[FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:34 pm

We'll see ;) I just think it'll be a pain for others that already have their plugy setup with certain settings.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:44 pm

Not really, because you change only the Fixed ini file which isn't a user file.
I have do the new configuration system of PlugY for that ;)

An example of PlugYFixed.ini for you : (EDITED)

Code: Select all

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
;                                                                                      ;
;                              "PlugY, The Survival Kit"                               ;
;                                 Configuration file                                   ;
;                                                                                      ;
;                                  by Yohann Nicolas                                   ;
;                                    version 4.04                                      ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;

; See PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_-_Readme.txt file for more documentation.
; Voir le fichier PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_-_LisezMoi.txt pour plus d'information.
; Siehe PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_-_Liesmich.txt für weitere Informationen

[GENERAL]
ActivePlugin=1

[LANGUAGE]
;ENG|ESP|DEU|FRA|POR|ITA|JPN|KOR|SIN|CHI|POL|RUS
ActiveLanguageManagement=1
DefaultLanguage=ENG
AvailableLanguages=ENG|FRA

[MAIN SCREEN]
ActiveVersionTextChange=1
VersionText=Pagan Heart v 0.83b
ColorOfVersionText=0

[WORLD EVENT]
ActiveWorldEvent=0

[EXTRA] 
AlwaysRegenMapInSP=1

; More features later... :)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Comments :
In AvailableLanguages put all supported language
Disabled the worldEvent if it don't work on your mod.
if you want the map regenerated at each game use AlwaysRegenMapInSP

You can put all others unused fields in the PlugYDefault.ini if you want.
Last edited by Yohann on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PlugY v10.00 : Download - Forum
Fix TXT Opened Files With MS Excel : v1.11 - v1.10
DualPlayer
: v1.11 - v1.10 - v1.09

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:08 pm

Probably not gonna use that this patch but possibly the next then :)

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:07 am

Please please please, could it be possible to change a little the poison missile of raptors/salamanders? Poison damages is OK, but it seems that the impact damages are physical, and are made multiple time (maybe 5-10) in something like 1-2 secondes. Even with 75% poison resist (and 10% physical), this mean instant kill for me and my merc/valk. It seems that merc/summons suffer extra damage-lenght with poison in D2 (not only in Pagan heart), so this could be a side effect. I'm ok to use a lot of antidote, but these impact damages are way too powerfull i think. Even if I go back to /Players 1 .... :(
I'm just a french fan..

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:59 pm

Hmmm...well the missiles themselves are still vanilla act 5 clawviper ones but I'll look into it.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Re: [FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Post by erevos » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:12 am

Hi this is my first log i've just registered in the forums, im from Greece and my name is Konstantinos (i hope its not a difficult one) :D

Well i've tried almost all mods and i think yours and EFTA in 2nd place are the best. ok enough with introducing :D

So my suggest is this, i dont know if its possible but can u create a new weapon? a sacram like Xena has (in the serie on tv) a weapon that hits enemy's and works like boomerang. maybe the normal could have 3 hits and a unique 15 hits.

oh i loved minotaur's (dont forget im from greece) :D

Thanx for the fantastic mod!!

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:50 pm

erevos";p="214615" wrote:Hi this is my first log i've just registered in the forums, im from Greece and my name is Konstantinos
Welcome to the Keep and to PH :)
erevos";p="214615" wrote:(i hope its not a difficult one) :D
It's one of the only two Greek first names I actually DO know ;)
erevos";p="214615" wrote:Well i've tried almost all mods and i think yours and EFTA in 2nd place are the best. ok enough with introducing :D
Thanks a lot :)
erevos";p="214615" wrote:So my suggest is this, i dont know if its possible but can u create a new weapon? a sacram like Xena has (in the serie on tv) a weapon that hits enemy's and works like boomerang. maybe the normal could have 3 hits and a unique 15 hits.
Not sure if someone with more missile.txt editing experience than myself could create a weapon like that using chain lightning-esque logic but it's a bit beyond me I'm afraid. Got some nice inventory images for them so I more powerful version of the throwing stars is definately possible.
erevos";p="214615" wrote:oh i loved minotaur's (dont forget im from greece) :D
hehe figures ;)

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:11 pm

Hi again and thanx for the answer, im full of ideas so i hope i would not be boring by writing them, u can take lots of ideas by the greek mythology for monster like Centaurus (half human half horse) Cyclope's or horses with a horn like the Pegasus, i would love if i could see on the mercs the diferent weapons the colors of the armor, and it would be very realistic if the archers dropped bows, i mean if a monster holds axe then the axe could be droppable and to be right and fair i dont know if any of this is possible so dont feel guilts :)

if i have write anything weird sorry i have learned english alone.

i play many hours diablo cause im staying a lot at home, i have a cinetik problem im in wheelchair and diablo is a good companion so thanks again for the nice balanced and playable mod.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:52 pm

Well the Cyclops is actually on the "to do" list as a new monster for the Worldstone Keep at some point to break up the monotony and the act 2 merc is a bariaur (half man, half goat but more goat than a satyr) so apparently we're not too far off base :) With such a wealth of info at your disposal have you ever thought about making a mod based on Greek mythology yourself? Personalities and monsters are almost limitless and we have animations available at Infinitum for Chimeras (or are they Roman and I'm thinking of Cerebus?), Harpies, Cyclops, Minotaurs etc (gotta love the movies Clash of the Titans and Jason and the Argonaouts :D) Just imagine having the golden fleece as a unique armor ;)

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:33 pm

Or the pelt of the Nemean Lion for that matter..... Say that's an idea. Make it a superunique that's got low HP but is highly resistant/immune to almost everything, and have it be the only thing that can drop the Pelt item.

Erm anyways.... You sure you don't want to make throwing hammers a 2x3 item?
Currently working on making an Andariel Player character.
Status of my Mod: Assimilated

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:32 pm

marhawkman";p="215014" wrote:Erm anyways.... You sure you don't want to make throwing hammers a 2x3 item?
Yep pretty sure ;)

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:41 am

Well im happy that im not out of base :D

Yes i have think about it but i dont know about modding... it would be great if hmmm instead of barb be the Hercules or Paladin becomes Achileus etc. the variety to weapons and names is endless, think if Tyrael was Zeus :D well enough with the dreams maybe someone one day will make it happend. it would be awesome!

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:53 am

We should probably get back to the subject of PH suggestions but I think it'd definately be worth you looking into as changing the basic concept would be primarily just string editing which with the right program(s) is just plain text editing. Check out the Beginner's Guide in our file center :)

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:36 am

Sorry about that :D i will give it a try.

i really like to see more new maps, oh and one thing that i like in normal diablo was the secret rooms but only in jails are, maybe some rooms could be full of traps and forbitten to enter and it would be on the player risk to enter.

DarkSlash

Post by DarkSlash » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:30 am

Here's a suggestion that I think would be useful:

Make it so the new potions(vapiric touch, shock, etc) can be drunk by mercenaries. I think it would make these potions a lot more useful(im a sorc so most of them don't apply for me). also...damn i can't remember my other suggestion lol...hmm..well i'll edit when i remember.

I got a question though...is the item drop possibility the same on lvl 4 of the underdark on all 3 difficulties? 'Cause when I went in nightmare it seemed like there were hardly any drops.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, this would prob best go under the .89 comments but i don't feel like making a new post: the chest right beside Akara has a habit of dropping 0 Gold Pieces. Nothing wrong except its an oxymoron ;).
Also another question: where do you find unmarked potions to use scrying glasses on? I've found a couple of these and would like to be able to use them ;)

Cheers!
Last edited by DarkSlash on Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:42 am

Potions of mercs isn't possible without CE sorry.

As for the Underdark question, the drops should still be pretty much even (ish) I think..

Ulmo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Ulmo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:10 pm

OK just some ideas for future development. They may not being worth the effort, but that's up to you :)
  • redraw "on ground" potions, the red/blue things are not up to date. (BTW maybe some other items need it too...)
  • make new skills icons, at least for skills that you changed from vanilla.
  • It's quite disturbing to read english and hear french. Can't you support other languages (with the help of some forum members of course) ? Or find a way to replace dialogs ?
  • Missing minimaps. You already answered to this, I will try to do something myself.
  • Complete animations when character is using a torch. I mean display the torch instead of nothing. And if this could be done, you can even consider drawing other items such holy graal/urn/spellbook/...
  • Maybe some TC/uniquelevel/setlevel need rebalancing : I have found 8 unique/set items with my level 20 character, and 3 of them aren't useable until level 60+ (88 for one of them)
Well, I had great fun when exploring the (deep) area taking place under tamoe highland. Difficult monsters, long dungeon, I hope I will find another one soon :) Thanks again for your work.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:34 pm

Ulmo";p="215275" wrote:redraw "on ground" potions, the red/blue things are not up to date. (BTW maybe some other items need it too...)
Maybe. I'm not a graphical artist and it's a lot of work for little result.
Ulmo";p="215275" wrote:make new skills icons, at least for skills that you changed from vanilla.
I was thinking about that but figured it'd look too mismatched. When we get around to finalizing a skill set (or getting a skill editor to help) the icons will most likely be changed and the synergy displays added.
Ulmo";p="215275" wrote:It's quite disturbing to read english and hear french. Can't you support other languages (with the help of some forum members of course) ? Or find a way to replace dialogs ?
Ummm...maybe but then you have the issue of which languages to support and lots of other people to bug. I still want to hear the German audio for Cain and Lysander ;)
Ulmo";p="215275" wrote:Missing minimaps. You already answered to this, I will try to do something myself.
Fair enough.
Ulmo";p="215275" wrote:Complete animations when character is using a torch. I mean display the torch instead of nothing. And if this could be done, you can even consider drawing other items such holy graal/urn/spellbook/...
See above ;)
Ulmo";p="215275" wrote:Maybe some TC/uniquelevel/setlevel need rebalancing : I have found 8 unique/set items with my level 20 character, and 3 of them aren't useable until level 60+ (88 for one of them)
Were they all jewellery by any chance? If not what did you get and where?
Ulmo";p="215275" wrote:Well, I had great fun when exploring the (deep) area taking place under tamoe highland. Difficult monsters, long dungeon, I hope I will find another one soon :) Thanks again for your work.
The Underdark's one of my favorites :D The Ancients Tunnels in Act 2 and the sewers in Act 3 would make nice "improved" dungeons too.

Ulmo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Ulmo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:22 pm

Phrozen Heart";p="215287" wrote:
Ulmo";p="215275" wrote:Complete animations when character is using a torch. I mean display the torch instead of nothing. And if this could be done, you can even consider drawing other items such holy graal/urn/spellbook/...
See above ;)
Well I do not agree with the "little result", but I won't say it too loud because the only answer I can get would be "if you really want do it yourself" ;)
Phrozen Heart";p="215287" wrote:
Ulmo";p="215275" wrote:Maybe some TC/uniquelevel/setlevel need rebalancing : I have found 8 unique/set items with my level 20 character, and 3 of them aren't useable until level 60+ (88 for one of them)
Were they all jewellery by any chance? If not what did you get and where?
To be more precise (honest ?) it was 6 uniques/5 sets. One unique ring (The circlet of suffering) is reqlevel 65 and one set necklace (Mithykyl's charm) is reqlevel 80.
So you seems to be already aware of what I'm talking about :)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:36 pm

Hopefully set/unique jewellery should drop nearer it's levelreq in v0.9.

Aurelianus

Post by Aurelianus » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:18 pm

Hi Noble Adventurers!

Topic: More impressive Design

Pagan Rainfall better likes drawing than Phrozen Heart??? I hope.
There are tons of cosmetic "draw need" equipment in your brand new opus!
(Potions, torch, books, urns, etc. mentioned by a french knight in the upper lines.)

I look forward to your quick reply.

Faithfully yours,
A.
Last edited by Aurelianus on Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:01 pm

She is, but neither of us are 3D modellers...

Aurelianus

Post by Aurelianus » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:52 am

My suggestion is...

Hey, P.H. please recruit some 3d modellers. "More people can bulid a more marvellous castle."

Its the weakpoint.
High time to upgrade your team!
God bless you! Good luck!

Molmoch

Crazy Posters

Post by Molmoch » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:28 pm

Bah.

The graphics are fine. No need to fight with 3d issues. That is not the point of the mod. Its supposed to show new possible monsters and item graphics.

I think this is pretty good as a mod that does not include skill changes to the characters.

Keep up the good work!

Millenia

Post by Millenia » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:41 pm

I'm pretty good at 3d modeling, and if you want to change the 3d models at some point, I'd like to help :cool:

Return to “Pagan Heart”