[NARRATIVE] My Favorite Char...Barbs (Legion)

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

[NARRATIVE] My Favorite Char...Barbs (Legion)

Post by Hades » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:35 am

Well Phrozen,I think I'll give it a shot at writing a story about my gameplay for this mod.Been meaning to flex my muscle at writing again for awhile anyways,gives me a reason heh heh.
I'm going to write just about my play and how I play during the game.Not going to really write about the in between stuff such as the travel to act 2 from act 1.Just mostly my way and anything that deserves mention.Well most does but you get my meaning.
I think I'll break it up into part's or section's so it won't all appear done in one day lol,take too long to write that way lol.My writing is a little rusty but should be sufficient and hopefully interesting to read.Or good for a laugh either way lol....
I'm going to wait till the new update comes out then I'll start to write Phrozen....
nuff said
Hades
(EDIT)Well here's something idiotic I left out lol.It's going to be from a Barb's perpective,my favorite class......Besides this will give me a much needed break from underworld to play and write and well,basically relax...
Last edited by Hades on Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: My story about my favorite char...Barb's

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:12 am

So just to set the scene, what's your barb's name? :)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: [NARRATIVE] My Favorite Char...Barbs

Post by Hades » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:07 pm

Lol,well I guess my Barb's name would help when I start huh.I going to name him Legion.
I'm going to write the intro later today just to get the feel of how it will proceed,so maybe whenever you get time you can post after this one so I dnt double post lol.
I think I'm going to take an inspiration from Salvatore,and write it like a journal,as in Drizzt way.I enjoy reading it this way so maybe other's will as well.
Any idea's on when .7 will be ready to down?I'm going to play up until act 2 for now with the .8 update,just have to grab it first.
Well that's it for now,I'm going to grab the update and start playing again.I think my barb will be a melee/throwing...
nuff said
Hades

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:11 pm

Well after this one I'll butt out as to not disturb the flow of things although I don't have a problem with you double posting in this thread as long as it's distinct parts of the saga (Intro, Act 1, Act 2 etc).
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: [NARRATIVE] My Favorite Char...Barbs (Legion)

Post by Hades » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:24 pm

This is my log to keep track of what I have been doing and how well I have fared since leaving my homeland.Be it for something to remember or for someone to find should I perish.....Though I doubt I will find anything which shall have the strength to slay me for I am destined to be the hero of my people...

Day 1 ....Legion

This is the first day in this new land and already it seems as if there is an overwhelming sense of need here.I have travelled far to find my destiny and I think perhaps I have found it already.My being a Barbarian should give me an advantage in helping out the weaker sect.Hummph depends if they show me the proper respect a man of my power deserves heh heh.
I vow to make my family proud and our family name will ring clear in the history of our Barbarian Homeland.
This rogue outpost was my first encounter with a village of populace.The surrounding area seemed barren and I encountered no friendly people the closer I got here.But I have since learned the reason after speaking to a peddler and an older lady.The Demoness Andariel has taken over their monestary and has been busy corrupting their very soul's.Surprises me I made it through to here but it must have been forseen by my God to enable me to find my way.
As far as I have gathered the whole area here has been overrun with evil creatures.In the wake of Andariel taking up residence in their castle,their defences have crumbled.These people have asked for my help and I shall give them assistance in their hour of need.
This outpost,well if you could call it that,has everything I should need and the folk here are more than willing to share information.Sometimes too much talking for my liking but I guess the weaker folk have their uses.The smith here is a woman,I never would have guessed I would find one such as her at work at a forge.Strange land this is....
There is a barb of some reknown as a shopkeeper here as well,Gheed is his name.I have heard of him before and vaguely remember my father talking about him.But he seems tolerable,even though he keeps trying to get me to spend my valuable coin to gamble in his shop heh heh.
This outpost also has some sorcerous ways about it.There is a shrine in town,probably to help adventurers on their way but I stay away from such thing's.Wary I am of the magical ways of the foreigner's.
This weak built outpost will be overrun with the evil hordes banding together soon.So it comes to me to deal with these pests and make my legacy.
The old lady,Akara,has given me a quest to start with so I might as well do that first.Doesn't seem to hard though,maybe these people are just too weak to fester any pride int heir own land and squelch any evil.Letting evil knock on your door doesn't seem to be too wise,my Barbarian keep would strike out at the horde.Either until we swept them off the land or we died in the valor of battle....
This day my name shall begin to be spoken in reverence as my deed's rise to mythical proportion's....

Legion....
Last edited by Hades on Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:30 pm

Day 1 ...Legion is my name,the foul beasts shall come to know it well...

I have had a combat riddled day from morn till dusk.I entered the Forlorn Wilderness this morning and found many zombie's and skeleton's wandering about.They weren't organized at all and proved no match for my superior battle prowess.Listening to their dying moan's proved very enjoyable for me heh heh.This area was where I went to search for this den of evil,the old lady mentioned.I found it after coming to the cursed prarie.Since it was so close to the Den,I ventured forth to find the magic travel point so I could return.I was immediately accosted by many goblin berserker's.These murderous beast's seemed oblivious to my prowess heh heh.Took a few more hits to kill these dumb ones but I prevailed yet again.Strange that they didn't use any tactic's to attack me but simply ran at me.
After moving forth a few step's I found the travel point,so I wheeled back and travelled back into the Forlorn Wilderness.Then I entered this Den of Evil and was immediately astounded at how dark it was in the cave.Luckily I had picked up a torch earlier and shone the brightness of it into the cave to see what evil lurked in it's depth's.If the old lady wanted this cave cleared,then by my God's will,I would raze it.Carrion crawler's were my first encounter here,and the little pest's poisoned me.Thumped then as fast as I could so they could not launch another volley of poison.Being blessed with the skill of bash I proceeded to throw myself into battle with anything that moved,even hit a few rock's which looked at me the wrong way.Myconid's and undead orc's here were mostly the tougher ones but still I prevailed.And was soon only left with the stronger,captain of these forces here.After much fighting,and uses of my Bash,they proved to be no more of a hindrence than a gnat.The light flowed from above and I could sense my God was looking down upon me with pride.
I was supposed to return to the rogue outpost and report to Akara but instead ventured forth into the Cursed prarie.My battle lust was far from sated and I wanted to bring death to anything evil that lurked ahead.My day was just beginning and I was not going to stand idle while the evilness that was growing beyond massed in strength.
The Cursed Prarie proved to be an eventful one heh heh.There were many more monster's massing here and more prepared for me.From goblonoid Berserker's,myconoid's and Goblin wolfrider's they all seemed to be anticipating my coming.I found that every inch of ground gained here was rewarded by another taking the place of a fallen enemy.I kept engaging every enemy until I came to one of their camps which was home to Xargh,some sort of a general or the like,to this area.He was not easy to destroy now would I wish to fight more than one heh heh.He hit me numerous times and I found myself using potion's to help me.Perhaps I shall have to learn some battle tactic's of my own instead of just wading into the throngs of enemies.
I have never seen so many walking fungus's anywhere,I should just make some mushroom soup later on since they seem to be in abundance here heh heh.Probably not ,as I imagine they stick to high hell.Smell bad enough when they're alive...
I found an interesting item from Xargh though,a scrying glass potion.I'll have to examine this more closely.I also found the treasure this Xargh had was sufficient to replenish my stock of potion's,among some other interesting item's.Bah I'll probably just sell most of it for some wealth heh heh.Who says legendary figures shouldn't get rich in their travels.
After much chaos here,I came across a path leading to the Burial Ground's.I figured I would take a look here first before venturing any further.I was immediately assailed by the stench of rotting flesh and decay.This is a travesty as there seemed to much destruction of a sacred burial place.I was soon to learn of the reason and who was responsible...
As I pushed foreward and killed any undead abomination's which reached out for me,I discovered a harpy named Blood Raven.From speaking to a person in town,I remembered this was once a great rogue but has been converted to the evil ways.This harpy proved to be more of a challenge and ran up to me and launched her attack then moved away.Again and again I tried to corner her but this was a difficult task to do.When my sword finally found her flesh,I threw back my head and charged ahead,oblivious than anything but her death.I was soon rewarded to hear her dying scream and watched the fireworks for a bit.Again ,this creature had some interesting baubles for me to examine by the campfires light tonight.
After finishing her off I looked around more and came across two more entrances into the ground.They were Family vault's of the Zarovich and Dimitrov families.I'm sure they would not like their resting places defiled so I decided to clean any surviving beasts out,and maybe come across some more riches heh heh....
This proved to be more of a task than I anticipated as there were a few more powerful monster's lurking in each of the vaults depth's.I had an idea along the way of breaking some barrel's for firewood, which were inside the vault's,but this was almost given up after a breaking a few.Some had skeleton's lying in wait inside and other's amazingly blew up in my face.This was a complete surprise and was immediately going to make a note to myself about these infernal barrel's.
After some searching I came across several powerful tomb raider's inside the vault's and my battle lust came on strong as these were probably the ones responsible for defiling this area.Their demise brought great enjoyment for me ,Puke venom and Spine web shall bother no other burial sites.
As I left the last vault and continued on I found several more monster's which,in my haste to cleanse the vault's,I overlooked.They were Mist horrer's ,strange being's but nonetheless evil and had to be destroyed.I thought they were phantasmic ghost's but my blade bit deep and they were soon brought down.They had an interesting way of fighting though heh heh.
I decided to find the travel point in the cold plains as night has fallen and I needed some sleep before the next morn.More monster's were waiting for me here as I think word has spread that one has started waging war on them.What resistance I found was not so great,which was good for now as I have begun to run out of potion's.I found the travel point and went to the rogue outpost for a much needed rest.
The time to empty my bag by the campfire had come heh heh.I was astounded by some of the item's I retrieved from it.One being bandages for health healing.Now this is a reason to check out what you find early on in a cleared out area heh heh.The flint would have also proved to be useful in the field after my one torch blew out from a strong underground current of stale air.
Seem's I found a few rare item's which could prove useful,along with a nice set of magic bracer's.Might as well put them on now.What other treasure might I find along the way?I hope better than this heh heh.But my adventure is early so I hope there's more along the way.
Well time to rest and recuperate a bit before I attack the hordes again.
Maybe I'll go and talk to that Charsi first......

May the foul beasts be dreading the sun's first rays which foreshadow's my return to bring their destruction.....

Legion
Last edited by Hades on Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:48 am

Wow. You are indeed a skilled storyteller and I'm glad someone else has the time to do this. Keep up the great work Hades and looking forward to reading more of Legions progress.

K.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:23 pm

Day 2 Legion is my name and now the foul beasts have begun to fear it...

As the sun rose this morn,I was full of energy and felt elated.Must have been from killing so much scum yesterday heh heh.I repaired my item's and armor,well more to talk to Charsi than anything else....I'm pretty sure she is aware of my interest now heh heh.
Well after making small talk,with no luck yet,I decided to strike out once more.Better to catch the wretches as they wake up besides the old lady has mentioned something about a Cain fellow who need's help.Might as well see what I can do about this while I'm at it.From the tales I've heard,he is the one from Tristram who was there when the first hero defeated Diablo.Before my time but might prove interesting...
Taking the travel point to the stoney field to go through this underground passage,which was the only way to the Black Hollow.
Mt mastery over the beasts in the field is now greater as they no longer proved to be much of a problem.Though I know there is still someone of power here,I can almost feel it.After a few more scrum's with the beasties,I found the entrance to the Underground passageway.Another dark cavern to explore.But it seems this time in the damn dark as I have run out of torch's.I should venture back to town to grab a flint but I'm here now so might as well press on.
The blackness of the cavern is stifling as I enter and I hear the faint sounds of enimies scurrying about.Heh heh must be readying whatever pathetic defence they have against me.After just a few steps I am immediately assailed by sounds of running feet and louder sounds.I swear I hear drum's in the far off distance....
The running steps come closer and I hear the woosh of things going over my head.I see a mounted torch a little ways off and move to it's radiance.Tumble fiends are the monster's which are moving and jumping around.Attacking them proves to be more of a nuicance as they keep bouncing all over.Time to play the waiting game and start rushing them as the land to the ground.A few short strikes with my swinging blades grounds them forever.
As I'm finishing them off,more blasted mushroom men run in.These fungus men swing at me and try to head butt me with their bulbuous heads.I headbutt one right back and find I just bouch back off them heh heh.Well that's what my swords are for.Cleaving them in pieces feel's good as my battle frenzy begins to grow.This battle only serves to enrage,and awake my savage instinct for destruction.
I race forward,oblivious to the darkness and any enemies which lie ahead.
More battles are fought here with the same outcome,I'm writing this ,so I overcame them all.My only thought as I see the faint glimer of daylight ahead is to remember to bring a flint with me next time I enter any caves.
As I head out of the cave's grasp,I enter the wilderness known as the Bleak Hollow....
This area is full of bushes and ancient tree's.The smell of foliage is almost overwhelming,and the familiar sounds of armor is nearing.Over a rise in the horizon I see approaching bands of goblin raider's.Wonderful....more idiot beasts on even fouler mount's.
My first action is to switch my battle tactic's for this scouting group,as I want no survivors.I begin to throw my glaives and throwing knives at them with abandon.The rain of death pours into their ranks,and gives them pause as the remaining ones raise their sheilds.At once I swing my swords up and yell a battle cry as I charge into their ranks.The maw of one of their mounts open's to bite but I cleave it's head in two.As it drops I swing my swords furiously and manage to kill all but one of the rider's.
The lone remaining rider takes in the carnage with his mouth agape.Only for a second,as I throw my last glaive through his ugly head and he drops to the ground lifeless.
All the noise and movement I did in this battle though has attracted a most unusual looking crowd of beast's...or tree's.At first I was not too sure.This land has tree's which walk!
The old lady never mentioned that the tree of inifus walks!It is surrounded by minion's known as Treant's.The large group attempt's to encircle me,and I unleash a fury of thrown weapon's at them.Almost expectantly,they seem not to notice them,although they now have a bunch of my glaives stuck in their hides.I must switch my fighting here for this group of adversaries.
Engaging the group of treant minions first with deep slash's of my swords,I draw them away from the slower tree of inifus.One by one I sweep my blades and continue to duck from their powerful swinging limbs.First one ,then two fall to the ground with loud crashes.The other remaining minions rush at me with a renewed fury.Probably from seeing their companions turned to firewood heh heh.
The hits I take from them are not too great but I still must back away to drink a potion.After I move closer and finish off the remaining treant minion's,then move closer to the Tree of Inifus.It seems perplexed about where it's minion's have gone.Yet knowing I am the reason for their disappearance it moves with amazing speed towards me.One sweep of it's limbs throws me into the air and I land with a thump.I'll have to get Charsi to look later if I bruised heh heh.
Old lady should have mentioned that the tree might not be so giving about giving up the scroll.Blasted omission's like this may lead to other adventurer's dying.Well at least it won't be my downfall.I swing my swords with reckless abandon and move in close so it's mighty swings will not hit as much.As I bring the battle up close I sense the upcoming decision of the battle.With one final grunt the massive beast Tree drop's and the scroll of Inifus roll's out of it's grasp.....
So this is what the old lady spoke of and what was so important.Though she spoke of returning to town as soon as I retreived it,I decide to press onward and clear this area.More to find the travel point which must be here somewhere.
The point turns out to be by the entrance to the Haunted Bog,which looks to be covered in mist.My instinct is to charge ahead but I decide to appease the lady and take the travel point back to the outpost.Might earn me some points with her and maybe more treasure.
She turn's out to be impressed that I defeated the Tree and translates what is on the scroll.I sigh in resignation as she now inform's me I must travel backwards to the stoney field once more.This Cain fellow had better be worth all this trouble.
As I head out to the stoney field,I spend some of my riches on fixing my armament and buy a few trinkets.Then step out into the stony field ready to unleash another onslaught of merciless fury..
Finding the stones proved to be rather simple as most of the beast here were dead.But guarding the stones was a shadow thief named Renal blooscalp,with a usual assembly of minion's.He proves to be enchanted with lightning and hurts more than I care to admit.But after a few rounds of bandages and relentless sword thrusts,I was able to bring him and his minion's to the ground.Again I gather their baubles of treasure and wait till camp to look at it all.
The mere touching of the stones bring's a feeling of ancient power.I touch them in the correct order and a massive lightning storm is unleashed.A red portal to somewhere open's,and without hesitation I rush inside.
Tristram is burning to high hell,and I can smell rotting flesh.More stupid fungus thing's are here,and are simultaneously chopped to pieces as they come close.Cain's gibbet is close and I hear him calling out to me,so I rush into the once proud city's center.As I release him he makes a portal and escapes back to the rogue outpost.Nice of him to NOT hold the portal open for me.....These outlander's have no sense of gratitude.
The portal closes and I begin to make my way back to the other portal but am assaulted by Flesh Feast the cursed.Damn troll thing has cursed me,nice time to have nothing against this.Only thing left to me is to wade in with swords swing.This brute is amazingly strong and it takes a great many hit's to bring it to it's knee's.Last swing cleaves it's head right off it's smelly,rotting body.Damn thing doesn't even have anything of any real worth to loot.
Last opposition I receive are some demon knight's,Tanar'ri.Demon's are now being let loose I see.Well these must be killed and not be allowed to gain any momentum.What's left of the town seem's populated by these ugly demon's.
After a great many more encounter's with them and many more demon bodies,I feel the town fall into silence,and know that my work here is done.The only thing unusual I found here was wirt's leg.I heard mention of this dead person from my father in tales from years before.Seem's this fellow was a sort of a crook.Ahh well I have his leg for a trophy for my father heh heh.
I return to the outpost with a portal of my own,and go to see if this Cain fellow is alright now.He greets me with great enthusiasm and graciousness,that I soon forget the portal thing.Turns out this man,or man in a floating chair,can be of mush use to me along my adventures.Much knowledge is inside his head and he will identify my item's for free.Well one thing is, I will save some of my riches now heh heh.
The sun has dipped below the horizen and night is starting to fall quickly.
I must get soime sleep before heading out again in the morn.But first,my nightly chore of investigating my backpack is due.
Many baubles are in it,from vulcan shield,jewels,potion of experience,potion of light radius,medicinal shield,and a tonne of potion's.
But most importantly I have found a unique and powerful item.It is called the angels wand,but I can use it well enough and it grants some equally nice bonuses.Might prove to be good to wield as I encounter new groups of monster's.
I must go and talk to Charsi more and get her to warm up to me more heh heh.

May tomorrow bring more death to the evil that grows in this land.The name of Legion shall ring forth and inspire song's which will be sung for ages to come...

Legion

(EDIT)I may change this entry a bit as it doesn't sound quite right to me yet..
Last edited by Hades on Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:08 pm

Day 3 Legion is my name....We are many

The sun bring's forth another opportunity for me to create the more of the legend of Legion heh heh.That being said,I'm sure my interpretation of pride is not overwraught with the sin of pride.I am not arragant enough to view myself as a God,I may walk alone but I know I have fiends near and true.My trust in myself shall be pure and will not be blurred by a false sense of pride.
I may walk alone in the darkness for a time but friends will bind me to my path and my faith in my heart will guide me on the right course.I embrace the darkness for after it clear's the light shall sweep across the land's.
If my god is with me then he will know I am not overly prideful ,my action's will speak more loudly and clearly than any praying might do.
I grant anyone elses way as their own path but grant me the way I believe and carry out my destiny.I need no solid evidence of my god,nor desire one,just the knowledge the encompasses us all that there is meaning and worth to our deed's......

This entry is for me to grasp to the true path and not be waylaid by inner torments or turmoil's.I have begun my path down the road of destiny and must not allow my soul to be tempted or turn on a wayward path....

Legion........

Day 3....the fun begin's anew...

I have wasted too much time,it is time to venture in the wastelands again.
Taking the travel point to the Black Hollow once more I now turn my attention towards the Haunted Bog.I see in the distance a fallen tower which lays in ruins.I shall make my way there to discover it's secret's but I sense a foreboding presence from it.
As I enter the Bog I am amazed to see some four legged albino creatures tramping towards me.Their growling does little for me to guess their intention's so I decide to just send a volley of newly bought throwing weapons at them.Their dying groans only seems to attract more of them.Along with more goblins to hew down.The abundance of the albino four legged creatures does little than infuriate me.
I make my way to the remnants of the black tower,and discover a stairway leading down.As I descend I enter an entryway which is bright and beautiful.The workmanship which went into the stone here is truly amazing.This tower must have been an awe inspiring fortress at one time.
I have memories of our Barbarian stronghold coming back to me in a rush.
As I descend to the first level of the tower cellar I am set upon by bugbear thugs.They prove to be a handful and I take my swords out of their sheaths.The first two fall as I slash their throats.The third one clubs me with it's mace.The pain wracks down my spine as the fourth one hits my back.My balance is swayed as I almost fall.
My swords begin their dance of death and I fall upon the fourth beast,blades swinging at his head,he has no defence equal to this task and falls dead at my feet.The last bugbear hesitates which gives me all the time I need to throw 5 glaives into his chest.I listen to his last breath and gather what little treasure they had only to see more goblonoids coming charging down the hall.
The little beasts have weak armor and my thrown weapons make quick work of them.The quantity of my throwing weapons is slowly diminishing so I must look for more.
The second level is easy enough to find but I see weird phantoms here when I enter.Phantom gauth beholders are lying in wait for me here.They ambush me as soon as I enter and know no fear.The battle slowly slids in my favour and as I cut the last one down,I hear the deathly silence of the level once more.
My torch is growing dim by the passing seconds,then finally fades.I strike it up again with my flint,and as the light spreads I see I have made it to level 5 of the tower.
More of the Gauth's lie in wait here and goblins rush in from a side antechamber.The noise of the battle seems to bring every monster from the side chambers.I have used almost all my potions by the time the battle draws to a close.The town portal scroll is my way back to buy some more potions,so I take it.
Having bought more than my share of potions and whatever else I think I will need,I step back through the portal.Having gotten a wink from Charsi this time gives me a little more to think about also heh heh.
As I round the bend in the last chamber a great fire wall rises from the ground.And I hear an evil womanly voice ring out.There are a few minions to help this countess out so I decide to taunt them into folowing me away from her for now.The ring of steel and groans of the dying sounds lound in the blackness of the tower.I was sure the countess would follow and throw a curve in my plan but she doesn't.
The countess is being more of a pest than anything else as she throws up another fiery wall,which burns badly as I make my way through it.Empty potion bottles fall to the ground as I strom into the countess's chamber.She strikes again and again,much to my surprise.She then takes a blow from my larger sword to her chest and hisses in pain.The last blow falls and her screams of agony at being defeated ring out clear.I later think the whole Bog heard them....
The riches this evil being had a great and it takes long to collect them all.The few runes that she dropped should prove helpful along the way,father mentioned before that runes can bestow great power to item's.
I now have a great amount of gems with which to use.Though how I'm going to make use of them is still in the air.
The trip back up to the Bog proves to be uneventful and I do not use my last remaining torch,instead just go back the way I came.
Countess Bodhi shall not defile this land no more........
As I enter the Bog once more,I see in the distance the travel point so I rush over to touch it.
The Bog grows still and quiet,I see no more monster's crawling about only a dense fog which seems to be lifting.
There is only one way to go and that is into the Somber Hill's.Again I find more goblin kin here.These wretches are most bothersome with their great number's,and screeching.But I will not be waylaid by some miserable excuses for an enemy.Give me something greater to sink my blades into I shout out loud.
Well,I received my answer pretty fast as reanimated mages slipped out of the darkness and launched their mystical powers on me.I retreated as I decided to think this one through,but promptly shook my head and threw away any common sense and charged into their ranks.The potion bottles kept dropping to the ground but I still charged on and kept slashing with my swords till none were left standing.All that remained were the piles of now dead bones........
The rest of the way to the gates of the castle was not boring but it wasn't too hard.The only thing that came up though first was a cave into the underdark.I could see the gates of the rogue castle now but the cave proved too much of a temptation to me so I entered it's gloomy depth's.
Mindflayer's,drow's,and drider's were massed in great strength here.Their numbers would overwhelm me if I didn't use some sort of tatcics.I'll beat the blasted drow back to their homes deeper underground I tell you.These underdark denizen's shall wish they never rose from the depths to the surface.
But that will have to wait for another day as after beating numerous amounts of them,I was slowly getting surrounded and retreated to the Hill's.I shall have to buy more potion's to launch another attack on them but for now into the castle.The old lady mentioned there would be another travel point here.
As I entered the castle gates,more reanimated assaulted me with their magic.Too bad there were only 3 of them,I might have had to work up a sweat heh heh.
As I pressed into the outer cloister,there were numerous foes here to deal with.And when I went to the middle of the room a great barrage of traps rang out at me,I was stunned by the amount of them and hastened to move into another room.Luckily the room I went into had the travel waypoint...which I promptly took as I had no potions or bandages left heh heh.
Probably was a good thing I used the travel point as it is now dark outside and if I want to keep up this pace I need sleep.
I have discovered one interesting potion again,it is an experience potion.I will use it right now,ahh my strength returns and I feel renewed in power.
Must look for more of these amazing bottles.
There is a medicinal shield now to add to my growing stock,also another jewel and some potions.Seems further I delve into their ranks the better luck I'm having,which is good for my riches heh heh.
And for the first time tonight by the campfire,Charsi has come to sit by me and we shared a few ale.She sure has an affinity to my barbarian kind heh heh,which is good news for me.So we sat by the campfire for awhile listening to the Cain persons tales and drifted off to sleep.Vision's of a demoness wreathed in poison plagued my dreams....

Legion......there are chinks in my armor but none in my resolve...
Last edited by Hades on Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:35 am

Day 4, Legion....The masses will be in full flight today,I will cleanse their filth and restore the rogues monestary to them this day as my legend grows....

This morning it seems as if the sun has gained some of it's brilliance,that it has lost before.The whole camp is restless and full of confidence,must be sensing what I'm feeling.The end is drawing near for those who follow the evil general's of the Prime Evil's.My strength has gathered and I must finish what has been set before me.
The remaining rogue forces have begun to mass and now will reclaim and patrol what has been cleared so far.They will follow in my footsteps and clean up the carnage left behind and I hope return their land to it's former glory.
My first stop is to Charsi to fix up a few of my item's.As it seems she has a sidequest for me to try and help her out with.It concerns some hammer which she needs to forge new weapons and armor.Heh heh next stop is to find and return it as fast as possible.Should give an extra glimmer of fondness in her eyes towards me.
The travel waypoint seems to glow brighter,and I step on it and begin the day full of great expectation's.First up,find the Hammer.I turn my attention towards the Barracks,which again,(sigh)are dark and foreboding.Well never said I was one for being cautious so...Charging in seems the best course.
Entering the stale and dim barracks ,I am besieged by tanar'ri lieutenants and more mushroom idiot's.Cleaving the fungus's is no problem but the tanar'ri are a little more formidable.But the result of a few potion's,and several strong sword sweeps,quickly puts the tanar'ri to a fitting death.
It doesn't take me long to find the hammer,though I find some moderate resistance along the way.Nothing my hardened Barbarian skin can't tolerate though heh heh.As I make my way into the Malus's resting place I hear a bellow and glance towards the rear of the room.There moving out of the shadows is a large,armored creature.The smith is a loud,overwraught fool.As he charges in towards me,I match his stare and start to swing my blades around me.The whirring blades seem to give him pause but the fool marches right into them oblivious to his own peril.The monster is strong,and mightily armored and obviously has every thought he will win.His overconfidence is my gain,and I slowly see many holes in his pitiful defence.One mighty swing of my left sword glance off his chest and cuts deeply,spewing forth a mighty gush of blood.My eyes gleam with battle lust and his start to show a growing fear.He starts to back away from the fray but only succeeds in backing himself against the wall.This battle is about to end.The next onslaught of my blades cuts both his arms and he almost drops his weapon.With a great bellow he throws all his might into a great swing but is greatly unbalanced now.As I duck I quickly ready my blades,then as his weapon passes over me I swing both behind his back and decapitate him in one swing.The overconfidence of this monster has shown me to not become too overconfident myself heh heh.
The smell of the brute is unreal and I just want to leave but first I must pick up the Malus.I grab it off it's pedastal and open a portal to town to return it to it's rightful owner,Charsi.
Charsi is almost jumping for joy when I show it to her and place it in her hands.The kiss she places on my cheek is inspiring,well heh heh it is a hell of alot more than that.She makes me promise to visit her when I come back tonight and share dinner with her.Well that is one proposition I will not turn down....
Jumping foreward into the portal once more,I venture down to the jail levels.The jail is a filthy ,dark,and damp section of the castle.I don't find many tough opposition but nonetheless have found enough of them.From more fungus pukes,raised mages,Beholder ghost's ,which were almost a surprise as I encountered one.My first thought was it was a light ahead but then three of the ghosts came around the corner and I stood for a minute then attacked.As I had finished one group of the beholder ghosts I ran into some statues,but turned out they were not statues but instead were Iron Guardian's.These monster's only seemed to move as I got close but when they did it was to attempt to create a pancake.The pancake being me!Their attacks were slow and easily avoided,still I wouldn't want to be hit by them heh heh.
Didn't take me too long to come across the entrance down to the inner cloister.The ruins here were quite extraordinary and must have been magnificent before the rush of evil came and destroyed it all.What little resistance was quickly cleaved to pieces and I found a travel point.Not in need of anything I pressed on and boldly entered the Cathedral.
Shockdogs,skeletons,and more blasted mushrooms resided here.Much to my enjoyment I was getting more powerful with every step I took here and with every battle my prowess grew.The minor monsters were not too much trouble to deal with,but then I spotted several robbed beings floating towards me.These were corrupt monks,with Brother Bouley at the helm guiding and leading the charge.Bouley landed several hits on me whilst I delt with his minions.The empty bottles of health fell to the ground and broke.The robes of the vanquished minions lied about in great heaps as I turned my full attention towards Bouley.Once he may have been a religious being for goodness but now with his corruption too great,he was marked for death.Or wherever these foul fiends go once they die heh heh.
The bandages I used grant me enough strength to deal with this apparition and rid the Cathedral of his presence.Quickly I grab his treasure and fill my pack with trinkets and gold.
With a quick mental prayer,I descend into the catacombs.The wretched feeling I get as I go deeper into this monestary only strengthens my resolve to cleanse this once mighty fortress.The darkness here is great and I strike up a torch to lead the way in the gloom.Many minions are hidden here,most noteably being the ancient partisens.But after many potions and bandages I have made my way through the winding passageways to the entrance to the Forgotten Cloister.The architectect here must have been on a binge as I found no sense to the weaving,endless passages.To find anything here would only incite a riot of irritation among the masses heh heh.
My first intuition I get from the cloister is I should return to get more potions and other item's.So showing some sense for a Barbarian,I open a portal and go grab some item's from my stash and a few from the vender.
Then step quickly back through the portal to meet my destiny.
The aura of evil is mighty here indeed,and I hear a great many sounds of boots marching.The smell is toxic and I long to leave this place.I hear a hissing,gavely voice in the distance screaming order's at other whining voices.
The first to enter the light from my torch are three bugbear elite and tanar'ri lieutenants.They were a little harder to dispatch as they seemed in a fenzy to perform for whatever lurked here.The area around myself was clear of enemies..or so I thought heh heh.As I'm writing this I remember the dream about the demoness wreathed in poisoness aura.
Well standing there my dream came to a clear reality.A great demoness,spewing forth a barrage of poison approached me out of the darkness.I dropped my torch to the ground and equiped my other sword just as a blast of poison blasted at me.Her voice echoed off the walls in anger.The poison rocked me to the core of my being.I felt nauseated and felt the need to vomit.My skin burned and I quickly emptied a potion to help cleanse this horror from my body.
The demon queen Launched another barrage of poison at me ,this time in a nova attack.The effects of this attack were devastating to my armor,and my potions for these were running out.I had to attack the foul demoness and disrupt her attacks.Grabbing the hilt's of my swords tightly,I rushed sraight in at her and swung each sword mightily.Both blades cut deep but she merely swatted me away and continued with a melee attack which stunned me with another dose of poison.My resistance to poison attacks was sorely lacking and ,made a mental note to look for something which had poison resistance in it later.
Her onslaught of poison was wearing me down but I continued to swing away at her and hit more often than not.I swear she never felt most of my attacks,but my knowledge that it eventually would gave courage.The first deadly strike came more as an accident than anything else heh heh.She swung me off the ground with a melee poison attack,but as I flew in the air one of my blades cut deeply into her neck.I landed with a painful crash,but noticed the queen was grasping at her neck.Her foul blood was dripping from her clawed hand,and I felt elated to see the witch had finally been delt a severe blow.Whether it had been by accident doesn't matter to me but only serves to light my battle lust.With a savage yell I lept back into the melee and swung my blades with a renewed fury.Andariel had indeed been hit with a deadly hit and she was now showing how badly as her poison attacks now came with less frequency.She was trying to avoid most of my swings now and my mind was clearing from the poisoness barrage from earlier.The demoness was clearly moving towards the defensive,and I wouldn't let her gain any momentum at all.Her eyes were starting to glaze over and she started to weave to the side,hitting the monument near her throne.
Her eyes jolted wide and she realized this was going to end in only one way,her demise.She reeled from my next double sword attack and yelled at me in fury.Her last attack left a great hole and I thrust both swords deep into her flesh.Andariel rolled away and screamed in agony,blood was falling like rain.Her wound was mortal and she was in death throes.
With her last breath she collapsed in a great heap which made the ground shudder.The walls and ceiling came apart from the fall.Great chunks of rock feel from the ceiling and walls,the ruin of a deadly demoness.....
A blue portal opened and I stepped through it after grabbing the evil hag's treasure.
The rogue encampment is in chaos,the entire village was celebrating.Clearly everyone already knew heh heh.The first reports from scouts had brought back news of the monsters moving away and no engagements had been made soon after I entered the catacombs.The rogur scouts had sent many rogues to guard the entrance down,should I fall.They found no opposition along the way and any monsters fleeing the catacombs were cut down.When Andariel died,the hush as a wave of cleansing passed over everything ignited a great cheer amongst every settler here.
I know have the beginning of my destiny and will start to mold it to even greater heights.The thanks from this village and the surrounding area is vast and will never be forgotten.I have earned the right to a long rest before heading out once more on the road to my next stop in the long raod of my visionquest.I shall be visiting the mighty seaside port of Lut Golein next but for now ,I shall enjoy the rogues hospitality and especially Charsi's tonight it seems heh heh.
My adventure here has proved mighty indeed and the wisdom gained from it all is of more worth than I can imagine.I now enjoy the campfire light and lean back against the tree with Charsi near,and slowly drift off to sleep.The rogues can watch over me this night,I'll move to my tent soon ...but noit alone....heh heh.

Legion.........One demoness dead....And I shall continue to haunt the Prime Evil's very dreams as I pursue them across the land....I look death in the eye and I will smile at it ...
Last edited by Hades on Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:37 pm

Day 5......Legion is my name.....It shall haunt the denizens from the abyss.....may they flee in terror...

I enter this great seaport city called Lut Golein.This outworld is as hot as the fiery furnaces in hell.Sand blows everywhere and the sun shines brighter than I have ever seen it.I am almost blinded as I enter the city,and the smells of beasts of burden lingers in the air.Warriv has brought me to a oasis of outlanders briming with activity.Shopkeepers,townspeople,sentries,all gather in the town square selling and buying odds and ends continuously.
The bustling town is not my place of comfort heh heh.Though I spy another familiar face in the crowd,the one called Cain.Perhaps he'll have something of use to say instead of his usual unimportant chatter.
After some time with him I have understood that a dark wanderer passed this way earlier.The tomb of Talrasha is said to be his course so I must find this place and hopefully confront the wanderer.The Evil's or going to be unleashed upon the world should I stand idle.My course seems set and what does this foreign land hold for me I wonder.....
As I stride through the crowds of smaller people I draw stares of wonder and perhaps some fear heh heh.Most must not have seen a Barbarian or one such as I.
My armor and weapons need repair so I visit the local smith and much to my surprise it is another woman.She is of paladin descent I believe though does not seem such a zealot as some of the religious paladins tend to be.She speaks with wisdom and respect and I quickly garner a sense of respect for her.The further I delve into these new lands the more I find I have to learn.
The long journey here has proved to be my undoing for today,I shall have to find an inn to rest for tomorrow.Swatting some unruly humped beasts out of the way ,I push my way towards the inn in this town.The innkeeper is a jumble of nerves and grasps my arm.She asks me to delve into the bowels of the sewers to look for her family which were taken by a creature from its depths.Hmmm everywhere I go it seems everyone needs help,maybe more of my brethren should venture forth and set the world in order.
Be that as it may I have great need for sleep so I tell the woman I will look tomorrow and ask her to show me to a room.I toss her a bag of gold and she promises to make it worth my time should I help her with her request.What else could I need besides my weapons and food?Heh heh maybe more gold to line my pockets.
The rise of the sun tomorrow shall lead me onto the hot,sand laden wasteland,which these people call home.I would much rather have my snow covered mountains heh heh,the sweat dripping off my face is reason enough to head north heh heh.
Finding these artifacts which the Cain fellow mentioned should prove an easy task and I shall quell any uprising from the creatures here as well.Head bashing time is coming heh heh...more heads will be stuck on my glaives.And the bodies of any foe shall burn for their aggressions.
As I swat at the flies that buzz in my chamber I feel myself drifting off to sleep with dreams of a massive insect swatting at me.....

Legion.......deaths horses ride for the evil creatures in the morn, screaming for destruction...

Return to “Pagan Heart”