Trying to make an updated 1.10 "Cubaholics" mod, b

Information and discussion for the Cubaholics mod. If you have any questions regarding the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Hades

TheMessiah

Trying to make an updated 1.10 "Cubaholics" mod, b

Post by TheMessiah » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:14 pm

I'm having a few problems with the upgrade recipes. I've double checked the armor.txt and weapons.txt files to make sure they didn't change item codes, but they didn't.

Here's my problem:
For some of the recipes, when it should give the next Helm/Armor/whatever, it gives me an Overseer Skull (the elite Necro shield). I've made sure that the recipes are correct, and they are, but I always get this weird thing.

Here are a few recipes that give me this output:

Town Portal Scroll+Quilted Armor (should)= Leather Armor
tsc+qui=lea

Town Portal Scroll+Buckler (should)= Small Shield
tsc+buc=sml

Both of those gives me an Overseer Skull when I actually cube them in a game. There are many more that give me an Overseer Skull, and I have no idea why.
Last edited by TheMessiah on Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Trying to make an updated 1.10 "Cubaholics" mo

Post by Black Heart » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:45 pm

First thing that come to mind reading this topic is why you would want to update someone else mod? If I am not mistaken this mod was created by Phrozen keep. Perhaps you should request information on any update plans he may have for this mod.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

BeyondEnraged

Post by BeyondEnraged » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:53 pm

Not to undercut any of the Keep members, but this mod only requires a few recipes. IIRC, this mod was in place in order to use the cube to make Uniques (Rares), Sets (Magic) and add sockets. I really don't know how you keep spawning the overseer skulls unless you have something fishy in your output column. The best way to do this, in my opinion, is to put ...

Ex.
"weap,mag" (or just "weap") in input 1.
"isc" (identify scroll) in input 2

"usetype,uni" in output

Set the lvl =99*

Put a "0" (zero) in the last column eol = end of line

go in the game and put a weapon and an id scroll in the cube..

the weapon should upgrade to the unique version.

Edit: I was tired, and I made a mistake with noting what to put in the level columns... forgive me :(

Hope this helped,
BE
Last edited by BeyondEnraged on Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------------
Check out my:Home Page | Project Page

adamantine
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by adamantine » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:35 pm

No, use lvl=99, the other 2 unless you have an ilvl 99 item(or are level 99) won't produce the correct items.

Edit > Removed an I. :oops:
Last edited by adamantine on Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurker Lounge | Amazon Basin | Atma

Don't you know yet who I am / Working harder for the man

TheMessiah

Post by TheMessiah » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:09 am

[quote=Black Heart";p="136812"]First thing that come to mind reading this topic is why you would want to update someone else mod? If I am not mistaken this mod was created by Phrozen keep. Perhaps you should request information on any update plans he may have for this mod.[/quote]

I have already talked to the original creator of it. He has informed me that he's planning to do an updated version (I never would of released it publicly unless he gave me permission first). And I never said I was making this mod for public release. It was mainly for personal use (and for a few friends), since I like to test things for closed realms on open.

To BeyondRage:
All the Set/Unique/Rare recipes work flawlessly (even the added Magic -> Unique Charm recipes). But I still have no idea why I get these Overseer Skulls.
Last edited by TheMessiah on Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

adamantine
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by adamantine » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:46 am

You could try making 2 recipes; one for armo and other for weap, that might fix it.
Lurker Lounge | Amazon Basin | Atma

Don't you know yet who I am / Working harder for the man

TheMessiah

Post by TheMessiah » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:56 am

I'll fiddle around with it later, when I get some time. Hopefully I can find out the problem.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:13 am

Feel free to modify your personal version however you wish but I'd prefer you didn't release it to the public unless it's vastly different from the original. I haven't re-implemented the cycling recipes in the current version for 1.10 final but I will at some point.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

TheMessiah

Post by TheMessiah » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:35 am

Ok, I just added the same recipe to an unmodded CubeMain.txt file and the Quilted -> Leather Armor recipe worked. This completely stumps me, since the recipe is (or at least should be) the same in the other file. Time to get out my fine-toothed comb and see what's going on.

To PhrozenHeart:
I'm gonna create a CubeMod from scratch (not copy/paste any of your recipes, but actually hand type them). I'll keep your "Item Cycler" idea, as I like that since it makes it much easier to get a specific item. And as all CubeMods have, I'll have the basics, Set Creator/Unique/Rare/Socket, etc. I'll add in other things that I'd like to have (duplicate item, make item Ethereal, etc).

Kittani

Post by Kittani » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:52 am

hmmm as far as uniques go i had a quick question. Is it possible to disable the "No more than one of a given unique spawns in a game" function? i'd like to get 2 lightsabres or 2 grandfathers going but the second one always shows up as a rare (probably because of the above restriction) any clues as to how to get rid of that without editing the game code? (IE in text files)

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:07 pm

There is a nolimit column in 1.10 uniqueitems.txt
if you set it to 1, you can drop any unique more than once in the same game.
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

TheMessiah

Post by TheMessiah » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:06 pm

Ok, I finally got around to trying to fix the problem. And the reason I was getting the Overseer Skulls everytime, was because of one wrong recipe. I had the output an incorrect item code, and every recipe that was below that gave an Overseer Skull (that was the output of the very next recipe). Did this happen in 1.09? or previous versions?

BeyondEnraged

Post by BeyondEnraged » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:00 pm

To sum it up briefly...

Let's say you have two recipes in cubemain.txt. The recipe above calls for an x amount of ingredients and yields an output, and the recipe below it has the same type, and amount, of ingredients below it; it will completely ignore the recipe below it....

and just execute the one above it.

Did that make sense?

BE

BTW, this has always been the case as far as I can rememeber...

TheMessiah

Post by TheMessiah » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:26 am

BeyondRage, I don't think you understood me. Here's what happened;

This was the incorrect recipe;
Input 1: isc (ID Scroll)
Input 2: neb (Minion Skull)
Output : nec (what I thought was the HellSpawn Skull, I used a website list of item codes instead of using the codes found in Armor.txt and Weapons.txt)

Now the very next recipe was;
Input1 : isc (ID Scroll)
Input2 : nec (*read above for "nec")
Output : ned (Overseer Skull)

Now, almost every recipe below those would give me an Overseer Skull as output. Even if the recipes were 100% correct, they would still give me the Overseer Skull due to the two recipes above. Common sense would say that an incorrect recipe would just be ignored, but it wasn't.

For example,
Input1 : isc (ID Scroll)
Input2 : qui
Output : lea

That is 100% correct. But when I actually did the cubing in a game, I wouuld get an Overseer Skull instead of Leather Armor (because it was below the two incorrect Necro Shield recipes).
Last edited by TheMessiah on Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeyondEnraged

Post by BeyondEnraged » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:25 am

Messiah,

The same rule above still applies here. Cubemain has always been fishy about similar recipes. The only way to be sure that each recipe will work is to make sure you don't have any similar recipes above it. One thing I noticed in your recipes, that has always been a no-no in my modding, is that your input1 should defenitly not be an identify scroll.

Rule of thumb:
Input1 = the item that is meant to be changed.

BE

TheMessiah

Post by TheMessiah » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:41 pm

In the future I'll be sure to follow that. I always do the easy part first (just type "isc" and then use the 'Fill Down' feature) then the hard part.

Return to “Cubaholics”