Freeze on Frost Nova

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Wyrmheart1343
United States of America

Freeze on Frost Nova

Post by Wyrmheart1343 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:49 pm

How do I make it so that Frost Nova freezes enemies like Ice Blast or Glacial Spike?

I added the elemental type "frze" in missiles.txt like Glacial Spike has, but nothing.
I also tried coping the Ice Blast parameters regarding freeze length in skills.txt but also nothing.

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Re: Freeze on Frost Nova

Post by AdiTT » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:35 pm

Can you please confirm just for clarity in which version of the game you are attempting to change the skill? You have a duplicate post in both Legacy and in D2:R sections.
There is no need to post the same question in multiple locations.
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

Wyrmheart1343
United States of America

Post by Wyrmheart1343 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:35 pm

I'm actually trying to do this in both versions, the process should be similar. If I can get it to work in one, I'll probably be able to transfer it to the other one.

I tend to work first on LOD, then replicate on Resurrected; but sometimes I do it the other way around.

Since I'm new here, I didn't know where it'd be best to post to get a fast response.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:26 pm

Use psrvdmgfunc=4. I strongly recommend Mishy's missile guide (https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29595), which is easy to use and straight to the point, only describing the most commonly used missile functions. If you want to know about other missile functions, then I recommend my guide (https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67114), which is rather messy but describes nearly every missile function in detail, including ways in which missiles affect skills and other oddities.

Wyrmheart1343
United States of America

Post by Wyrmheart1343 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:01 pm

OMG, thanks! you are a godsend!

Return to “Skill Clinic”