Hello some feedback for ya!

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

No votes

Total votes: 0

Toughe

Hello some feedback for ya!

Post by Toughe » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 pm

i have been playing diablo since 1999, and I very much love the game. Now onto the breakdown.

Good stuff first
I like the runewords....nice stats and great variance between them
No balance issues yet although poison in general seem a bit powerful
rewards for killing monsters is the right lvl
Exp is great would not change a thing(I have a lvl 42 sorc now)
I like the idea you did not try and change the game completely, subtle but noticable changes

THings to work on(I apologize if you already know this stuff)
Circlets crash game when socketed and I try to put one on
Sow runes are not working for rune combos yet
Seem some runes dont have runewords yet
You might want to define what rune is a power rune when cubing to it...example I have several cracked, tiny, flawed, chipped, blank, corrupted, and others and besides cubing them I have not oen clue what to do with them. Some are gold in color in the name others are not. If the higher runewords have not been done yet then I will have to stop in normal. If all things are equal then nightmare would require the more powerful runewrods to be successful in.

Overall, I like your mod. I have played about 25 mods in my days and yours ranks right up there with the others. Good joB!

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Hello some feedback for ya!

Post by mishy23 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:03 am

Thanks for the feedback, it always helps, and glad you like the little things added to the game, lots of small things i never documented.

Now for your things to work on:
Yep many of them are still being worked on as you've guessed.
This mod is early in beta remember ;)
You'll be happy to know the circlet crash has been fixed ;) well atleast i think it is :P
At this point in the beta I only completed 512+ runewords,
so only runes up to #12, i think thats right before Sow,
are functioning, so yes playing past Normal is really not suggested yet,
I do hope you check out the skill changes that are soon coming
(See skills preview download, actually a new preview will be coming out soon) and i will have all the runewords completely done one day!
It is my ultimate goal, unfortuantely work has slowed down on them as i create and modify and balance all the skills in the game.
And I am only one man!! heheh
Though I have help with uniques, yes uniques will be added to game, but not what you think,
only rings/amulets and charms can be unique, cause everything else is for runewords ;)
Now them runes that have nothing on them, they are all meant for cubing,
but alas the cubing has been ignored, check out readme file it displays some runewords (some are unfortunately broken in the current download, i think its the upgrade ones, but they will be fixed next version), and some of them runes that arent even gold that drop werent meant to, but are forced drops from quests and such, gotta figure what to do with them, but atleast they arent causing any harm yet.

Awesome to hear what you think of my mod, and I hope you check in when we have new versions, and especially when full release is done.
Which might not be for another 6-9months, but sooner then alot of the big name mods in work now, hehehe i better be done before some of them if i'm too stand a chance.
Have a good day!

-Mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”