Cube Recipe Problem

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Shadowhawk

Cube Recipe Problem

Post by Shadowhawk » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:46 pm

Hi all, new to the forum, and must say this is a very excellent mod. From the description, this is exactly what Diablo 2: LoD should have been, instead of the killfest in cows and bloody hills.

Anyways, I'm having a problem with the socketing recipes, as I'm trying to figure out the runewords (please don't post any in this thread, I wanna figure them out myself). But I was trying to create a two socket mask with the
4 cracked gems + normal item --> 2 socket item
formula, but nothing is happening when I hit transmute. I'm assuming cracked gems are chipped gems and I made sure the mask is a normal non-superior, but I still can't get it to work. Am I completely missing something here, or are they not enabled yet, or what?

Thanks in advance.

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:11 pm

Forgot to copy those! :OI:

So no, the normal socketing recipies don't work at the moment, will fix with the next patch.

Shadowhawk

Post by Shadowhawk » Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:52 pm

Damn...so no cube recipes at the moment at all? Not even the ethereal recipes or anything? ...I guess i can deal with that. What about runewords? I can at least play with those for a while if they're active. Are they active yet?

EDIT: Just got a runeword working, so that answers my question. Good stuff!

Chamooze

Post by Chamooze » Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:11 pm

I just socketed a magical armor (4 flawless gems + magic armor, just as it says in the readme)...

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:21 am

The normal socketing recipies are missing. The crafting and magical/rare socketing are all there (although I think the crafting is not as good as in the version I'm supposed to be using...)

Shadowhawk

Post by Shadowhawk » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:11 am

Got another question, as I was trying to decipher these runewords. In the readme, the runewords are desribed as ??? + rune x. Does this mean that rune x is the last rune in the runeword? Or is it just one of the many runes in the runeword?

Chamooze

Post by Chamooze » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:21 am

As far as I understood my own questions about runewords, the given rune should be the last (and thus highest) rune.

Shadowhawk

Post by Shadowhawk » Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:04 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I haven't experimented enough for concrete proof. Thanks for the answer.

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:49 am

1.04 should solve your cubing woes :mrgreen:

Shadowhawk

Another problem...

Post by Shadowhawk » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:55 pm

Just trying to hash out all the immediate problems that my (extremely limited) mind can see...

On the "Greed" runeword, it's listed one of the runes is "Greed" itself. However, there doesn't seem to be a rune with "Greed" as its description...

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:53 pm

Yep, that should be "consumption" :oops:

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:32 am

Just became aware of a nother small error. The 2 cracked gems + item normal socketing recipies still aren't working. However all the other normal socketing recipies should.

Shadowhawk

Post by Shadowhawk » Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:15 pm

I was trying for a 3 socket gothic shield today, 2 chips and 2 flawed, but that didn't work either. Something wrong with this as well?

Shadowhawk

Post by Shadowhawk » Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:08 am

Just took another look at FoxBat's post...do you mean anything with 2 chips won't work (the one socket and three socket ones)? What about the 4 chip recipe? Anything over 3 socket works?

Aular

Normal Socketting - Shard blades...

Post by Aular » Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:32 pm

I tried socketing a Shard Blade last night - with all the combinations of socketting things in the read-me (4 normals all the way to 4 chipped), and wasn't able to successfully create a socketted Shard Blade.

Are there Clvl rules in creating sockets? I was gifted a Shard from Nightmare; I'm a level 23 Paladin in normal, act 3. I think the shard was from Nightmare act 3. Do the gems all need to be the same type? The blade isn't "Superior" in any way - just a plain ole'Shard Blade.

Thanks ;)
Aular of the Light
Elder, Webmaster and Scribe Master; Knights of the Forgotten Order

Gillias

Post by Gillias » Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:03 am

There is a bug at the moment with the socketing recipes for normal armor. It is still possible to craft sockets into normal armor, up to a total of 5 (not the supposed 6). This is due to a typo in the cubemain.txt. If you want to craft *more than 1* socket into normal armor, you'll need to apply the cubing recipe for your intented number of sockets *+1*. To make things perfectly clear :

cubing recipe for 1 socket in normal, non-superior armor => 1 socket
cubing recipe for 2 sockets in normal, non-superior armor => 1 socket
cubing recipe for 3 sockets in normal, non-superior armor => 2 sockets
cubing recipe for 4 sockets in normal, non-superior armor => 3 sockets
cubing recipe for 5 sockets in normal, non-superior armor => 4 sockets
cubing recipe for 6 sockets in normal, non-superior armor => 5 sockets

I tested this last night and managed to get 3 sockets in a breastplate with the 4 flawed gems recipe.

Thanks to Aurikan for extracting and putting up the files on his website here.

EDIT : removed specification "helms and armor" for armor, as it appears to work only for body armor (e.g. breastplate).

Cheers,
Gillias.
Last edited by Gillias on Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aular

Post by Aular » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:59 pm

Gillias" wrote: I tested this last night and managed to get 3 sockets in a breastplate with the 4 flawed gems recipe.
Hm. I must be doing something wrong. I took a normal bow (A silver-Birch bow, I think it was), and started with the first listed cube recipe to put sockets into it ... and worked my way up the list through all the recipes. None of them seemed to work.

Do all the gems have to be the same type (2 rubies, as opposed to a Ruby and a sapphire)?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I haven't successfully created a normal-socketted item yet :)

*bows*
Aular of the Light
Elder, Webmaster and Scribe Master; Knights of the Forgotten Order

Gillias

Post by Gillias » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:01 am

I just crafted 2 sockets into a normal, non-superior sabre with 3 chipped skulls and 1 chipped amethyst. So that recipe works for me. The gems don't have to be of the same quality. Are you sure you're not trying with a superior item ? The item has to be of normal quality *and* non-superior for the recipe to work.

On another note : I can't get more than one socket in a normal shield or helm. Don't know what's up with this, maybe shields and helms are not armor in the cubemain.txt ? The entries for socketing normal items currently are for normal weapons (weap, nor, nos) and armor (armo, nor, nos).

Cheers,
Gillias.

Return to “Seven Lances”