Resist Prefixes/Suffixes on a Macintosh Computer

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.
Aular

Resist Prefixes/Suffixes on a Macintosh Computer

Post by Aular » Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:34 pm

Good afternoon ;)

I've a friend who's been playing Seven Lances with me - she owns a Mac, and downloaded the MPQs. We noticed something - all items that contain resists show up as having no resists on them for her. When she puts them on her character, the resists don't register, either. When I pick up the same item - they're there, and work when I put them on.

Just thought we should point this out to someone. We're in normal act 2, currently, so it's not a major issue *yet*. I know that as we progress to act 4 and 5, that the no resists thing is going to hurt ;). She's an assassin, so she has access to Fade (not familiar with the class or skill).

Anyways, thanks for the Mod, and hopefully this helps fix something!

*bows*
Aular of the Light
Elder, Webmaster and Scribe Master; Knights of the Forgotten Order

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:22 pm

Seven Lances is a PC mod, unfortunately. Mac players would get the changes that are stored in the patch mpq, but none of the DLL changes. We don't know a coder who understands both Intel and Motorola assembly languages, who would be able to dig through the Mac code and make the translations necessary to implement any mod's custom code.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Quark

Post by Quark » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:04 pm

Well, as long as the PC is hosting the game the character shouldn't have problems w/ the resists, the Mac will just interpret them wrong.

However, sync problems will be bad, and could easily get worse. I'm sure if you keep playing you'll see a big deal of wierd events.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:13 am

The host computer would handle any changes in a program path originating in d2game.dll. But any path originating in d2client.dll would be at risk, as I believe those are on the guest computer. I can't confirm this, Ollydbg isn't cooperating with me if I try running a multiplayer game. Is there some trick to this for those who have done it?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:17 am

All changes regarding resistances were done with d2game.dll. If the PC is hosting the game, there shouldn't be any problems. Maybe I somehow botched and desynchronized the contents of the MPQs but that seems unlikely, it's probably some deeper problem. :-|

Return to “Seven Lances”