Cubing Normals with Sockets

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.
Aular

Cubing Normals with Sockets

Post by Aular » Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:26 pm

A few people have said they could do this ... I still haven't been able to.

I place a normal (not superior) Shard Blade into my cube with 2 Emeralds (Not Chipped, Flawed, Flawless or Perfect) and 2 Rubies .... hit the magic button, and according to the recipe, I should get a 6-socketed Shard Blade. I'll also mention I'm a level 37 paladin, in case clvl matters (does it?).

I've tried two "cracked" (Chipped, right?) Two cracked and two flawed. 4 flawed. 2 flawed and 2 normal ... all the of listed recipes, and I can't get the Shard Blade to get a single hole in it. I checked the code listed on Aurikan's site (thank you!), and noticed that Shard blades can have 6 sockets.

What am I doing wrong? I'm obviously just not getting it ... since I've read other's posts who have gotten it to work.

Any help you can render would be appreciated ;)

*bows*
Aular of the Light
Elder, Webmaster and Scribe Master; Knights of the Forgotten Order

Tsunami

Other notes

Post by Tsunami » Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:56 am

Tried the following with a level 80 sorceress
elite broad sword - 4 normal gems = 4 sockets
elite pick axe - 2 normal, 2 flawed = 5 sockets
elite Long Battle Bow - 4 flawed = 4 sockets
elite Field Plate - 4 flawed = 3 sockets

no real pattern so no idea and help would be most appreciated :)
"...we can always come back to these roads that we traveled together and find our friends."

Tsunami

Help...

Post by Tsunami » Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:16 am

Really need to know what the formula is if this has been fixed for 3 socketed armor and weapons. I have tried alot of combos and none are 3. 4 Flawed does give 3 sockets in armors but this is not what the read me says its supposed to do.

Any help here would be nice, thx.
"...we can always come back to these roads that we traveled together and find our friends."

Return to “Seven Lances”