[FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.90b Comments

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

[FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.90b Comments

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:09 am

Here ya go :D

We've just released the upgrade patch for now with the full install release on hold until we know if there's any critical fixes needed :roll: :mrgreen:

[edit]

Hmmm...18 hours after release there's 20 views for this thread, 45 downloads and no comments...either that's a good sign that we're bug free or no-one feels like typing their epic lists ;)
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: [FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.90b Comments

Post by Elad » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:00 am

Just gave Nik a try at players 4 Nor Pal. Found 3 scryings and found out Nik is a lot harder to kill. He is a lot tougher, that and he teleports a lot more. Not much in the way of goodies :( , but more gold.
Will look at other things.
Elad

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:41 am

Well his drops haven't changed but apparently I succeeded in making him a little tougher :D

Ulmo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Ulmo » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:52 am

Phrozen Heart";p="215353" wrote:Hmmm...18 hours after release there's 20 views for this thread, 45 downloads and no comments...either that's a good sign that we're bug free or no-one feels like typing their epic lists ;)
OK I only played a little through act 2, here are a few remarks :
  • I think that the order of stat displyed "+%dom vs undead/+%AR vs yuan-ti/+%dom vs yuan-ti/+%AR vs undead" should be fixed (it *should* be "descpriority" column in ItemStatCost.txt)
  • I think that frozen servant has a too long "activation range" : he chases monsters for me. Of course this may be intended for latter game when monsters get tougher.
  • A sorceress with only torch in hand is invisible when running/standing still/casting (didn't test precisely which token are missing but you can probably find them easier than me).
  • "lvl 2" skulls have glittering values (1/2). This may be a PlugY issue because I heard someone else complaining.
Maybe not typically the comments you were waiting from, but I have to play longer for a real feedback ;)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:05 am

1. "Fixed" in what way?
2. With only one summoning for sorc and no "golem mastery"-type skill to enchance him, he needs to last throughout the game in some capacity.
3. hehe oops. Yeah I know what caused that, my bad ;)
4. Not an issue at all, totally intentional. The number is random and becomes fixed upon socketing.

Comments sound fine to me :)

Ulmo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Ulmo » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:58 pm

1. I mean IMHO "vs undead" bonus should be together and "vs yuan-ti" too (and in the same order).

4. Sorry, I was quite sure that gems properties were also random in vanilla. That's why I didn't noticed glittering ;)

Sterion

Post by Sterion » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:12 pm

1. Flawed skulls (dunno if its all skulls) changes from 1-2% life and mana steal per hit or what it is :) But it changes VERY fast..

2. Nice mod :mrgreen:

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:15 pm

1. I'll take a look but personally I'd think all "Damage Vs" should be together and "Attack Vs" should be together. I know HOW to change the priority easily enough just not sure if they need it.
4. Don't think so.

[edit]
Sterion";p="215519" wrote:1. Flawed skulls (dunno if its all skulls) changes from 1-2% life and mana steal per hit or what it is :) But it changes VERY fast..
Phrozen Heart";p="215473" wrote:4. Not an issue at all, totally intentional. The number is random and becomes fixed upon socketing.
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:08 am

Scrying Glass every where. :o Every place has at least 1, 2 or more. Had 4 when I started this up grade, now have 30. Way too many. Found 5 on the way to Nik. Tried Nik again, players 2, had better luck with drop. "Purples" fall about right. Birds are a little easier to kill. Still lose my Merc to poison, although she is at 75 resist. Just finished Norm with my Paladin. NM seem a lot harder.
Elad
Asking--How many different kinds of Cube Reagents are there :?: I have 41 different kinds.
Last edited by Elad on Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:06 am

Elad";p="215556" wrote:Scrying Glass every where. :o Every place has at least 1, 2 or more. Had 4 when I started this up grade, now have 30. Way too many. Found 5 on the way to Nik.
Noted.
Elad";p="215556" wrote:Tried Nik again, players 2, had better luck with drop.
Cool.
Elad";p="215556" wrote:"Purples" fall about right.
For now ;) (they seem to change whether we tweak them or not)
Elad";p="215556" wrote:Birds are a little easier to kill. Still lose my Merc to poison, although she is at 75 resist.
Errr...didn't touch them yet :oops:
Elad";p="215556" wrote:Just finished Norm with my Paladin. NM seem a lot harder.
Elad
Hmmm...if it wasn't in the update list, I didn't change it.
Elad";p="215556" wrote:Asking--How many different kinds of Cube Reagents are there :?: I have 41 different kinds.
There's 45 I believe (if include the inscriber's awl).

btw. So has anyone tried the "Crimson & Clover" patch? Or the "new" izual?

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:55 pm

Izual-rude awakening. Went back from act 1 NM to Norm to check him out. Six full rejuves an 4 bandages later, I was able to kill him. Went in expecting cold, not poison. My merc did better than me. He is much larger and deadlier, and all his minions at the same time, made for a great battle. Not many goodies for the battle, and I was using the Eye of Tamora.
Also, by him, I found a blank Book of Lore. No writing.
Elad

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:50 pm

I'll look into the book and drops but glad he's a little more challenging ;) Anyone else tried him with other classes?

[edit]

Drops improved, blank BoL hopefully fixed. Has anyone seen the new monsters in the Worldstone Keep btw?
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:08 pm

Downloaded "Crimson-Clover", since I was in Norm. Like it much better than the other map, will keep. Like the chests and graves. Ran it twice since I didn't know what to look for, after I killed Andy the second time, notice she had a clover in her hand, and her clothes were different. Lots of Pixies' and Leprechaun's Blood, very appropriate. Had expected the ground to be covered in clover I also got a nice drop from her.
LOL-Had hoped to add this to the last post, but you answered too quick, which is great.
Elad
You make them, I'll give them a try.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:26 pm

You didn't notice the big demonic Andariel had turned shorter and greener the first time? 8-O ;) We did actually want to fill the chamber with green light but that would take some TXT edits which causes potential conflicts with these "optional plugins".

Is this a slow enough response this time? ;)

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:06 pm

Concerning the monsters in the worldstone keep, the new ones are really nice and well done, seem appropriatly challenging.
I've got a question concerning the Shadow type monsters down there though. Would it be possible to give them some skeletons to revive? On their own they seem kind of underpowered compared to all those balors and raptors down there.

The drop rate for the scrying glasses is really high. I've seen that you fixed that one already for the next patch, but still I'm wondering if it's possible to allow potion gambling outside of normal, it's a bit annoying to go to hell to find gold and then having to make a trip to normal to gamble potions. Think this one was already asked a while ago but I didn't find a final comment from your side so I wanted to ask again for all lazy people round here :D

Gonna try Izual on hell with my sorc tonight.

Otherwise, thanks for this mod, didn't have that much fun with d2 in a long time.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:57 pm

cc";p="215751" wrote:Concerning the monsters in the worldstone keep, the new ones are really nice and well done, seem appropriatly challenging.
:D
cc";p="215751" wrote:I've got a question concerning the Shadow type monsters down there though. Would it be possible to give them some skeletons to revive?
Don't they already come with a small group each? If not I'll take a look and possible even make a slightly "custom" skeleton just for the WSK ;) Failing that some Fleshbane warriors would be nice :)
cc";p="215751" wrote:On their own they seem kind of underpowered compared to all those balors and raptors down there.
Well the raptors have taken a little reduction in power considering the fact that apparently they were causing 25 physical/poison hits per second hence the rapid kill effect.
cc";p="215751" wrote:The drop rate for the scrying glasses is really high. I've seen that you fixed that one already for the next patch, but still I'm wondering if it's possible to allow potion gambling outside of normal, it's a bit annoying to go to hell to find gold and then having to make a trip to normal to gamble potions. Think this one was already asked a while ago but I didn't find a final comment from your side so I wanted to ask again for all lazy people round here :D
I did look into this and got an interesting response (from Joel I think). Spawning multiples of an item in multiple difficulties is bordering on impossible to do with any real accuracy. That said, one possibility is to take the same approach as with the crates and gem bags which is have a single unmarked potion rather than a page which has an unlimited quantity but that would make the unmarked potion undrinkable before being transmuted with a scrying glass. I guess in theory that'd work with the scrying glass acting as a "corkscrew" of sorts ;) Any thoughts?
cc";p="215751" wrote:Gonna try Izual on hell with my sorc tonight.
Should be interesting...
cc";p="215751" wrote:Otherwise, thanks for this mod, didn't have that much fun with d2 in a long time.
Well that's always nice to hear :)

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:50 pm

Don't they already come with a small group each?
Nope, went back and checked, they're on their own.
I did look into this and got an interesting response (from Joel I think). Spawning multiples of an item in multiple difficulties is bordering on impossible to do with any real accuracy. That said, one possibility is to take the same approach as with the crates and gem bags which is have a single unmarked potion rather than a page which has an unlimited quantity but that would make the unmarked potion undrinkable before being transmuted with a scrying glass. I guess in theory that'd work with the scrying glass acting as a "corkscrew" of sorts Any thoughts?
Today curiosity won and I went back to normal to buy some potions, turned out to be quite rewarding with 12 skill and 20 stat points. Compared to those the disadvantage of having to go back to normal and losing my map with 2 BoL near a waypoint seems so miniscule that the loss in flavor of making them undrinkable without cubing them seems not worth it.

The fight with Izual wasn't as challenging as I expected after elads' comments, tried him first with players1 and afterwards with 5. My merc died in under a second both times despite 75prisma resis but afterwards Izual was contend to walk after me without casting any more spells while getting hit by my frozen orbs. At least I had some time to admire the new graphic :)

One comment about item level requirements, I gambled a rare circlet with +3 amazon skills and lvlreq62, the magic coronet with +2 amazon skills I found a couple of patches ago has got a lvlreq of 67, did you reduce them in the last patch or is the 67 the leftover lvlreq from vanilla d2?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:42 pm

Okay I'll look into the skeleton thing :)

I'm a little confused, you DO or DON'T mind if they're undrinkable without being cubed?

Izual was never meant to be an uber boss just look and sound cooler and provide a bit of a challenge. With enough antidote potions and cash to replace your merc he can be a pushover. I'll see about looking into the poison nova frequency.

Didn't raise/lower the levelreq intentionally so I'm guessing it's a leftover.

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:29 pm

I do mind if they're drinkable without scrying glasses. It's an aspect of "no risk no fun" that's not included in the other forms of gambling.
From my point of view it would be even nicer if the bad potions would have an effect that could not be ignored by walking to the healing npc in town, something a little more severe. But I doubt that permanent disadvantages could be included.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:47 pm

Well I can make nasty potions that take effect until you quit the game (I think) and possibly even some that go beyond that. Not entirely sure what info the game saves in the save file or calculates "on the fly". If people can screw with stats in character editors and make them stick I wonder if things like "-5 to strength" or "-10 to mana" would work permanently...

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:26 am

Yes-Yes Yes, I noticed Andy's smaller size and bright green color. Did player 1 first time, so things went quickly she appeared almost as bright green without much form. Took my time the second time.
On Izual. as I mentioned went in prepared for cold not poison, so it took all I had to just stay alive. I came up on him all of a sudden and was surround by minions. As you know, went all the way through Hell with a Sorc and found her to be much, much easier than Pal going as a melee-up close and personal. In NM act 2 as a Sorc was able to use players 6 or 8. As a Pal, only players 2 or 3 without being overwhelmed. Now, I try player 1, just to see if my Pal survives. I guess it is all in the style you play. Sure miss the Frozen Servant.
On swords, what is after Deacon? Holy-Deacon-?, or is there any thing?
Elad

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:05 am

Fair enough ;)

With Izual, it does definately seem to depend on your approach and build choice although that same build may not hold up too well elsewhere (eg. a frozen orb sorc can have trouble in act 5 with all the cold immunes).

Regarding paladin swords, the two base ones are Holy Sword (upgrades to Sacred Sword then Righteous Edge) and Deacon Sword (upgrades to Chaste Blade then Seraphic Sword)

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:42 am

Wombling around the Worldstone Keep, swinging my unique deacon sword to and fro, slicing up Cyclops merrily.

WHAM!!

Damn Raptors - insert 'press escape now' here.

Fetch body - WHAM!!

Rinse and repeat.

Nasty, nasty poison. This has been covered before but I thought I would bring it up again. Loving PH still, sending a bill for some spectacles to Phrozen and Pagan.

Have a great St Patricks day!!

K.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:54 pm

Kiwivagrant";p="215997" wrote:Wombling around the Worldstone Keep,
Until you started posting it here, I had no clue what the literal meaning of "womble" was so I had to look it up ;) For everyone else it means to amble at the gait of a wombat :D Still think they're the guys that live on Wimbeldon Common though...
Kiwivagrant";p="215997" wrote:swinging my unique deacon sword to and fro, slicing up Cyclops merrily.
Yep, they're quite good for random sword fodder ;)
Kiwivagrant";p="215997" wrote:WHAM!!

Damn Raptors - insert 'press escape now' here.

Fetch body - WHAM!!

Rinse and repeat.

Nasty, nasty poison. This has been covered before but I thought I would bring it up again. Loving PH still, sending a bill for some spectacles to Phrozen and Pagan.
Don't worry they've already taken a power down to their poison missiles in the next patch so at least now you'll just leave with a nasty limp...

Kiwivagrant";p="215997" wrote:Have a great St Patricks day!!

K.
You too bud! :patty: Is it the 17th there yet or not quite? (my mental time zones are off big time)

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:17 pm

Hum, I'm in Hell difficulty, and i only found 1 scrying glass in 2 hours playing.Maybe I was unlucky.

About Gheed potions, I also think the bad ones should be more "evil". could it be possible to inflict enough damage for an "instant kill"? Or maybe a loss of experience or money could be fun, too. Stat reduction until end of play look good, too. Why not something like "XP gained -50% until end of play" or even -100%?

Another thing, "Albino fiend" monsters sometime disapear for a couple of seconds when hit.

I see that there finally was a problem whith elven arrows. Too bad, i didn't even noticed it.

And a question for finish. I tried to "tricube" charms. Is it normal that that 3small -> 1 small? I would have expected a grand one. It's not THAT important, but i think it would have made more sense, seeing the other ones of the mod.
I'm just a french fan..

Return to “Pagan Heart”