[QUERY] Item Levels

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

DarkSlash

[QUERY] Item Levels

Post by DarkSlash » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:52 am

I don't know if they've been there all along or I just noticed them but on all items it shows the Item level. What is this useful for? and also it seems pretty whacked up because some things that I think should have higher than an item lvl of 1 don't and some things( simple objects) have crazy high item levels. What's up with this Phrozen? ;)

Cheers
DarkSlash
Last edited by DarkSlash on Sat May 28, 2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:59 am

Blame PlugY ;)

It's just useful for gauging drops but on the whole just ignore it :D
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: [Query] Item Levels

Post by talonrage » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:01 am

Item Level is a display from Plugy the Survival Kit. The usefulness of it comes into play for Item Crafting. Some cubing formulas base the mods that an item can recieve on an items level (who dropped it , player level when gambled , chest level for an area , exc). Knowing what an items level helps decide to use it in these formula types.

For instance , you wont wanna use an item of level 10 when you have another item of the same type but level 60. When the game rolls for the mods that use ItemLevel to determine them , the item level 10 can only get mods of around level 10 (not very desirable) but the level 60 item can get item mods of level 60 (like cruel or godly , exc)

DarkSlash

Re: [Query] Item Levels

Post by DarkSlash » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:06 am

Oh ok. Thanks a lot guys, that makes it a lot clearer to me. Thanks also for the quick reply ;).

Cheers
DarkSlash

Return to “Pagan Heart”