Act5 Mercenaries Whirlwind problem :( and other problems too

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.
Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Act5 Mercenaries Whirlwind problem :( and other problems too

Post by Vendanna » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:31 pm

the Act5 mercenaries doing WW, cool to see them, sadly they doesn't use it properly, and I find them annoying, more of his time my merc is running far of the monsters to use the WW attack, and if they have up to 6 attacks with WW (max number of hits in the game with WW range 3 weapon) they only hit with his last one before they stop the attack.

why you did he click on the near monster with the WW? with this attack you should make them attack the fartest monster to attack all monsters in his way, or attack in a empty space for better effect, something similiar to Talic WW :(

if not, I find they are more effective without WW and using concentrate or Berserk than trying to kill something with WW :(

also, I want to ask if its posible to add an Act 4 mercenary in the Game (bought from Tyrael) with the names of the testers. probably something between the Act2 mercenaries and the act3 ones with the form of Paladins :)

other problem is that I can't see the names of the unique items, all of them said "not defined - ask kell" probably because I have the Spanish Version.

there is some way to make them appear correctly?

last problem, I see all the affixes in English between brackets, is there someway to change them to Spanish (I want to change mine's only)

thanks and good End Season.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:15 pm

That's the way the merc's AI works, they target the nearest monster, and I can't do anything to change that.

What I do plan on doing though, is adding the charge skill to the barbarian merc's arsenal.

I know they were better the old way, but they were also a free tank, and that was what was intended to be nerfed. Upping their damage in other ways, or maybe even giving them warcries, are some possibilities though.

As for your spanish problems, I had thought that suppling the english d2lang.dll would solve your problems by forcing the game to display everything in english, but apparantly they have not, I don't really understand why. I will try the [use] file approach in the next release in an attempt to fix this.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:40 pm

thank you very much.

I think better than Charge (paladin Skill) give them Berserk, so they actually can kill PI monsters, but the cost is that they can't leech life back.

I was thinking if it was posible to add an Act4 Mercenary (bought from Tyrael) like Paladins (paladin Variants as Vindicator/Zealot/Hammerdin) with our names (something like Blizzard North did with the Admin in Diabloii.net Elly/Gaile rogue and Scorch act 3 mercenary) it should be a cross between the Act 3 Mercenary and the Act 5 Barbarians.

thank you for the Help, Waiting to see the next Patch and enjoy this great mod :)

Edit: probably add an Act 4 mercenary should require too much editing :(

I think is better give the Act 5 Barbarians the Leap Attack skill than mess them with Charge that is a Paladin Skill, remember they are Barbs afterall :p
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

AK404

Post by AK404 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:33 pm

Leap Attack would be wonky with Barbs. They'd be spending more time in the air than actually attacking anything...leaving monsters to target you.

The problem with Berserk is that...well, the leech is low, and there's no way for you to control the merc from not using this high-damage, no defense, low-leech skill.
Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

- Siddhartha Gautama Buddha

DDDiablo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by DDDiablo » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:21 pm

AK404 hehe.
You forgot, this is not the AB. Ab is about improving skills. Foxbat wants to nerf the Barb as a tank. If that's what he wants, Leaf Attack is best IMHO. Prevents the Barb from being an effective tank and still not make him useless.

Return to “Seven Lances”