Town portal skill

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Town portal skill

Post by jessedazebra » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:54 pm

So, here's the question: has anyone been able to create town portal skill in 1.13c? I know there's such thing in MXL Sigma. I've read "Create your own custom portals" for 1.10, but seems like there's no option to make it work in 1.13c. Is it possible to make it work without CE?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: Town portal skill

Post by devurandom » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:22 am

It was possible to do without major CE in 1.10. see Kingpin's tutorial on custom portals
https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24082

I never found a way to port the "Red Portal Fix" code for 1.13d, at the time (2015).
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 am

Yeah, I've read it and tried to make it without CE involved. I tried to make a portal skill for sorc using skills, missiles and skilldesc txt files only, but there was only animation and no missile after skill usage. And even if it would've worked somehow without CE, there's only one level id that can be used for missiles, so if you use id1 (rogue encampment) it would only work in act1, but wouldn't work in other acts. So, I thought maybe there's another way to make this work, like the way it was done for MXL Sigma.

Conqueror
Argentina

Post by Conqueror » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:53 pm

devurandom wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:22 am
It was possible to do without major CE in 1.10. see Kingpin's tutorial on custom portals
https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24082

I never found a way to port the "Red Portal Fix" code for 1.13d, at the time (2015).
Do you know how to do it in 1.13c?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:23 pm

@jessedazebra
I shared my first version of the cross act portal code with Whist for MXL. It's act4->act5 portal code reversed.

@Conqueror
The reason i switched from asm to cpp was for finding a solution to the issue of "Red Portal Fix" code. With assembly I had to hard code the name strings for red portals, same way blizzard did it. I wasn't working in 1.13c
at that time.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Return to “Skill Clinic”