[SPOILERS] Runeword testing

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Re: [SPOILERS] Runeword testing

Post by Vhaeghar » Fri May 13, 2005 2:06 pm

That lolth runeword looks the business. one question though. is spider nova and summon giant spider any good? =)

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Fri May 13, 2005 3:11 pm

Do you think Phrozen would program something that wouldn't be good? ;)

You probably won't kill hell Baal on players8 with one shot of it, but I liked it. And well, the runes can both be gambled for, so go ahead and waste two of them (perhaps with a better base item than I had available ;)) to look for yourself.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Fri May 13, 2005 4:06 pm

I suppose i can spare the runes... but as i'm pushing to try and get past rune level 58 it'll wound me... oh well. I wonder if the spider stacks with valkyrie as a summonable =)

i guess i'll have to wait and see!

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri May 13, 2005 6:38 pm

Lolth is actually one of my personal favorites and while it's not exactly godly, it packs a fair punch and anything that can summon a minion to distract powerful opponents for a even short period still has it's uses ;) As for stacking, some do, some don't, but you can figure that part out :D
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Tue May 17, 2005 10:04 am

I think I've waited long enough, so I'll put some more incentives out there for you:

Azazel: Anarchy + Petitioner in a shield
Mayonaka: Gnawing + Dark Energy in a sword
Graz'zt: Evisceration + Infernal Might in a helm

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Tue May 17, 2005 10:38 am

my god that graz'zt rune looks sexier than a flock of succubi!

summon balor... mmmmmm... balor *homer simpsonesque drooling!*

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue May 17, 2005 1:38 pm

AZAZEL
Azazel is a prominent member of the Baatoran hierarchy, equal in status to the lesser Baatoran nobles such as Mulciber. He has been in Baator for as long as anyone can remember, yet still retains his status as a fallen archon. His appearance is much like that of a deva, save for the defiant and angry expression he always wears. Nevertheless, his mood is so proud and arrogant that he is instantly distinguishable from any celestial. He carries at all times the Eye Standard, a large white banner bearing in steel green depiction of the three-armed eye symbol for Baator. He is often seen with the leaders of the plane on balconies at military rallies, and his standard is a potent symbol of dedication for aspiring baatezu. Azazel can never truly be killed, because he is made of a little of the proud, defiant spirit of the plane. If ever his physical form is destroyed, he returns unchanged within days. He is presently commander of the Company of the Eye Standard, a regiment of myriad baatezu named for his own fabled flag. Before that, he was involved with the Baatoran Science Ministry, a job which he passed on to his ancient ally Shemihazah.
MAYONAKA
Mayonaka wanders the domains of the Core, seeking out the greatest warriors in Ravenloft and challenging them to duels. While he hopes that he will die in such a match one day and thus be freed of his eternal curse, he has yet to meet anyone strong or skilled enough to defeat him.

He dresses himself in common robes that effectively conceal his oriental arms, armor, and features from the people that he encounters in his travels. Beneath his robes, he wears the armor of a samurai and carries an assortment of unusual weapons. Mayonaka stands just under seven feet tall and has the smooth build of a graceful athlete. His hair is short and dark, matching perfectly the endless night reflected in his midnight black eyes.

As an expert warrior, Mayonaka is a deadly opponent but with the abilities he gained as a vampire, he is almost unbeatable...
GRAZ'ZT
One of the most powerful demons in all the Abyss, Graz'zt is lord of three layers of that plane. He is a tall darkly handsome demon with shiny black skin and green, glowing eyes. Craz'zt dresses in regal finery, but his slightly pointed ears and yellow fangs mark him for the demon he is. Most striking of all are his digits: He has six ebony fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot.

Tales are told among common folk that a dark-skinned fiend sometimes visits witches and sorcerers, granting them both sexual favors and magical powers. Graz'zt is the truth of that legend. A deeply sexual, erotic being, the Dark Prince never goes anywhere without a retinue of female monsters-usually lamias, succubi, or mariliths. He is dangerously charming and seductive, and he speaks with such eloquence and grandeur chat one might think him a devil, not a demon.

Graz'zt has long been in a state of war with both Demogorgon and Orcus. At one point he had the upper hand in this conflict, but he was suddenly summoned to the Material Plane by Zagyg, the mad archmage. There, he was imprisoned and subjugated until he was able to win his freedom at the cost of being imprisoned on his own plane for a time. No one knows if he is still under the restriction or not-and he is certainly not telling.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:02 pm

Doubleposting as it's been a few weeks :)

Everyone got bored of runeword testing? You guys were on a streak for a while there...

Angelic - Ilmater = Mace + Rune of Cleansing + Rune of Resolve

Draconic - Nizidramanii'yt = Shield + Rune of Retribution + Rune of Diligence

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:18 pm

nice runewords. ~_^

I daresay that will renew our enthusiasm =)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:14 pm

Waiting... ;) Remember there's 10 more in this next patch :twisted:
(I'll probably add in-game clues eventually)

Tretas

Post by Tretas » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:30 am

Most of the runewords seem to use only two runes.
I have a lot of 3-4-5 sockets stuff, so are there any runewords that use more than 3 sockets?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:47 am

Nope all runewords are two runes (75% ish) or three runes (25% ish). The 4s and 5s could be a nice home to some divine gems or rare jewels :D

Sloth

Post by Sloth » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:17 pm

Wow, this thread hasn't been updated in nearly a month oO. I was wondering since the runeword hunts are painfully slow to hunt up without much in the way of clues if it were possible to add clues for us either here or in game? I believe it was mentioned already.. but i wanted to bring it up again..

By helpful clues i mean something that helps us narrow down the possibilities of where the runes are placed. By maybe telling us just the equipment in which they are placed? For example: we all know the basics; 10 rune words per rune-set (angelic, demonic..etc). But after that is pretty much touch and go. So why not list like (purely example): 2 Swords, Barbarian only helms, shield, 2 armors, Axes, Mace, Spear - are used in say.. Gnomish Runewords..

We would -still- have the fun of guessing the runes and placement but with a little bit more to go by. Just a thought ^_^ I've failed a good.. oh.. 50 attempts and just got frustrated lol. Honestly, i respect those who have that kind of patience to test 100's upon 100's of failures oO.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:13 pm

As runewords as so slow to add (at least well themed ones), the idea was to make each discovery fairly monumental which is why I was so surprised by the sudden wave of discoveries all at the beginning. That said, listing each available item type for each rune tablet here MAY be an option if anyone else is interested.

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:57 pm

Euhm, which wave of discoveries are you talking about? ;) There have been 2 runewords discovered so far (excluding the ones I posted, but I don't really count).
I've still got a good number "stored" from the list that got cut but the more I thought about it I decided that it's a bit stupid if I post them after having been basically force fed with the formulas so I stopped. And with the dwarven ones, well that would be completely pointless.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:01 pm

I never said it was a BIG wave but 2 at once right at the start (I thought it was 3 or 4 but I was mistaken) ;) So might it be worth it then?

Sloth

Post by Sloth » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:31 pm

It's okay Phrozen, i think i may be the only one buggered about the mystery of runewords lol. If anyone else expresses interest you could consider it but if it's just me still, don't worry. I'll do it the old fashioned way. *evil smirk*

So.. maybe i'll be posting some discovered runewords today.. that is if i can actually stop playing long enough to sit down lol. Ah, But me thinks a plan does approach *nods*

(scrambles off, envious of cc's knowledge)

Wish me luck guys.

Talol Padaes
Location: Slightly South of Hell, and a little west of the rainbow

Post by Talol Padaes » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:56 pm

Sloth";p="232496" wrote:It's okay Phrozen, i think i may be the only one buggered about the mystery of runewords lol. If anyone else expresses interest you could consider it but if it's just me still, don't worry. I'll do it the old fashioned way. *evil smirk*
Not the only one... not by a long-shot... just don't have nearly enough runes yet to even try rune-words... not to mention that I've seen very little in the way of socketed items... most (about 85-90%) of my grey drops have been ethereal instead of socketed... :OI:
[color=694269]If ever I plan to conquer the World, I will hire a group of 10 year old children to point out flaws in my plans BEFORE I enact them[/color]

Sloth

Post by Sloth » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:24 pm

We finally found ONE *dies* Talk about a lucky break..

Angelic: Torm - 2-socketed Swords; Guiding Hand & Resolve
+1 Paladin Skills
+48% Enhanced Damage
+40 to Attack Rating
100% damage to demons
100% damage to undead
+3 to Champion of Torm
+20 Maximum Stamina
(screenie coming soon)

My boyfriend is working on our angelic runes.. while i volunteered for the Undead bunch..... You know i've even resorted to pulling information from the net and trying to pull together possible combinations but it's still impossible. I don't think i've read SO much on D&D in my life...

EDIT: I found one!! I did! I took a damned lucky guess. And i'm OUT of undead runes now save for some random high level ones.

Undead: Jezra Wagner - 2-Socketed Helm - Chilling Touch & Shade's
Adds 1-4 Cold Damage
+76 to Maximum Cold Damage (Based on Character Level) -+1 per level-
4% Mana stolen per Hit
5% Life stolen per Hit
Freezes Target +3
69% Enhanced Defense
25% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cold Resist +50%

Don't worry Phrozen.. we're out of Angelic and Undead now lol. About 2 weeks worth of playing earned us 2 rune words when we began actually trying them.. so that's not to bad.
Last edited by Sloth on Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:21 pm

Very nice job, Sloth :beer:

cc dropped me a PM with his initial plans for the Elven rune words so they might make it into the next release too just to make it a little more interesting :D
TORM

The Loyal Fury, as he is also known, is the god of duty, loyalty, obedience, and paladins. He is usually dipected as a knight riding a great golden wyrm.

Prior to the Time of Troubles Torm was a relatively obscure minor demipower who served Tyr. Torm gained considerable attention and praise during the Godswar when his faithful helped keep one of the missing Tablets of Fate safe, and his own avatar battled and completely destroyed the avatar of Bane outside Tantras, seemingly killing the god who has already been weakened by Mystra and her servant Elminster. Torm died in the conflict too, but because of his loyalty to his portfolio was ressurrected by the overdeity Ao at the end of the Time of Troubles, with his power greatly increased.
JEZRA WAGNER

Winters in Barovia are not pleasant things. Icy winds blow down from the peaks of the Balinoks carrying heavy snows and bitter cold. But frostbite and avalanche are not the greatest dangers to be found on the slops of Mount Baratok. For as the days grow short and the nights stretch out, the ice queen Jezra Wagner rises from her seasonal grave.

Sifu

Post by Sifu » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:35 am

Just thought since I'd done this for myself I may as well post the little list of runewords compiled from this thread. Not huge, but it might save someone a few minutes:

Mace + Rune of Cleansing + Rune of Resolve
Sword + Guiding Hand + Resolve
Spear + Infernal Celerity (14) + Power (13)
Bow + Flaming Shield (9) + Flaring (7)
Shield + Rune of Retribution + Rune of Diligence
Shield + Divination + Holy Light
Helm + Chilling Touch + Shade's
Helm + Chilling Touch + Banshee
Armour + Stone + Earth
Armour + Falling Star + Blessed Strike

Morgoth92

Post by Morgoth92 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:24 pm

Im a quite new player(I downloaded the mod 2 days ago) and I have a few questions.Where is elminster?What those r4h and r4a and stuff mean.I know theyre runes but how should I know which ones(I saw the screenies and I want to know which runes are they) :roll:

WEA

Post by WEA » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 am

All runeword (type of things will make later):

Chaunteau = Rune of the Heart + Solar's Rune + Deva's Rune
Lathander = Rune of the Last Rites + Rune of the Flesh + Rune of Eternity
Mystra = Rune of the Spirit + Solar's Rune + Rune of Strengthening
Tyr = Rune of Justice + Rune of Redemption + Crusader's Rune
Ilmater = Rune of Cleansing + Rune of Resolve
Selune = Rune of the Falling Star + Rune of Blessed Strike
Tymora = Crusader's Rune + Rune of Divination
Shaundakul = Rune of the Heart + Rune of Resolve
Torm = Rune of the Guiding Hand + Rune of Resolve
Waukeen = Rune of Divination + Rune of the Holy Torch
Azalin Rex = Rune of Bone + Rune of Incarceration + Rune of the Returned
Count Strahd Von Zarovich = Rune of Unholy Constitution + Strahd's Rune + Rune of Creeping Death
Lord Loren Soth = Rune of Chilling Touch + Rune of Dark Energy + Rune of the Death Grip
Tristen ApBlanc = Graverobber's Rune + Rune of Gnawing + Rune of Creeping Death
Andres Duvall = Rune of Chilling Touch + Banshee's Rune
Athaekeetha = Banshee's Rune + Shade's Rune
Jezra Wagner = Rune of Chilling Touch + Shade's Rune
Jugo Hesketh = Ghast's Rune + Graverobber's Rune
Mayonaka = Rune of Gnawing + Rune of Dark Energy
Senmet = Ghast's Rune + Warlock's Rune
Adalon = Rune of Wisdom + Rune of Diligence + Rune of Fortitude
Abazigal = Blue Dragon's Rune + Rune of the Claw
Bahamut = Rune of the Elders + Rune of Longevity + Rune of Fortitude
Draconis = Green Dragon's Rune + Rune of Hording
Firkraag = Rune of the Fire Drake + Rune of Scales