enchanted enemies with a passion ;)). But I think that is more a problem that I have with fire enchanted corpse explosions, than with anything else.

Ow yeah, there was this unique or set item (can't remember which one, I'll look it up once I have the time) that had a x% change of casting the frozen minion from the sorceress cold skills. This used to be just a cold blast firing, but with the summoning of a minion, it can be really odd, as that means that any such minions already in the game get killed, which can make it rather useless. Anyway, I probably should have left this comment for when I am at home, because this is probably a bit vague.

Farseer Ulthrion

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Mon May 23, 2005 12:19 pm

5.5K life? you and cc have a really bad habit for making my character feel small and feeble =(

as for fire enchanted enemies the rtick is good fire abosrb and phys/magic damage reduce =)

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Mon May 23, 2005 12:58 pm

[quote=Ulthrion";p="225743"]I don't Demogorgon is that bad. [/quote]
I think Phrozen meant Demogorgon's drops about ten patches ago, where he would drop like 5 uniques everytime and magic/rare stuff was as probable as the cracked sash from baal hell.

[quote=Ulthrion";p="225743"]Ow yeah, there was this unique or set item (can't remember which one, I'll look it up once I have the time) that had a x% change of casting the frozen minion from the sorceress cold skills. This used to be just a cold blast firing, but with the summoning of a minion, it can be really odd, as that means that any such minions already in the game get killed, which can make it rather useless. Anyway, I probably should have left this comment for when I am at home, because this is probably a bit vague.
[/quote]
The set voulge if I remember correctly. In vanilla it's called Hwanin's something, in PH it's a very long name starting with A that's impossible to remember.

[quote=Ulthrion";p="225588"]I have a lot of sets which are missing 1 piece. I guess it's a matter of having a bit of luck, complete set bonusses aren't that great for nothing you know ;). [/quote]
Anyone else managed to complete the Shangalar's Power set? I'm still drooling about those boni. ;) If only I would have tempered a pair of boots instead of gloves at the beginning.

[quote=Vhaeghar";p="225549"]it's still pretty fun and good loot, even without the beef =)
Of course, you have to watch for floor 6. It can be dangerous even for our level 90+ powerhouses if you get a few mindflayer packs with conviction and fanat =)
[/quote]
Danger? Where? ;)

[quote=Vhaeghar";p="225516"]The most noticeable culprita are Mellinos' Wedding band (would be my fault ~_^) and most of the amulets/rings from the Faction leader sets.
They seem to drop early.
(i'm not going to mention Toraks stones... other than that man must have more bling than mr T the way he leaves it lying around for us to find)
[/quote]
If I remember correctly, the Wedding band and Toraks stone are at least the same base item bracelet, so at least Toraks drops have gone down slightly. Even if it means that I've got enough Wedding bands to propose to a harem. ;)
It's been a while since I've been in normal, but is the Mithykyl's Mind Games amulet still dropping in act1 normal? In hell I haven't seen one since the introduction of Ambar's Godhood I think, that second set necklace of low lvl req seems to have remedied that culprit of having dozens of lvl80 set amus.

[quote=Vhaeghar";p="225511"]we could remove every skill except melee and range attack? *wink*
of course then they'd probably get bugged.
[/quote]
We could also just make on big friendly happening sitting together with all those lovely hell spawns and singing songs from the 60ties. :)

I've found a second Lifesever unique charm and to my amazement I could hold two of them in my inventory at once. Coult those be made like Nightdrifter that it's one max? Multiple Lifesevers seem to be pushing it.

Any results regarding my question about 4 socket shields? Please make me happy and say that Scrying Ward can get 4 sockets. ;)
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon May 23, 2005 1:14 pm

RE: Frozen Servant - Just checked and that issue exists on two uniques Frostwyrm and Cyanstrike) as one set item (Amelyssan's Stave). I'll figure something to replace them with.

RE: Demogorgon - Yep cc got what I meant.

RE: Shangalar's Power - Well he was a fairly decent fight in BG2 ;)

RE: Multiple Charms - Not quite sure what's going on there as all set charms (including the new familiars) are set to be one each...

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Mon May 23, 2005 1:51 pm

*cries*

bugger... nerfing the nightsever would make me cry, as i use 3 of them =( oh well, life is cruel =(

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Mon May 23, 2005 5:32 pm

[quote=Vhaeghar";p="225761"]5.5K life? you and cc have a really bad habit for making my character feel small and feeble =([/quote]

You can get Battle Orders on your weapon switch with an ancient war horn easily (and use the regis' set weapon for +skills), and a potion of constitution for another massive boost of life. 5.5K life is attainable then for a combat class.

[quote=Vhaeghar";p="225761"]as for fire enchanted enemies the rtick is good fire abosrb and phys/magic damage reduce =)[/quote]

All I know is that I had 95% fire resistance then, don't know what physical resistance/fire absorb I had.

[quote=cc";p="225766"]I think Phrozen meant Demogorgon's drops about ten patches ago, where he would drop like 5 uniques everytime and magic/rare stuff was as probable as the cracked sash from baal hell.[/quote]
ahh figures.

[quote=cc";p="225766"]Anyone else managed to complete the Shangalar's Power set? I'm still drooling about those boni. ;)[/quote]

Yep ... drool. I couldn't believe all the boni that get from that set.

[quote=cc";p="225766"]If only I would have tempered a pair of boots instead of gloves at the beginning.[/quote]

So? Start a new temepered item. I started a new temepered helm because I had too many mods on the old one (the crown name, durability and defense are no longer displayed). It's a shame to see those mods be gone, but it's still an option to just start a new one.

Farseer Ulthrion

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Mon May 23, 2005 7:06 pm

resist doesnt seem to do anything to stop the blast, but if you have a bit of absorb it trends to leave you alive on 1 life ~_^

I have two bits of shonglors... i guess i need more =)

Strange thing with the tempred items. as i improve existing mods, without adding more stuff, the letters gradually disintegrate =)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue May 24, 2005 7:07 pm

That's why you don't overstock existing ones ;)

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Tue May 24, 2005 7:29 pm

i guess so. i use two tempred items and so far they are both just about readable =)

Return to “Pagan Heart”