Assassin mental skills

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Assassin mental skills

Post by mishy23 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:43 pm

Okay, I'm tackling assasin skills, and the first thing to go was charge-up skills, but now that i'm further along, i'm also scrapping the trap skill tree in exchange for a psionic skill tree.

Now here is how everybody can help me, while many ideas are implemented, the entire psionic tree is not done.
Mostly this tree is for attack spells of a more mental nature.

Any good ideas out there for psionic attacks? I want to keep within the normal D2 storyline of assassins being mage hunters, so I figure, they can't fight magic with magic, by why not fight magic with mental powers :)

Example of skills already done.

Mindthrust - projects a ray that saps victims life (cold damage) in a short range, with chance to freeze (mental shut-down).

Pyrokinetics - Ignites victim on fire for a short duration doing damage over time. (reduces victims stats while on fire)

I might have a few of the mental spells be the old assassin traps redone a bit, especially the ones ppl really like like death sentry, hmm now that gives me an idea...

EDIT: some new skills that are pretty much done (just need to bug test)

Psionic Blast: casts a psionic wave in front of you (does lightning damage, as many of my psychic powers will do) Also carries 50% of weapon damage, will definately make sure to balance this out since it is a wide range attack that carries weapon modifiers, though it will be a high level skill.

A few more skill names that are in the works, not sure of exact effects yet:
Ego Whip
Psychic Crush

In case no one noticed I love missile skills, and at the opposite side of the spectrum I dislike summon spells, so this mod will be more of a shoot em up rather than a RTS :P
Now if I only had a pet monkey to do all the text file typing.

-mishy23
Last edited by mishy23 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{Modding status: Project X}

tyler2zelda

Post by tyler2zelda » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:50 pm

How about something called Soul Steal that steals 10% mana at the first level and increases by 2% every level?

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Assassin mental skills

Post by mishy23 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:21 pm

Thanks for the idea, if I try something like this will be more of a melee skill rather than a psionic 'spell'.

Though I am nerfing leeching, so percentage would be alot lower.
Feel free to add any comments anywhere, the more feedback I get the more it helps generate ideas.

I think ppl will like the new assassin when i'm done with it, this class has almost entirely new skills.
-mishy23

EDIT:
Update on completed skills for Assassin.

mind thrust - projects multiple mental daggers in a VERY short range. Disrupts the opponents mind and slows them down (by doing cold damage) I just love the graphic of this skill. Had to remove the area of effect explosion on each dagger, cause testing showed this to be way to ungodly strong. Range/damage/#of mental daggers all improve with more skill levels.

psionic blast - Creates an area of effect mental blast (small wedge) (lightning damage), this blast carries 3/4ths weapon damage + extra lightning damage. Range starts out small and increases, but is alot larger than mind thrust. THis attack is blockable. Missile carries all equipment properties so this is a very strong skill. Will be a high level skill.

pyrokinetics - shoots a blast of fire that is homing (sometimes :P), just like the spidermages in ACT4. Does fire damage and does continual burning damage for a little bit. Was meant to reduce opponents speed as well when hit, but this seems bugged atm and might have to be removed.

more to come
Last edited by mishy23 on Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{Modding status: Project X}

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”