A few questions about the 9.3 version

Information and discussion for the Cubaholics mod. If you have any questions regarding the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Hades

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

A few questions about the 9.3 version

Post by marhawkman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:55 pm

In your cubaholic mod you made it so that the amulets could transform you into Andariel. Could this sort of thing be applied to the base character class? for my mod I want to have the character always look like Andariel.

Oh and what do I need to do to remove the cap on how much vendors will give you for stuff?

Hehe. I found a few bugs in your mod.
1. Potions don't work.

2: It doesn't generate uniques from the Expansion.

3: it took me almost an hour of gambling to use up the 10 million gold. (Oh wait that's not really a bug)

And for orange's mod:

4: The great helm doesn't display properly when your character wears it.

PS: Orange's nude assassin plugin and your mod seem to work nicely together.
Currently working on making an Andariel Player character.
Status of my Mod: Assimilated

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: A few questions about the 9.3 version

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:15 pm

[quote=marhawkman";p="200062"]In your cubaholic mod you made it so that the amulets could transform you into Andariel. Could this sort of thing be applied to the base character class? for my mod I want to have the character always look like Andariel. [/quote]
If you do a search in GMM I think Joel or someone posted a tutorial about how to shut off the light so you could use torchs. Well this works by making the starting characters have a hidden passive so instead of having that passive reduce light radius you could have it so the passive uses the andy state instead. I think I left the TXT files in the d/l so you can see how to create the new states at least. Another option is have the player start with a new unique amulet with the shapeshifting modifier and call it a "soul stone" or whatever.

[quote=marhawkman";p="200062"]Oh and what do I need to do to remove the cap on how much vendors will give you for stuff? [/quote]
On the right hand side of npc.txt if I remember rightly. It lets you set the cap for each vendor for each difficulty. The left hand side defines the value:buy and value:sell ratios.

[quote=marhawkman";p="200062"]Hehe. I found a few bugs in your mod.[/quote]
No big surprise there as it was just an unsupported screw around ;)

[quote=marhawkman";p="200062"]1. Potions don't work. [/quote]
LOL kinda big that one. All potions?

[quote=marhawkman";p="200062"]2: It doesn't generate uniques from the Expansion. [/quote]
Which part doesn't?

[quote=marhawkman";p="200062"]3: it took me almost an hour of gambling to use up the 10 million gold. (Oh wait that's not really a bug)[/quote]
That's the idea, it's as close to "Infinite Gold" as possible.

[quote=marhawkman";p="200062"]And for orange's mod:

4: The great helm doesn't display properly when your character wears it.

PS: Orange's nude assassin plugin and your mod seem to work nicely together.[/quote]
Yeah there's a few head/helm bugs with that one apparently.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:47 pm

I'll have to double check but I think it's all potions that don't work. I went outside town and just stood there and let some stuff hit me, then I right click on fullrejuv and nothing happens. I tried it with super healing, minor healing potions and minor mana potions and they did the same thing. IE nothing.

I went and gambled for rings and amulets a while, then transmuted them into uniques. After transmuting a dozen or so times, it quit giving me uniques and gave me nothing but rares instead. Then I went and looked at what I'd got and noticed that it hadn't given me any rings or amulets from the expansion. I also tried transmuting a katar and I got a rare.

I looked at that problem in oranges plugin and it appears that he simply forgot to do a new anim for that helm. Since he uses a totally new character model the graphics don't match up unless you're standing still.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:36 pm

[quote=marhawkman";p="200071"]I'll have to double check but I think it's all potions that don't work. I went outside town and just stood there and let some stuff hit me, then I right click on fullrejuv and nothing happens. I tried it with super healing, minor healing potions and minor mana potions and they did the same thing. IE nothing.[/quote]
Probably something simple with the itemtypes or something, feel free to have a play with it ;)

[quote=marhawkman";p="200071"]I went and gambled for rings and amulets a while, then transmuted them into uniques. After transmuting a dozen or so times, it quit giving me uniques and gave me nothing but rares instead. Then I went and looked at what I'd got and noticed that it hadn't given me any rings or amulets from the expansion. I also tried transmuting a katar and I got a rare.[/quote]
I think that might be a level issue with the rings/amulets and as for the rares the game will only spawn the same unique once unless you edit the column in uniqueitems.txt. Does the katar has a unique btw?

[quote=marhawkman";p="200071"]I looked at that problem in oranges plugin and it appears that he simply forgot to do a new anim for that helm. Since he uses a totally new character model the graphics don't match up unless you're standing still.[/quote]
Well if the regular helm works maybe you could clone those DCC files over the bad ones?

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:29 pm

Well the transmutation problem doesn't seem to be a level issue. I was able to have a level 4 character transmute to get a unique armor with a level of 16. And when I was transmuting the rings the character I was using had a level of 99.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:31 pm

I just meant for the purpose of spawning but you're right, in theory a level 1 can spawn even the best gear.

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:09 pm

So got any ideas on why it won't transmute to give the rings from the expansion?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:15 pm

Not off the top of my head sorry. Maybe try posting in GMM and asking them why a unique maker recipe won't spawn expansion items. Make sure you put it as a modding question or it'll probably just get moved back here.

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:00 am

Actually i went back and rechecked my data. and came to a startling conclusion about the way it generated the rings. I'll put it in psuedo code.

If Drop_Unique_ring = true then choose_ring_to_drop

choose_ring_to_drop: if result(randomly select ring from all unique rings in game)= already_dropped then make rare ring instead.

Okay my psuedo code was horrible.

Basically each time it goes to generate a ring it decides what ring it wants to make and if it's been dropped already, then it will make a rare ring instead of picking a different unique.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:11 pm

I get the idea ;)

Still doesn't explain the expansion problem though...

btw. I think Hades might be interested in carrying this mod on ;)

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:33 pm

Well the reason I wasn't getting expansion rings was that I hadn't transmuted often enough. I went back and transmuted another 100 times or so and got most of them too.

EDIT: Oh and I'm considering using some of it's features in my mod. Mostly the one for changing stuff from regular to Set. I wanna make the low level sets accessable enough that people will actually use them.
Last edited by marhawkman on Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:49 am

Well here's my little contribution for this mod.Yes I've been toying with adding more with it but I'm not finished,probably awhile as I would love to throw alot in lol.
Anyways first off I added set transmute in recipe to it already.More or less to have fun with.But it's very simple.Actually you could just clone the uniques recipes and switch it to set's instead and it will work also.Tried and it works well.
The uniques rings will work for all and you are right on the spawn thing about if one drops it will make it rare if it picks it.But mostly it will make em all unless you go out and make some drop blah ,blah.I was also toying around with unique charms and jewels and it was working nicely ,just a matter if I want em all in lol.
I am playing with a reuseable cow level portal also for a different add in.Makes a diff change and more re playing the famous cow level.
As for the skill charms,well I think that subject has alot more skill's to add for playing around with.
Basically there's alot more to add in but again I think there's alot to throw in to make it full of choices in this mod.Kind of a whole updated look to it for everyone.
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:36 pm

Hehe. I already aded recipies for cubing set peices. To my version of it.... The recipie for set stuff seems to have another problem. Certain sets come up way more oftem when you transmute for rings, namely cathan's traps, and Angelic Raiment.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:24 am

Well to give you a quick hint,I was merely mentioning the clone the unique rows and change em to sets for an easy way for you.Now for myself I made individual set pieces able to be transmuted with different recipes.This way I got around the random aspect of it.I like the random part in some ways also but I needed a more exact recipe for some things just to make sure everyone would be happy.
But by all means go ahead and enjoy the other way,nothing wrong that way either,just not what I wanted.Anyways enjoy yourself with this as there's lots of possibilities heh heh...
nuff said
Hades

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:47 am

So are you takin over the darn thing or what ;)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:00 pm

Yup you got it bud. ;) Gives me something to mod in between Underworld when I'm taking a break from it lol.(or just getting mad at it lol)
So yeah I'm taking it over and adding lots of stuff to it.Giving it a new look and perhaps a new feel to it.
nuff said
Hades

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:32 pm

Guess it's not an "unsupported mod" anymore then :D

Return to “Cubaholics”