Ideas/requests

Information and updates for the Stormbringer mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author
BrotherDog
Paladin

Re: Ideas/requests

Post by BrotherDog » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:49 am

Don't you remember the suggestion I made on the channel? :mrgreen:

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:14 pm

Um...sorry my memory seems to be on strike at the mo. Care to remind me? :oops: :P
"Anything done out of love is beyond good and evil" Friedrich Nietzsche
StormBringer FanForum created by Fras (I'm involved)

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:31 pm

hey i just signed up to the forums. But anyway i was thinking that you might be able to have certian jobs that was specific to the classes that you could have that would expand the skill tree for that character. Im not exactly sure how hard this would be to make or whatever but its just a thought. Im sure ill have more later.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:42 pm

It is a very good thought but I'm not entirely sure if it is possible, or if it is the work required to set it into action, heh, nice idea though :)
Keep the ideas coming guys, the more the better
O and the easier my life is...Do I forget to mention that a lot?

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:39 pm

a few things. (see told you id come up with more) I was just wondering... your still gonna have all the reg classes right? but are you gonna make any others? I think that you should be able to hire different typed of npcs and that they should be able to wear boots gloves ammys rings... and also are you planning on making many new monsters? Tell me when you start the assn skill tree cause i love assns. ill help with any other stuff you need ideas for too. Your working on the self buff thing for the sorc right? I think you should make things that take away from the sorces mana and speed and stuff because you dont want to make ungodly char classes that can waste the others. And finally you should make a TON of new items. It would be cool to have a bunch of good uniques and sets. Sorry for all the talking(read: writing). keep up the good work man it looks good.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:28 pm

-Yes I'm going to keep the original classes, they wil just have different approaches as to original D2
-What do you mean by make others? Make completely new character classes?
-Hireables WILL be updated in many ways at some point, just have to wait and see
-Yup, quite a few monster additions/changes at some point :)
-Kk, I'll tell you when I move on to assassin, necro after sorc though
-Yes I'm working on the self buff tab, I've done a similar skill, Vulcan's Rage, I could make variations I suppose.....*ponders*
-No class will be majorly godly, I'm trying my hardest to keep skills damage and whatnot realistic so there isn't an amazing Super Class!
-There are going to be lots of new items :D
-Thanks for backing my mod bro, really appreciate it! SHOW MUST GO ON!!!!!

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:37 pm

alright i went on a trip this spring vacation so lets just say I had about 30 hours of doing absolutly nothing. You may not like all my ideas but here they are.

Amazon:

Archery Tab-
1. Magic Arrow: fires an arrow that is magicly enchanted with a random element.
6. Multiple Shot: same thing as last.
6. Arc Set: sets the spread of the multiple arrows. in %'s from the orrigional
12. Wind Arrow: fires a very rapidly moving arrow that strikes multiple enemys (slows enemys slightly)
12. True Aim:(passive when skill in archery tab is being used) Grants you an attack bonus and gives your arrows special abilitys (increased speed,distance,ect)
18. Earth Arrow: fires an arrow that repeadedly strikes an enemy as it knocks it backwards
18. Fire Arrow: fires an arrow that leaves a wave of fire in its wake
24. Lightning Arrow: fires an arrow that pulses electricity while it flys (charged bolts, nova on striking)
24. Deflect Arrows: (passive) gives you the posibility to dodge an arrow and deflect it a different direction
30. Spiratual Arrow: casts an arrow that steals life and mana from an enemy then returns to you

Animal Empathy Tab-
1. Eagle: Summons an eagle to give you an attack bonus and a larger light radius. (does not attack)
6. Vulture: Summons a vulture to eat corpses then gives you health.
12. Calming Touch: Gives you a chance to calm an attacking enemy so that it will stop attacking
12. Homing pidgeons: Casts pidgeons that home in on your enemys. (wind arrow bonus)
18. Tame Wolf: Tames a wolf (that you can ride on???) or that will attack for you
18. Animal Traning: (passive) Gives your animals bonuses
24. Bear: Summons a bear to fight for you
24. Healing Globe: (aroura) Slowly heals you and your animals (can see radius slightly?)
30. Lepords Call: Calls a lepord to fight for you (very fast very low stanima)
30. Animal Mastery: Increases the animal traning bonuses.

Spear/Javelin Tab-
1. Adjacent Attack: Strikes out at multiple adjacent enemys.
1. Magic spear: Random elemental dammage addition.
6. Impale: Run up to your enemy and do a powerful stab attack.
6. Inferno Bolt: Throw a fire enchanted javelin at your enemy (a red bone spear???)
12. Inner Sight: (Passive in tab) Gives an attack bonus and a slight attack speed increase.
18. Wind Javelin: Throws a rapidly moving javelin that passes through your enemy.
18. Disease Bolt: Throw a poision trailed javelin that explodes in a poision cloud when it strikes something.
24. Earthquake: Jab your Spear into the ground, causing a tremmor that dammages enemys in the area.
30. Frozen Meteor: Hurl your spear into the air. When it hits the ground it explodes, frezing everything it hits.
30. Hand of Zeus: Calls down a lightningbolt to strike your enemys (charged bolts on striking)

some of the tabs might need a little ballancing but w/e. tell me what ya think

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:03 pm

sorry if you guys dont like ppl double posting but i didn't want to make one HUGE post.

Necro:

Summoning Tab
1. Bone Rascle: Summons a bone rascle (act 3 little guys)
1. Bone Crow: Summons an undead crow to fight for you (druids ravens?)
6. Bone Mage: nothing different other than they can cast low lvl spells
6. Mud Golem: nothing different here
12. Bone Spirit: Summons a spirit that gives bonuses to you and your minnions (druids oak sage)
18. Enchant: Enchants your minnions (rascle,crow,mud golem) with a random element. (cast on specific minnions)
24. Bone Dragon: Summons a mini bone dragon to fight for you (specters)
24. Golem Mage: Summons a golem that it enchanted with an element (spell casters)(can be cast with other golems)
30. Sun Golem: Summons a golem that emits a bright light (gets bonuses durring the day) (blinds enemys?) (faster than regular golem by a bit)
30. Dark Golem: Summons a wraith-like golem that gets added bonuses at night. (very fast) (strong attack)

Bone and Poison Tab
1. Poision Bomb: THrow a bomb that explodes in a small poision cloud (like assn fire blast skill)
6. Bone Tap: Tap a corpse for life and mana
12. Bone Shiled: Spinning shiled of bones that sourounds the caster, doing dammage to adjacent enemys
18. Poision Bolt: Throws a poisionus bolt (poision trail,explosion) (green bone spear)
18. Shard Throw: Throws bone shards ar your enemys (like blade furry)
24. Disease: Enchants your weponds with poision dammage.
24. Poision Trail: A trail of poision follows you (like blaze)
30. Bone Trap: Explosive trap that sends shards of bone flying everywhere (like frozen orb but bones)
30. Antidote: Increases your poision resistance (passive)
Backup Skill. Poision Trap: Trap that shoots poision bolts and explodes poision when enemys are near. (like death sentury)

not sure about a third tab... maybe something that adds dammage to a necro wand or something like that...transformations?....Cryptic Tab????

ill have more in a bit c&c are welcome
Last edited by yo-mamma on Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:48 am

*falls over* Woah man....You got some really nice ideas there but slow down!!! I'm still finishing the sorceress!!!
Lol, although I am really liking some of those ideas :D
A lot of them will most likely be used or adapted slightly ^-^

diazflac

Post by diazflac » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:10 pm

Are you still looking for self buff ideas etc? If so, I just had one little thought that might be interesting. I was thinking something like a skill that gives increased % mana regen at the price of increased health degen (ie poision or something) or perhaps one for the other way around (health regen, mana degen). *shrugs* just a random idea, maybe not something you'd use for the sorc necessarily but something like that would be useful and yet come with a price to pay too. Could be like a replacement for "Warmth" for example.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:59 pm

Hmm yea, I'm liking that...Heh, thanks for the input guys. Keep it up!!

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:57 am

haha i still have a complete druid trees too but ill wait for a bit... i was thinking maybe instead of self buf call it like elemental strength or something keeping with the whole sorc thing. Have some basic spells that just do +to dam or +to attack. something that just does + to one thing then have your vulcans rage and stuff like that for higher spells but maybe change the names to something with the elements maybe??? just a thought.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:09 pm

Lol man, it's called self buff so that you guys understand what the hell I'm going on about. And yea keep that druid tab to yourself for now :P Not sure I quite like those really simple things. And Vulcan's Rage is to do with Elements!! Vulcan is the God of Fire!!!

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:37 pm

yea thats true... it was just a thought anyway. so your going to to the fire cold ele tabs with all of the things combined then??? or are you gonna do the summoning incantation sefl-buff tabs?

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:37 am

I'm going to do the ele tabs with all things combined I think. Not 100% sure yet...Work will continue after my decision is made :)

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:56 am

what was the problem you ran into with the three diff trees (incantations...)?

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:24 am

Go check out the redecision topic thingy, I think I said quite a bit bout it all in there

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:47 am

ahh... but what about the Chrysalis skill. Thats an ice assult or do you mean a different way???

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:37 pm

Lol I'm confused, probably not the best time to try and answer anything :roll:
Well, what I mean by assault is things like Ice Bolt from the classic D2, summons is obvious and melee/self buff would be things like enchant and similar spells to zeal and whatnot. Hope that answered your question.

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:48 am

ummm not really...you said that you didnt have space for an ice assult spell in the incantations tab right? but the crysalys thing is one. It freezes the enemy or what not.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:53 am

O yea I see what you mean now, sorry lol. I ran out of room to add ANOTHER ice assault spell :P
Cause at the moment I've tried to keep a blanace of the number of element spells, so two per element I think. So Fire Ring and Magma Rain, Ice Dust and Chrysalis, Nova Pulse and Power Surge.
But the new tab layout allows for three assault spells aswell as three melee/self buff and summoning skills. And then room for a passive that will boost certain stats.
If you want a possible break down of what the skills willl be on each tab then say, not right now though, too tired hehe

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:33 pm

ahh ok i get it now... thanks for the clear up

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:37 pm

Heh no problem man, I'm here to help!! Sorry bout the lack of anything happening with the mod guys. Got other things on my mind and other things to do :twisted:
O well, it will probably pick up soonish, if not though, it will be stopping. If I can't find the time soon then I won't find the time again :( It just gonna get busier and busier

yo-mamma

Post by yo-mamma » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:38 am

that sux id help you if i knew anything about modding. you should keep it up tho... looks like its gonna be a sweet mod.

Gl0mb
Paladin

Post by Gl0mb » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:17 am

Heh thanks man, the show must go on!! I'll start it again once I've done all my homework lol, and I can do that really easily.
Hmm now I just need YOU guys to keep those dang self buff ideas coming!!! I've got a rough outline but I want the people to develop it so they enjoy the experience more blah blah :P

Return to “Stormbringer”