[FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: [FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:28 pm

So the latest draft appears to be:

Dusty Rose Ioun Stone : Levelreq=15, Defense +4/lvl.
Lavender Ioun Stone : Levelreq=15, Resist All +0.5/lvl
Obsidian Ioun Stone : Levelreq=15, Health +0.5%/lvl
Pale Green Ioun Stone : Levelreq=15, Vitality +0.5%/lvl, Attack Rating +0.5%/lvl
Pearly White Ioun Stone : Levelreq=15, Replenish Life +0.5/lvl
Bronze Ioun Stone : Levelreq=12, Energy+0.5%/lvl
Silver Ioun Stone : Levelreq=15, replenish mana +1%/lvl
Golden Ioun Stone : Levelreq=18, faster cast rate + 0.5%/lvl

Right?

Small thought regarding the silver one though, at L90 that still only gives a bonus of 90% which is the same as 6 points of Warmth (a level ONE passive). +1.5 per level would at least be about the same as 10 points in the skill but I'll go with the majority (we are needing to rebalance my stuff after all :oops:).

[edit]

btw are all these percentiles (health, vitality etc) meant to be percentiles or fixed numbers? eg. +0.5% vitality per level or +half a point of vitality per level?

[edit2]

All 8 stones have been reworked to the above details as well as given a durability of 5 and have become ethereal (which makes the colors like weird yet kinda cool). Now would be a good time for further tweaks (hint, hint) ;)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:39 pm

Small thought regarding the silver one though, at L90 that still only gives a bonus of 90% which is the same as 6 points of Warmth (a level ONE passive). +1.5 per level would at least be about the same as 10 points in the skill but I'll go with the majority (we are needing to rebalance my stuff after all icon_redface.gif).
but wouldn't that make a sorceress whith warmth a little to powerfull?
another possibility could be to make it +1/8 to Warmth/lvl, but i don't know if it's possible. That way, sorc would be capped at +3, and other classes could have quite a good mana regen.
btw are all these percentiles (health, vitality etc) meant to be percentiles or fixed numbers? eg. +0.5% vitality per level or +half a point of vitality per level?
It was 0.5% vitality in my mind.
Last edited by DreamBreaker on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a french fan..

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:43 pm

Warmth isn't very practical on these but you have point, let's try it "as is".

As for the vitality, just checking :)

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:55 pm

So, here's my idea to replace Duriel : "Beholder" themed boss !
We already have the graphics. Maybe some changes are needed to make it more "boss-like" (bigger for example.).
As power, he could have the mana drain aura, some "baal nova"-like attack (with just different graphics and damages type), to simulate the "multi laser eye beam".
plus maybe some close attack that have a little annoying effect. (poison? curse?).
And maybe a lesser beholder summon to break the boredom.

Doesn't need too much since it's only act 2 boss after all.
What do you think?
I'm just a french fan..

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:26 pm

I like the idea, just not sure the best way to implement it although I do have a few novel ideas. "Bigger" isn't really an option but I do have a different color version :) Leave it with me...

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:58 pm

rut ruh :-|

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:26 pm

Thinking about the "summon on death" monster skill. Could it be possible for some very important bosses to have multiple "tranformation", a la finalfantasy. For example, we could start with a "Warrior " Duriel, (some mummy graphics), and after a first "kill", you "release his soul" (create a ghost-like monster) and have to fight him "again". Major problem being to have 2 Cool graphic for one boss...
I'm just a french fan..

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:27 pm

Possible, yes.

Happening, no.

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:43 pm

You mentioned being unhappy with the cow level, browsing through the runeword thread I stumbled across Graz'zt being called a lord in a plane called Abyss. How about changing the cow level to feel more like a venture into a plane controlled by demons rather than a dairy farm?
If you got a fitting map lying around, it might feel more BG/AD&D-like. I mean those evil priestresses and the devils in Baal's third and fourth wave look far too good to be used once only ;)
Altough I'm not sure if putting a uber boss in there with uber loot in an uber hard area that you can reach once in a life time or making it more of a nice stroll in the evening sun with perhaps even possibilities for repetition would be better.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:34 pm

The Abyss is an infinitely-layered Hell dimension/plane which is home to the limitless Tanar'ri which as you mentioned includes Graz'zt, Demogorgon, Orcus and a bunch of other serious evils although considering the plane goes on forever, we could always have it be a previously unrecorded layer. Now to figure out how the crap you use the act 4 rocky tile set on an area without warps. Don't have any extra maps floating around I'm afraid and from what I understand, Xenast didn't think it was feasible to do the map of Avernus (first layer of the Nine Hells AKA Baator AKA Casa de Baatezu) due to the palette.

Not sure about the bosses just yet though as they were originally designed to be "one-offs" considering their standing in the IE games. Sarevok is the end-game villian of BG1, Irenicus BG2, Amelyssan the BG2 Expansion, Belhifet IWD1 and The Slayer is somewhere between Irenicus and Amelyssan :)

Great idea though :mrgreen:

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:30 pm

How about this - just replace the cows, and have them other critters as another invasion force to the prime plane (ours). Maybe have dead cows laying around allover the place showing signs of a battle between two opposing evil forces. :lol:

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:34 pm

Still kinda boring that way (plus you might want to wait till you get there, no cows anymore ;))

Kinda burnt out on D2 right now so once Duriel is up and running, I might take a little break again...

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:49 pm

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="228789"]Kinda burnt out on D2 right now so once Duriel is up and running, I might take a little break again...[/quote]

Just as long as you don't take a break from the forum. ;)

EDIT1: Just thought of something. Shouldn't the talisman's and pentagram's for the Zon's and Necro's actually be treated as normal items or regular class specific amulets - I find you don't have to identify them to know what their attributes are. I've been meaning to say something about that for the past two weeks. :oops:
Last edited by theonlymoose on Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:09 pm

[quote=theonlymoose";p="228791"][quote=Phrozen Heart";p="228789"]Kinda burnt out on D2 right now so once Duriel is up and running, I might take a little break again...[/quote]

Just as long as you don't take a break from the forum. ;)[/quote]
Not sure yet, probably not.

[quote=theonlymoose";p="228791"]EDIT1: Just thought of something. Shouldn't the talisman's and pentagram's for the Zon's and Necro's actually be treated as normal items or regular class specific amulets - I find you don't have to identify them to know what their attributes are. I've been meaning to say something about that for the past two weeks. :oops:[/quote]
They're fine just as they are ;) As for talismans, those are sorc not zon :D

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:43 pm

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="228809"][quote=theonlymoose";p="228791"]EDIT1: Just thought of something. Shouldn't the talisman's and pentagram's for the Zon's and Necro's actually be treated as normal items or regular class specific amulets - I find you don't have to identify them to know what their attributes are. I've been meaning to say something about that for the past two weeks. :oops:[/quote]
They're fine just as they are ;) As for talismans, those are sorc not zon :D[/quote]

:oops: You're right.

NewYevonRule

Post by NewYevonRule » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:39 pm

I was just playing D2 here and there, decided to listen aimlessly to the Towns Folk gossip, went along to Act 2 and listened to Mishief's introduction and he had said something about making trips to Kingsport in Westmarch... Got me a little curious is to why Blizzard even added that when it's not an actual area of the game... So I was wondering if it's possible you could, like create an area called Kingsport.. I know multiple ways that it could be accessed by if you'd do this. I just thought it'd be interesting to add a new map layout for the mod..

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:11 pm

For some mods that's a nice idea (maybe post it in the concepts forum?) but with PH, we're actually trying to get further away from D2 rather than closer ;)

Lu-Tze

Post by Lu-Tze » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:51 pm

What about adding some recipes to turn runes into their counterparts from other tablets? Like Undead rune 1 + Draconic rune 1 = Demonic rune 1. Or perhaps any rune 1 + Dwarven Symbol = Dwarven rune 1.
~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:07 am

[quote=Lu-Tze";p="231191"]What about adding some recipes to turn runes into their counterparts from other tablets? Like Undead rune 1 + Draconic rune 1 = Demonic rune 1. Or perhaps any rune 1 + Dwarven Symbol = Dwarven rune 1.[/quote]
That takes too much "fun" out of the hunt :D

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:58 pm

I don't know if it's already changed (don't believe so), but is it possible for the red portal that Anya sets up to nilhatak's place to stay if you complete the quest? (like the portal to the rescue Cain mission).
Right now it's the only quest I didn't do, because the portal disappears (in vanilla that is).

Farseer Ulthrion

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:06 pm

The portal only dissapears after completing the quest if you activate the waypoint down there. As long as you don't step on the waypoint you can slay Nihlathak as often as you want.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

chipmanr
Paladin

Post by chipmanr » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:18 pm

Here's a thought that's been tickling the back of my brain for a while. I know you're getting ready for a break, so if you like it, maybe for sometime in the future. The Dimitrov and Zarovich Family Vaults. Though I can't place them, I'm assuming they are actual IE family names. Wandering around, killing tomb raiders, I got thinking that if there was a 'Head of the Family' ghost/zombie/lich etc wandering the vaults. Dunno how much monster ai editing is possible, but it would make a nice mini-quest that if you kill all the raiders, the ghost rewarded you, and if any raiders were still alive, it attacked instead. Not sure how much can be done, maybe just adding the wandering ghost, possibly with minions.
Made with 100% meat by-products.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:26 pm

That would be interesting. Maybe they could replace the Crypt & the Masoleum. ;)

Lu-Tze

Post by Lu-Tze » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:45 pm

The two vaults have already replaced the crypt and mausoleum.

There is a superunique in one of the vaults(Nightshank), so that could be turned into a family member.
~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Hraefn

Necromancer Suggestion

Post by Hraefn » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:58 am

Hello, bit of a new player here but I had a thought regarding the one of the new Necromancer abilities..

The Resist Poison aura is really a bit useless as it stands, not much utility and too hard to switch on and off as you encounter the very few horrifying poison beasties.

How about instead "Eternal Slumber." A starting small and increasing as points go in aura-type radius of "Slain Monsters Rest In Peace." This certainly fits into the Necromancer idea as they are supposed to have heavy control over the dead, and could even be rationalized as part of the poison line. I.e. you've poisoned them with something bizzare that prevents the dead from rising, as they just die again instantly anyway. I believe that's even an oldschool AD&D rule, that if someone died of nasty poison and you ressurect them they re-croak right away? It's been a while.

In any case it fits in with the class, and it would be undeniably bloody useful, both single player and multi games. It's also nothing overwhelmingly nutty offense-wise or anything like that.

Would seem an improvement.

H. :skullflash:
Last edited by Hraefn on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pagan Heart”