[RESEARCH] Interesting Builds?

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

[RESEARCH] Interesting Builds?

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:52 am

This isn't really of any constructive use in regards to the mod but more relating to my own curiosity :) Has anyone found any novel builds they'd like to share? It's not particularly bizarre but Pagan's test sorc is a pumpkin (moldy goblin) and pilum wielder with frozen orb/inferno skills for bigger fights :D Dread to think what you'd call that build...
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:53 am

Well, as you know now, I have an amazon.
My principal damage source is my Valk + Ice Iron Wolf with lens. I nearly only "help" them, with the magic arrow+"EIA-Dim vision" combo and slow missile. I use exploding arrows for the "big ones".
It work surpisingly well,even in /players 8. My only big problem is act bosses, because they kills my hireling/Valk in no time. always make them in /player 1, at least the first time.

This build don't have a name for the moment. Cursazon maybe.
I'm just a french fan..

Ulthrion
Paladin

Re: [RESEARCH] Interesting Builds?

Post by Ulthrion » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:03 pm

After all my "complaining" about the altered vengeance/conviction skills, I think it's pretty clear that I'm playing an avenger right now ;).

I always use a paladin shield, as I'm kind of obsessed with resistances. I have an act3 lightning merc with a lens, and I keep an ankh for each of the single resist aura's in my inventory for quick swapping (although atm I'm still in normal, and my resists are already maxed). The combination of the lens and my conviction aura makes this a pretty good merc for damage dealing. The only backdraft is it's sometimes crappy AI, and the fact that he can't really tank much damage (an advantage of the act2 merc is that you can divide the enemies between you and your merc, with an act3 merc you have to take them all on your own).

The build is a bit slow, but that's inherit to an avenger (it's more of a party-build). So far, I'm eventually getting through everything in /players 8, except the ancients, where I had to revert all the way back to /players 1 (mainly because of the armageddon spell from one of the ancients).
The minions before baal are nasty too, and I have to take them on one or two at a time, but I can get past them. I almost finished baal when I found out that I really had to go or miss my train, so I still have to defeat him, but it was possible.

Farseer Ulthrion
Last edited by Ulthrion on Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pagan Heart”