Skills tester needed - Apply within

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

No votes

Total votes: 0

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Skills tester needed - Apply within

Post by mishy23 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:13 pm

This is a request for a short-term beta tester to test the new skills in game and to uncover any bugs before final implementaion.

Job requirements will be to use an editor (UDIETOO works best)
to create higher level characters to beable to thoroughly test the new skills in the game, and discover any bugs: graphic glitches, damage bugs, display bugs, design flaws, item/skill complications.

This is very short term, and will not require more than 1-2 day per character class. Obviously I only need 1 person for this job, but this lucky person will get a sneak peek at the new skills being implemented.
This will require me sending files over email to you, and as I finish new character classes further testing will be needed. The test version for the mod you receive will be for testing purposes only, will not be compatible with the working version of the mod, so being able to run this as its own sub-mod will be needed.

Please apply only if you are interested in helping to make this mod better, and have enough knowledge of D2:LOD to test skills in a thorough way to find as many bugs as possible, knowledge of how to fix the bugs is not needed, but minor modding knowledge is a plus.

Lastly, this job requires email communication, and the ability to coherently write bug reports, and to be able to explain using the mechanics of the game, what is wrong or how something could be better.

No balance testing will be done, this testing will only be to make sure that new skills are correctly working as planned.

Thank you for your time, respond via this thread, or an email (myrddhin23@yahoo.com / subject: skills tester)

-Mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

Silverfire

Post by Silverfire » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:27 pm

Well, it's probably way late, and you probably already got an editor, but if you need still need someone to run quickly through to check stuff, I'm willing to try. [just page me on the boards, i don't give my info to public.]

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Skills tester needed - Apply within

Post by mishy23 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:56 pm

Nope, not too late, no one has applies for this position, I was just about to give up and stop modding, to test myself.
Glad to have someone willing!
Okay i'll send you a private message so I can get your information to send you your first assignment ;)
I'm just about finished with Sorc/Druid/Necro skills,
so basically all I will need is for you to run some editted characters with enoughs kill points to test all of the skills out in different areas,
to make sure they are working without any bugs.
-Mishy23

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Skills tester needed - Apply within

Post by mishy23 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:18 pm

Locking this thread,
position filled.

FYI, preview version will be released to showcase some of the skills,
this is not to be confused with a playable version of the mod.

Hope you enjoy.

-Mishy23

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”