Finishing touches - Necromancer

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Finishing touches - Necromancer

Post by mishy23 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:39 pm

Okay putting finishing touches on necromancer.

I need some advice though because i'm stuck on a couple of things.

1)I'm removing Terror curse, and need a new curse in its place, something totally new, and can't come up with anything, any suggestions?

2)Any complaints about any of the posion/cold spells. I am thinking of ways to make chaos bolt different from lightning, one thing is it will stop when it hits something, but also I want another effect to it, possibly a power-up, like healing the necro mancer a bit when he uses it or something like that. Or atleast do something graphically neat, like have necro transform into something freaky for a few seconds after it casts this spell. Phrozen added tons more monster animations up lately, I might have to learn how to use those things :), give the necro a demon-transform. Any thoughts?

3)Not sure what to think of summoning tab, any suggestions? Is having one of each Golem too strong? Are skellies even worth it? I really don't like making new summoning spells :( Maybe a quick graphic change for skellies might work without changing how they work.
I like eye candy ;)

Okay i'll sound off hear about new changes I implement from last skills preview.

Alot of the work I am doing is behind the scenes, re-organizing skillnames so its easier to implement them in runewords and such.
And adding str/dex/vit/eng requirements to skills and having them display :)
I'm open to suggestions on which stat requirements you'd like to see.
The requirements won't be sky high, but its my mod and I hate characters that dump all stats points into ONE stat, so i'm going to make that very restrictive to play that style. Plus, need to make DEX and Energy have a bigger purpose, plus its not like all the runewords don't give you so many bonuses you will know what to do with them all.

-Mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Finishing touches - Necromancer

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:59 pm

[quote=mishy23";p="205253"]Okay putting finishing touches on necromancer.

I need some advice though because i'm stuck on a couple of things.

1)I'm removing Terror curse, and need a new curse in its place, something totally new, and can't come up with anything, any suggestions?[/quote]
How about "Polymorph"? You could turn the enemy into a cow or a camel as somewhat of a "holding" spell with the duration being based on the skill level ;)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”