how to fix lenguage problem...

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.
Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

how to fix lenguage problem...

Post by Vendanna » Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:20 pm

well, I remember you said you added a file (that I don't remember name) that ends in lenguage/eng or something like that.

I remember after looking in some place that lenguages are in some part like fre (for french version) and esp (for spanish version of the game) or Deu (for german version) so why you don't copy all the eng archive as ESP to force all the names in spanish get replaced by the names in english?

it maybe a solution for the problem, don't know if you know what I'm trying to said :oops:

also, I saw a monster without name, its one of those witches that throw poisons and curses (I think) that can appear on the frozen river and in the world stone chamber.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:02 am

The easiest way to force English is to include a one-byte file in data\local. Set this byte to 00 (can be done with a hex editor easily enough), and the file name is USE (with no extension). You don't need the english version of D2Lang.dll to take advantage of this force.

The French version has 03 in the byte.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Seven Lances”