Houjin!

Information and updates for the Stormbringer mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author
Gl0mb
Paladin

Houjin!

Post by Gl0mb » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:06 am

Due to completely random obsession with the japanese I have a part of the mod which is going to be modelled around japanese weaponry and armor. But it's not jut going to be straight forward, now that would be boring!
Normals
These items are simple though, you kill a monster and hey presto, a japanese samurai sword! Or a sexy looking helmet!

Uniques
Ah hah! These will be unique versions of the normal ones! But, you will only be able to find them on special unique monsters! New ones that will have realyl weird japanese names!

Sets
Same as the above really only set versions of the normal items, again only droppable by the unique japanse monsters.

Runes/Runewords
Hmm runes. There will be a number of new runes based around the japanese 'alphabet'. These runes will obviously make runewords, but in any of the old items, it will make a certain runeword, but in a japanese type item it will make a completely different more powerful runeword!
Eg. Put a certain combination of runes in a short sword and you may get 10%ed, put the same combination of runes in a samurai sword and you would get 30%ed with 10%ias!

And yes, all these items will have new inventory graphics! ^-^
"Anything done out of love is beyond good and evil" Friedrich Nietzsche
StormBringer FanForum created by Fras (I'm involved)

yo-mamma

Re: Houjin!

Post by yo-mamma » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:19 am

haha you should have one of those hats that the ppl wear in the rice patties over in like china and stuff

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:14 am

Not China foolish mortal!!! Japan!! China is completely different!!! And I've already got a lot of the inventory graphics and they look nice :) To me anyway :P

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:23 pm

you should give some sneak peaks at one or two...how are you making the graphics?

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:18 am

*taps his nose* You will never know my methods!!! MWUHAHAHAH!!!! And I might give you a sneak peak...Maybe, dunno... :P

NightStar
Banned
Crusader

Post by NightStar » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:20 pm

And as for the samurai swords, there are many different kind of samurai swords. Im sure you'd like that katana that's 6 feet long by the name of nodachi.

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/swords/nodachi.html

Sorry, im just obsessed with big stuff (You might also look up about Miao Dao which is basically the same thing like nodachi but chinese and is a bit larger/bigger, 7-8 feet). Website i mentioned above can also be used for information about other swords :)
"I am that one star shining brightly in the night" - NightStar

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:11 pm

Heh, don't worry, there will be plenty of big swords in there :P I've already got most of the graphics sorted, I especially like my Chinese Broad Sword graphic, they're very nice swords :P
Yes I just contradicted myself in an earlier post but yo-mamma was being foolish ;)
I might let you guys take a peak at my inventory graphics soon, if you ask very nicely :)

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:51 pm

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease??? :D haha

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:43 pm

Lol ok ok ok, next time you goto my site you should be able to view all the inventory graphics!! They'll be under items! :D

Return to “Stormbringer”