Additional missiles formula doesn`t work 1.13c

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Whaag
Germany

Additional missiles formula doesn`t work 1.13c

Post by Whaag » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:34 am

Greetings,

i try to give Fire Arrow some additional missiles per stat with this formula. The skill itself can shoot multiple missiles like multi arrow and the propertie to show the stat is also displayed properly.

This method worked very well with cooldowns but somehow the number of missiles doesn`t increase :lol:

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Re: Additional missiles formula doesn`t work 1.13c

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:18 am

The formula needs to be in quotes if using the 'min' function.
Try:
"min(24,ln12)+stat('item_fire_arrow'.accr)"

Whaag
Germany

Post by Whaag » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:56 pm

k0r3l1k wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:18 am
The formula needs to be in quotes if using the 'min' function.
Try:
"min(24,ln12)+stat('item_fire_arrow'.accr)"
Thanks for your reply. I tried that in different variations. Even if i replace the min function with a fixed value it does not work.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:24 pm

Are you sure the stat is adding properly to your character? A few ideas to verify:
(1) Check to make sure the stat is being referenced properly. If you reference clc1 directly via skilldesc.txt, does the skilldesc value go up when you equip the item with the stat?
(2) Try referencing a different stat for # missiles scaling. Does the different stat work, yet yours doesn't?

Also, it might be nitpicky of me, but you might be able to use a skill instead of a stat for this. I like to do that since stats are so limited, whereas you can have tens of thousands of skills. So for example, instead of stat('item_fire_arrow'.accr) you could use skill('item_fire_arrow'.len), where auralencalc in the skill item_fire_arrow has the formula lvl-stat('item_allskills'.accr), such that the value of the skill that acts as a stat does not increase with +skills.

Whaag
Germany

Post by Whaag » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:49 pm

Cypress wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:24 pm
Also, it might be nitpicky of me, but you might be able to use a skill instead of a stat for this. I like to do that since stats are so limited, whereas you can have tens of thousands of skills. So for example, instead of stat('item_fire_arrow'.accr) you could use skill('item_fire_arrow'.len), where auralencalc in the skill item_fire_arrow has the formula lvl-stat('item_allskills'.accr), such that the value of the skill that acts as a stat does not increase with +skills.
Thank you very much!
It worked the nitpicky way and it adds a lot of flexibility to it :lol:
Haven't even thought about that because i was so possessed by that stat to make it work.

Return to “Skill Clinic”