Amazon findings

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Underkill. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Seaular

dottim

Amazon findings

Post by dottim » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:17 am

I came across something, I couldn't equip a hunters bow with +3 to blazing arrow on my merc, and is it normal for guided arrow to be lvl 18? or did I do something wrong? it is at the top but lvl 18

as for balance issues, I had no trouble really, I was playing slowly and carefully though

I'm going to play some more ...
Last edited by dottim on Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: Amazon findings

Post by Seaular » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:17 am

You're not the first person who hasn't been able to equip their merc with a bow that they meet all the requirements for. :( I'm really not sure what to do about this, because I've never been able to recreate the problem on my end. Do me a favor (pretty please) and un-equip your merc completely and check to see if all the requirements for the bow are still met.

As for Guided Arrow, I'm completely stumped! It should be (and is on my end) available at level 1. I'm confused. :(

dottim

Post by dottim » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:43 am

after unequip, still not accepting bow:
http://www.shibui.be/files/Screenshot001.jpg

lvl 18 guided arrow:
http://www.shibui.be/files/Screenshot002.jpg

I have noticed that my merc just doesn't want to use bows with + to amazon skills, bows than have no skill bonuses equip just fine

I'm going to play some more to see if I can find more bugs ;)

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:21 am

OK! I figured out the first problem. When you put a skill on an item for universal use (oskill), it raises the required level of the item (something like required skill level +6). So in other words, if I have an item that gives a barbarian the necro's skill Raise Skeleton, the requirement for the item will be at least level 7(a lvl 1 skill + 6). BUT, if the skill on the item is one of your character's skills, the required level of the item will not be raised! So now if that barb gives the item to a necro, the necro will have a required level of 1 for the exact same item.

What's happening is that Blazing Arrow, a level 6 amazon skill shows up to your amazon as having a level requirement of 6, but for anything other than your amazon, like your rogue merc, the level requirement is actually 12. That almost made my brain explode.

As for the Guided Arrow as a level 18 requirement, I'm completely baffled! From your screenshot it appears as though you've got points in Blazing Arrow and in Multiple Shot. I'm not sure how you got your skills in Blazing Arrow (possibly from items?) but your Multiple Shot skill has a white skill points number, meaning that you had to have put 4 points into it. Multiple Shot requires Blazing Arrow, and Blazing Arrow requires Guided Shot, so I have no clue what's going on! You're running the Zero.Two patch right? (which shouldn't matter in this case anyway :( ) My brain hurts. :cry:

EDIT:
I'm going to play some more to see if I can find more bugs ;)
Find some easier bugs! :lol:
Last edited by Seaular on Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

dottim

Post by dottim » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:04 am

guided arrow displays correctly now, it's a lvl 1 skill just as it is supposed to be, don't know why, maybe because I used the reallocate skills button ? otherwise everything seems to be going ok

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:22 pm

I'm glad that's fixed, although I really wonder what was happening there.. That was really bugging me.

dottim

Post by dottim » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:10 pm

Well I finished normal mode (played usually at players 4) with my amazon, it wasn't too hard, diablo was pretty tough, but that was because I hadn't found a decent bow yet, which is my only complaint so far, I would love a nice lvl 26ish unique amazon bow or xbow, nothing overpowering but something with a bit more punch, I had to depend way to much on freezing arrow to freeze and stop the enemies so that my merc and valk could take care of them.

The skills I used predominantly were multishot and freezing arrow, just like I used to use in normal diablo2, so no difference there, also there's no real difference in difficulty, or at least I didn't notice any. The best skill adition for my amazon was the added magic damage skill and extra cold damage, they added a bit more ooomph to my weak stag bow. IAS was nice too though ;).

I tried her as a javazon, but it took to long before I could use a nice javelin skill (I'd love new javelin/spear skills, and something like assassin charge skills for spear skills I'm not sure what though). And is it normal for jab to reduce the quantity of my javalins? I'm guessing yes but I'm not sure anymore.

The acts, well there aren't really any changes that I could see, but you probably haven't changed anything yet?

The amazon is now retired and I'm going to try either a throwing or fist fighter barb or a paladin, I'll see who exactly tonight as I'm going to test out my new flowboard this afternoon :)

I like the adition off the + to all attributes magic prefix or suffix, me likes, reminds me of times past. Found a nice +8 to all jewel.

I also found a unique charm, crowpost, pretty cool, especially for my amazon, being able to blind my enemies helped quite a bit in some harder parts of the game.

Other than that nothing much to report, haven't come across anymore bugs, and it's still an early beta ...

Anyway, here's hoping you don't lose interest in the game, keep it up.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:11 pm

Jab, like all attacks (other than throwing of course), reduce the quantity of javelins. I made a fist barb and he was pretty fun, I've retired him early along with my amazon. I'm thinking about stripping them both and making a melee sorc.

Return to “Underkill”