Rune Crafting

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Rune Crafting

Post by mishy23 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:26 pm

I am in need for more help if anyone is interested.

I have developed a new skill, tenatively called Rune Crafting for Druids.
This allows the druid to cube runes with a weapon and increase the power of the weapon.

Now I need to figure out what bonuses each rune will grant to the weapon (Note: rune crafting makes weapon become orange, and so each weapon can only be crafted once)

Now I thought of a few ways to do this.
1) Should this crafting only give bonus to ar and damage?
2) Should it grant special abilities that the rune already would grant, without having to socket it?
3) Should they grant hit skills or oskills? (maybe overpowered)

If anyone feels like adding anything feel free,
Thanks!
-Mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

Malachor
Paladin

Post by Malachor » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:38 am

What items would you be able to craft with this recipe? Just normal? or magic and/or the rest? Depending on the item quality, and the fact that it's only once, and also how important do you want this to be in your mod? Since the main focus has been the runewords, I'd probably just go with #2, weapon bonuses for weapons, etc. Not particularly powerful I know.
I just had a thought :twisted:
Imagine if you could craft a runeword, wouldn't need sockets on the item, but then you would have a bit of trouble determining whether or not you could "unruneword" an item. 8-O on second thoughts maybe it wasn't a good thought at all

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Rune Crafting

Post by mishy23 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:11 pm

Okay here's abetter breakdown:

This is all for a single skill the Barbarians will get, called 'Rune Crafting' (subject to change).

They can craft any magic weapon with a rune, to get a crafted weapon with 2 automods. I'm mostly wondering what to make these automods for each rune.
Its not that all important, its just one skill, for one class...I always liked games that had the ability to 'forge' so wanted to add it.

And as far as I can see so far, i'd allow these crafted items to be runeworded still just like rare items.

I think i'm settling for the crafting being +max dmg and +hit-skill for each rune (plus the random crafted affixes that will spawn)

-mishy23

Malachor
Paladin

Post by Malachor » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:30 am

I like that idea :D
of course you realise that some people who play other characters may want it for thier favourite character. But I like it, keeps them unique :D

icefrosty99

Post by icefrosty99 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:00 pm

I think the weapon would be overpowered if it granted skills. I like the ar and dmg bonus granted. This skill is unique to the druid but what about the other characters....are they gonna have a special skill like this one :roll: ??

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:23 pm

I wasn't planning on it, but now that I think about it, I just might try to give each class something.

First thoughts are:
Barb - craft weapon
Pal - craft shield
Sor - craft staff
Dru - craft charm
Asn - craft claw
Ama - craft bow/spear
Nec - craft amulet

Hmm might have to remove a skill or two to do this though...
Do ppl like crafting enough to have this ability?
I'd only remove the weakest link of a skill if i have to remove anything.

-Mishy23

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”