Cubaholics v0.92. Only part of it works?

Information and discussion for the Cubaholics mod. If you have any questions regarding the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Hades

bouncer843

Cubaholics v0.92. Only part of it works?

Post by bouncer843 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:53 am

I just downloaded the latest Cubaholics and got it installed but when I try use it doesn't look like all of it is working. I can buy the herb and get a cube, I can create a perfect gem, and a few other recps work, but most of them don't. I was running the one for d2 1.09d with no problems but stopped when d2 110 came out and just saw that the new Cubaholics is supposed to work with d2 v110 so I thougth i'd give it a try....Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.........

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Cubaholics v0.92. Only part of it works?

Post by kingpin » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:12 pm

Welcome to Phrozen Keep,

Check this thread.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:17 pm

Strange. Admitedly I only checked the recipes once after porting to v1.10 and since that point I've only tested the new features rather than all of them to date :(

[edit] Just playtested EVERY function of the mod and it all seems to be working fine. What seemed to be the problem?
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:17 pm

bouncer843" wrote:PhrozenHeart: I havn't dabbled into modding alot so I don't know if this means anything, but I went and looked in the excel folder of the .92 version and only saw 3 .txt files and their 3 .bin files, I then looked into the .mpq of .83 and it has about 30 .txt files in it plus several other folders that are not in .92. So digging a little more I opened the cubemain.txt with D2excel and saw that .92 only had 267 lines while .83 had 783. Again, I'am not up on how alot of the modding stuff works, so I'll applogize ahead of time if I'am stepping on any toes :) .....
No problem bouncer, any feedback is always appreciated :)

v0.83 for the last patch did contain a LOT more recipes than the new one but if you read the version history at the bottom of the v0.92 readme:
v0.9a
First public release for beta patch v1.10s. The mod has been reverted back to it's core form to remove existing bugs.
The files that should be included are:

cubemain.txt (Implementing the cube recipes)
cubemain.bin
misc.txt (Implementing the herbs and elixir)
misc.bin
npc.txt (Raising the NPC buy cap)
npc.bin

This seem to correspond with what you have?

Which features in the v0.92 readme don't seem to be working for you?
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

bouncer843

Post by bouncer843 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:26 pm

Ok guys, just call me stupid. In my haste to get back to pounding quill rats into submission I didnt bother to RTFM, I didn't notice in the version history the little line that said v.9a has been reverted back to it's core form. It works great now that I'am using the right recipes :) Thanks for the info.......

And Kingpin, thanks for the welcome.........

Return to “Cubaholics”