Seven Lances Released!

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.
Mud

Post by Mud » Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:17 am

Hey, i started playing your mod, it installed fine for me, everything works ok, i was a bit scared at first that it didnt take cause the menu's are exactly the same, but when i actually got ingame it was quite different, so thats good. seems like alot of fun so far, ive only gotten to level 6 with my new barb, but hey i did start at 5 o clock in the morning last night. Although i love new mods, i still like to play with people online more, so if anyone is interested in playing this mod, or ME or some other mod with me, AIM me, my name is TheHolyMackeral
Peace!
Must obey the taco man!!!
-Gir
VK's Middle Earth mod, my favorite at the moment.
http://www.planetdiablo.com/vkmods/

rtcm

Post by rtcm » Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:03 pm

I've downloaded the full 1.02 version (im getting tired of all this downloads, im on a dial up modem, not everyone has cable/DSL yet). Well, i unistalled D2, reinstalled it and patched it to 1.09d. then i istalled the mod. i moved my saves to the Seven Lances' saves folder. i fired up my character, act 5 normal (SINGLEPLAYER, this time), tryed to kill a monster, and surprise.... it crashed :(. the error message is:

12:23:46.350 -------- FILE: D2Common\DATATBLS\Sequence.cpp LINE: 2863 --------

Assertion Failure
Expression : nIndex != 0

the interesting part is that i tested a lot more this time and came to this: the game also crashes when i try to open the trade window of that old woman in Harrogath, though this doesn't happen always as the other kill monster crash does. the error message is:

11:29:15.210 -------- FILE: D2Common\ITEMS\ItemMods.cpp LINE: 1110 --------

Assertion Failure
Expression : Invalid param for plus to skill item ability sk09

As you can see we have TWO different problems here. Man if you tell me you email i can send you the character file so that you can try this out. i just cant get to the internet everyday so just in couple of days i will be able to send you this.

Hope you can fix this and make such a good mod become an excelent mod.

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:01 pm

Sending me the .d2s file(s) is a great way for me to test. As stated in the readme, it's foxbat_stargazer@yahoo.com

Update: I think I figured out what is causing the sk09 error, some of the rare +skilltab affixes are missing a number :oops:

However I still don't know about that nIndex one, so please send your files on over.

And thanks for your patience and perserverence in this issue!

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:31 am

Dunno about 1.02 but in 1.01 you have 'life' as a property for some unique items.

Btw: I do think that charged strike is way more powerful than a) lightning strike, b) plague jav, and c) immolation arrow (haven't tried the others). Hell corpse spitters dead in 3 hits... Entire pack of Lister dead in less than 20 seconds... :)

And a question for you: looking at the hirelings.txt file, I chose the merc I wanted, namely the second Nightmare fire merc (there are 3 in Normal, 2 in NM and 1 in Hell). But how do I get it? (never understood that file...)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:35 am

[quote=FoxBat"]However I still don't know about that nIndex one, so please send your files on over.
[quote]

Look in your skills.txt for a skill that you use with a 'seq' animation and a 'seq nbr' of 0.

Hope it's clear
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:14 am

Turns out that the nIndex bug was related to barbarian mercs failing to use whirlwind... I've got this fixed now.

I think I've gotten that other error fixed too. Won't be long before 1.03 ;)

As for mercs, I'd check the hirelings.txt fileguide or such... the "multiple" ones you see there are merely breakpoints. Eg. at level 40 or such normal merc #1 switches over to stats of normal #2.

So basicaly if you want the 2nd nightmare merc, buy a merc in nightmare and grow him till he reaches that breakpoint.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:11 pm

FoxBat" wrote:So basicaly if you want the 2nd nightmare merc, buy a merc in nightmare and grow him till he reaches that breakpoint.
Ahh, thanks! Now all I need is a merc that doesn't crash the game every time I load up my character and I'm perfectly happy. :)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Booga

sko9 hit me too ;(

Post by Booga » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:54 am

O... just read lower and saw a post for the sk09 error.. i just got that in act 3 norm. first crash so far. : :roll: love the mod great job just hoping the bug will be fixed for next release.. if the patch ever comes out.. I was going to ask if it was an item or my merc that was causing the prob but i see now :D im a small time modder myself and it takes lots of patience i know.. well good luck and hope to see the fixes... looking forward to those great looking monsters :twisted: Dragons sweet... that sk09 wont occure often will it?... oh i am usein' v1.03
"Hippity hop.. Fizzy pop.. Put lemonade in your veins." Jet Girl

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:00 pm

:x Darn sk09 crash...

It's obviously an item that is causing it upon being generated, but I'm not sure what. I've been over and over my affixes and I can't find any skill-related errors...

rtcm

Post by rtcm » Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:12 pm

I've had the sk09 again too. I'm clvl 27 and the crash hapens quite often when opening Hareth's trade window.

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:43 am

Well due to a silly 0-indexing error on blizzard's part, magic arrow as a +skill mod would cause those nasty sk09 crashes. I changed the code in 1.04 so that it doesen't crash any more 8) So give it a try!

Return to “Seven Lances”